New Here...

VanillaValerie

Hi Valerie!

The best thing I can tell you is:

A) Read every page on geocaching.com!

and

:) Read back over old posts/topics here in the forums. Everything has been covered at least once!

That's how I got my start and I felt right at home by the time my Mag330 arrived! Hope this helps you out!

Team Squad51 icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Valerie!

The best thing I can tell you is:

A) Read every page on geocaching.com!

and

;) Read back over old posts/topics here in the forums. Everything has been covered at least once!

That's how I got my start and I felt right at home by the time my Mag330 arrived! Hope this helps you out!

Team Squad51 icon_biggrin.gif

Welcome to the great activity of geocaching. Many of your questions can probably be done by searching these forums for the answers, but if that dosen't work I'm sure there are many people, including myself, that are very willlign to help.

jhwf4

Welcome to GeoCaching! Fran (my wife) and I love it - we started on July 5th, and have already found 17 caches! (May not sound like a lot, but for one week, we were on vacation with her family, and we only could get away for one find.)

It has gotten us outside, seeing places we didn't know existed!

You'll find lots of good information on this website, (and some silliness too, of course.)

Look at posts where readers talk about their GPS units, etc.

definately read as much as you can in these forums. Don't jump into buying a GPS until you have researched and know what you want, and then look some more. I would also recommend that when you think you have found what you want post it on the forum and find out from current owners what they like or dont like about the GPS. This can save you a lot of pain and some money in the long run.