What's the general age of people who geocache?

RobertM

Geocaching takes in people of all ages. I myself am 35 . . there's even a guy on here named Markwell who is . . I dunno . . 80 something I think.

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again."

Mt. 13:44

80 huh? I bet back in his day, a person had to walk uphill 5 miles in the snow both ways to get to a cache, using nothing but the sun, stars, and a witching stick.

Myself? 38

There are a lot of judgemental people in the world, and I think all those people are worthless dirtballs.

quote:
Originally posted by Marty Fouts:

i can't remember how old i am. but i can remember where i was when kennedy was assassinated.

That goofy chick from MTV was ASSASSINATED!?!?!?!

Man, I've got to watch those news channels more!

Bret

According to US Census Bureau statistics, the average Geocacher is a married, Caucasian male, 37 years old with 1.5 children and employed in the Information Systems field.

Actually I just made those statistics up becuase they sounded good, but I bet I'm not too far off.

"Life is a daring adventure, or it is nothing" - Helen Keller

quote:
Originally posted by RobertM:

I'm 28.

I Hope I'm not playing a childs games. :-) But it doesn't seem so.

Rob

Of course it's a childs game! We are all just kids at heart, and this is just a grown up game that can include our children if we so desire. I am a 42 year old house wife with a caching addiction! My errands just happen to take me out into the wilderness. "Yipee"

Pepper

Horizontals where it's at!

[This message was edited by SuperGenius on August 19, 2002 at 08:13 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Team 5-oh!:

And yes Kennedy was also an MTV icon.

I'm amazed and a little depressed that I made an MTV reference that a 23 year old didn't get icon_frown.gif

I guess I am old enough to remember when MTV still played music. . . . sighhhhhhh

Bret

quote:
Originally posted by Team 5-oh!:

And yes Kennedy was also an MTV icon.

I'm amazed and a little depressed that I made an MTV reference that a 23 year old didn't get icon_frown.gif

I guess I am old enough to remember when MTV still played music. . . . sighhhhhhh

Bret

I remember where I was when I heard that Kennedy had been assassinated. I also remember attending the 1962 World's Fair in Seattle.

I'm another one who remembers when MTV played music all day.

I also remember when it was a big deal for a company to have an IBM 360 computer. The bank I worked at did, and we had to have special clearance to get into the computer room.

Shannah

(old, but not yet a fogey)

quote:
Originally posted by yorelken:

quote:
Originally posted by TT120:

39 for me and 11 for my dog.

That makes the dog one of the oldest - in dog years, what? 77 or so?

Actually, some animal experts have been calculating dog age this way: 1st year = 14 yrs, 2nd year = addn'l 10 yrs, every year after that = addn'l 4 yrs. Ergo, Jessi and myself (I'm Alex --- using the home computer while husqui is at work and my nose is starting to hurt from poking these keys!) are approximately 60 and 56 in human years. Husqui, on the other hand, is about 6.5 in dog years but he acts too much like an 8-month old puppy most of the time..... icon_rolleyes.gif

quote:
Originally posted by yorelken:

quote:
Originally posted by TT120:

39 for me and 11 for my dog.

That makes the dog one of the oldest - in dog years, what? 77 or so?

Actually, some animal experts have been calculating dog age this way: 1st year = 14 yrs, 2nd year = addn'l 10 yrs, every year after that = addn'l 4 yrs. Ergo, Jessi and myself (I'm Alex --- using the home computer while husqui is at work and my nose is starting to hurt from poking these keys!) are approximately 60 and 56 in human years. Husqui, on the other hand, is about 6.5 in dog years but he acts too much like an 8-month old puppy most of the time..... icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm 40 and ready to die now, have done everything and geocaching came along just in time as I was about to go to florida and lay down to die. I have started a craze at my work (The Hubble Telescope) and we'll see. I see geocaching as filling a huge void right now and a chance to hike with an attitude.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing...

Hmmm... I remember watching The Lone Ranger, Rin Tin Tin and Have Gun Will Travel.

I even had a poodle skirt!!

I'm racing up on 46, Mr Whiskers is 50, GearBoy is almost 10 and PrettyInPink is 7. I'm afraid what it will do to our average if I count Boots the Wonder Cat... she's 19. icon_wink.gif

quote:
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers (1879-1935)

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing...

Hmmm... I remember watching The Lone Ranger, Rin Tin Tin and Have Gun Will Travel.

I even had a poodle skirt!!

I'm racing up on 46, Mr Whiskers is 50, GearBoy is almost 10 and PrettyInPink is 7. I'm afraid what it will do to our average if I count Boots the Wonder Cat... she's 19. icon_wink.gif

quote:
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers (1879-1935)

I remembr seeing Kennedy assasinated on MANY TV shows. (You know it was a conspiracy?)

I believe it was Elvis who shot him, he was spotted at Janis Joplins house with Jim Morrison doing some acid Just before the fatal shot was heard!

UMmmmm,,, icon_biggrin.gifBoth my wife and I are 35

"If you're not the lead dog, The view is always the same"

I remembr seeing Kennedy assasinated on MANY TV shows. (You know it was a conspiracy?)

I believe it was Elvis who shot him, he was spotted at Janis Joplins house with Jim Morrison doing some acid Just before the fatal shot was heard!

UMmmmm,,, icon_biggrin.gifBoth my wife and I are 35

"If you're not the lead dog, The view is always the same"

quote:
Originally posted by Bernie & Sheri:

Didn't the CIA later find out that the plan was hatched on the set of the fake moon landing in Hollywood? I seem to remember that... icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Bernie & Sheri:

Didn't the CIA later find out that the plan was hatched on the set of the fake moon landing in Hollywood? I seem to remember that... icon_wink.gif