What's the general age of people who geocache?

RobertM

Brian, you just about nailed it for me except I'm 44 with 3 kids.

Lou AKA TxHiPowr

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

According to US Census Bureau statistics, the average Geocacher is a married, Caucasian male, 37 years old with 1.5 children and employed in the Information Systems field.

Actually I just made those statistics up becuase they sounded good, but I bet I'm not too far off.

"Life is a daring adventure, or it is nothing" - Helen Keller

You know, when I got into geocaching I thought it'd be a sport littered with 20-somethings and techno nerds. Like me! icon_smile.gif My reality was shattered at the first event I attended icon_smile.gif Not badly, but my geocaching friends certainly defied my initial imagination.

I'm 26 (for all intents and purposes) and was 24 when I started. And yes, I'm a geek. (hello trippy!)

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

Saving geocaches - one golf ball at a time.

Flat_MiGeo_A88.gif

Sherk is 32. Shacked up with my occasional geocache buddy/boyfriend Bobby who is 29.

Our bearded dragon "puppy" is 10 months. The mouse it just ate was 3 days old (RIP).

We relived childhood the other night playing Joust and Tron and talking about the benefits of the commodore 64 system. icon_biggrin.gif

I think the average is like 40 or so. I guess I could add them all up etc. But naw...

I heard about this 3 years ago and finally started when my wife wanted to start hiking...

But it is a clean environment friendly (trash - out) sport!

Cause I know those sats are made from recycled plastic and old tires!! right?

I haven't looked at every post in this long thread but obviously I'm one of the seniors, age 68, and I'm having a great time. I was already a hiker, camper, birder and I love this sport. On a recent week in Florida I ruled out caches of the kind that required hiking seven miles and then rappeling down a sink hole but I found lots that were easily within my abilities.

NevaLP (and I'm a whiz at punching in waypoints)

Darn! I wanted to post the "I'm the youngest" reply. Well, I just got into this whole thing like three days ago. Officially I am not yet a geocacher since I have yet to go out and find something. I plan to this week.

I am 5230 divided by 261.5 years old. I guess I got all of you beat... wait...

K never mind I'm only twenty.

icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif

I remember I was in a small room with peach colored walls, two windows, very uncorfortable chairs and desks, with an over-head projector... there was thirty other people in the room with me. Some mean old vegetarian, neat-freak, workaholic, underpaid, overworked, old lady was at the front of the room blabbing away about something about a president when I heard the name Kennedy, and the word "assassinated". icon_confused.gif Oh I remember! I was at still at the brainwashing facility that I escaped out of! Ahh the memories...

icon_rolleyes.gif

MTV used to play music?? Really? Nah, I dont believe you.

Hold on I'm watching this show on MTV where all these people that obviously dont get along live with each other for a few months and.... icon_wink.gif

-=The Foods=- RaViN's Mexican Pizza

-=The Foods=- RaViN ChIpOtLe

http://thefoods.freeservers.com

[This message was edited by Ravin2001 on February 16, 2003 at 02:30 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

According to US Census Bureau statistics, the average Geocacher is a married, Caucasian male, 37 years old with 1.5 children and employed in the Information Systems field.

Actually I just made those statistics up becuase they sounded good, but I bet I'm not too far off.

Pretty close actually - 26, married, 2 children, and employed in Info Sys... icon_smile.gif

-Mixster