Finding Unapproved Cache

showbizkid

About ten days ago, I placed a virtual cache which was not approved because it didn't meet requirements for such a cache. I have now created a regular cache at the same location and want to modify the unapproved cache.

HOWEVER, my hard drive crashed over the weekend and I had to reformat the drive, so my bookmark with the address to the unapproved cache is gone.

I don't see any way to locate this. Any ideas?

-showbizkid

If the cache was rejected the best thing to do is start over. You can't change the type of cache after you submit it.

Good luck with the new cache.

Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.

Sydney J. Harris

Don't believe this true. I've found caches that started regular caches and were changed to virtuals after cache container disappeared. All the posts since the original regular cache show up and the hidden date is for the original regular cache.

The volunteer who review my submission said I could alter the listing to a regular cache. I just need to know how to find the page with this cache on it. Only I can view it and it doesn't appear on searches.

On your "My Cache Page" look under "My Hidden caches"

The cache you listed should be there. If it's not there then it's gone.

If it is there click on it and look for the "Edit this cache" button in the upper right hand corner.

At the top of that page is a "Cache type" drop down box. That's where you change the type of cache. You can't do that anymore. GC.com has locked that so you can't get around the approval process.

Good luck.

Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.

Sydney J. Harris

quote:
Originally posted by showbizkid:

Don't believe this true. I've found caches that started regular caches and were changed to virtuals after cache container disappeared. All the posts since the original regular cache show up and the hidden date is for the original regular cache.

It appears this is no longer possible. If you edit your cache, the type is not changeable. I suspect that the approvers can help with that, however.

Ron/yumitori

---

Remember what the dormouse said...

Yes, but if the cache is unapproved he should still be able to edit it. If not make all other changes to the original cache page then email the admin who archived it. They can change the type for you and review the cache to see if it can be unarchived.

TMJ--Admin.

Don't mind us, we're just looking for tupperware in this bush.

It's no longer possible to change the cache type after the original submission; I noticed this on our latest cache even before it was approved.

You also can't change the coordinates too much, but I don't think it's been made clear what the allowable amount of change is, and if these changes are from the saved original value, or just a limit on the amount you can move the cache in one round of editing (in other words, can you move the cache a small amount daily until it's cumulatively a large distance away??).