What Are Your Geocaching Goals?

Team DEMP

The following are some of my geocaching goals:

1) Find all caches placed by BrianSnat (by Brian alone or with someone else and placed in NY/NJ). Currently 27 caches remain. I've found 31 so I'm more then half way there.

2) Find all caches within a 10 mile radius of my home. 20 remain, of which 1 requires a boat/canoe (which I don't own) and 1 is possibly missing, though not yet officially archived. Only 1 of the caches is also a BrianSnat cache. I've completed 78 caches already within the 10 mile radius.

3) Find all caches within 30 miles that were placed in 2000. 4 caches currently remain, all in NY and all placed by Lucien.

4) Finally place a cache of my own.

I think out of all of them, #1 will be the hardest!

What are some of your geocaching goals?

David

Geocaching Goals:

To get my husband off the couch.

To teach my kids to love nature and always look for the hidden treasures in life.

To always remember the Deet.... man I itch all over.

To actually need a 4x4 and then buy one.

Edit: Oh and of course to have more finds than PandyBat. :)

Edited by GentleWhisper

What are some of your geocaching goals?

David

Just one:

Have fun finding geocaches.

I'm happy to say I've reached a point where if I'm not having fun attempting a cache, I can walk away and come back another time.

I couldn't have said it better.... my sentiments exactly. To do this, my weekly goal lately seems to be doing longer treks with friends and with lots of chance for the REAL Quoddy to run, too.

Edited by Quoddy
Absolutely!! And the more folks that are with you while you're having that fun, the better it seems to be!

Yes, I've spent most of my time lately taking friends to caches I've already found. Though I did get an unexpected newbie to walk deep into some neck high tick infested undergrowth wearing shorts and flip flops so that we could log her first find... just because I wanted to put some mileage on my Yellow Jeep Travel Bug.

3 simple goals:

1. All caches within 10 miles of my house - I have 5 left but they all suck!

2. 365+1 caches for the year - I joined in August on the 26th

That gives me 72 days to find 36 caches or one every two days. I only cache on Sat or Sun so that leaves. 3.5 a day.

3. Have fun, meet new people and gather large groups to go caching. It's a social thing :)

Oh yeah and a semi goal is to run a minimum of 4 events a year.

To love nature and get a 4x4?

Are these compatible?

1) Get out and hike.preferably with B or M, maybe both, maybe even my wife on ocassion.

2) Have more finds than Team Bam Bam. Even with their number fluffer caches.

3) At lest beat Team Bam Bam to difficult caches.

4) Place my own cache.

5) To reach 200 before January 1

Lets see now....goals???

The main one that I would have, if I were at home, would be to find all caches in that 20 mile radius of home.

The current goal, that is going to take some time is to try achieve at least one cache in every state. Being on the road and travelling through many states is giving me the oppurtunity to see many states and hopefully caches.

There will be some that I miss but that is what vacations are for ;):) .

Happy caching all.

Those are good goals David...

For me as still a relative newbie it would be....

1. Go for a good cache series with a group.

2. Go for some "good hike" (Briansnat & Jonboy-type) caches with nice vistas. The NJ Forgotton cache series comes to mind..

3. Grab a bunch of caches in areas where I like to vacation... The coast of Maine, coast of Rhode Island, the Berkshires, Virginia.

4. Get some of the straightforward caches that can be stops on the way home from work.

5. See how far I can stretch my lunch so I can cache mid-day... (Maybe that one isn't such a good idea) ;)

In any case, I look forward to definitely meeting my #1 goal of caching with a bunch of you guys and gals..

I've actually found my goals have changed over time.

When I started it was:

- hit as many caches as possible

- get to all 5 caches in the park in one trip

- start hiding caches

- make time during every trip to cache

- make that magic 100 mark

But now my goals are (and I can't explain why they changed):

- get out and have fun and explore

- don't worry about the 5 caches in the park - if we make 3 and the kids spend an hour in the playground it was worth it

- I can go on trips without driving everyone crazy to go caching

It's as if the fever has broken and instead of being driven to cache, I can be more selective as to when and where I want to cache.

-PD

To love nature and get a 4x4?

Are these compatible?

As a nature loving Jeep owner ('88 & '89 Wranglers, '96 Cherokee, 81 Grand Wagoneer) I can without a doubt say that YES they are 2 very compatible things. All of the 4x4 guys I know (especialy all my NEFGA friends) practice responsible "Tread Lightly" 4 wheeling. Jeep drivers can be just as environmentally responsible (sometimes maybe more) than the driver of an electric car. ;)

Our next goal is to find all caches within 60 miles of our house. We just completed all caches within 50 miles last Sunday.

Wow - in order to clear out caches within a 30 mile radius of my house it would number over 750!

Maybe it would be cheaper for you to by a house in Northern NJ then spend the gas driving around Kansas looking for caches. :unsure:

Maybe it would be cheaper for you to by a house in Northern NJ then spend the gas driving around Kansas looking for caches.

Yes we are in a cache poor area! The problem is with gas prices cannot afford a house in an expensive area. Our area has more houses for sale than buyers so housing is pretty inexpensive around here.

It does make going caching a great outing for the kids to look forward to since we are not going every week. We are starting to get to where some of the closest unfound caches are where we never travel so they would have to be special planned cache trips. The remaining ones we have been getting are where we make a slight detour to hit them on the way to visits. Makes some of the caches expense with our gas $1.95 a gallon and we get 18-20 mpg on the van.

4. Come up with a snappy Geocaching name (when I signed up i never thought i would be come to be known by it)

Dave (dhenning25)

Yeah - every time I see dhenning, I expect the avatar to be this:

henning.jpg

Ok seeing that, I am changing my priorities

1. Get a snappy name

2. That other stuff

1. 300 finds.....wait, did that

2. 200 traditional cache finds.......of wait, did that, too...on my 300th find

3. hydro cache.....did that last weekend.....

hmmm......looks like i'm gonna have to think up some new goals........well, i guess i'll just have fun caching while i think about a new goal....

My long-term goal is to visit the oldest cache in each state.

With that being said. My current set of goals is to find the 25 oldest caches in NJ. (Only 13 to go) followed by finding every puzzle/myster cache in NJ. And then evey TNeigel and BrianSnat cache. That should keep us busy for a while. :lol:

Sometime this summer or fall do The Hiker's Series and The Africa Loop.

Had three goals until this past Saturday.

1. Attend a caching event: Richmond River Ralley this past Saturday.

2. Get an FTF - Barker Bonanza this past saturday.

3. Hit 100 caches. Did that this past Saturday which just happened to coinside to 4 months caching to the day we signed up.

Now I have to go back and come up with an entire new set of goals or just quit caching altogether. And I don't think quitting is an option.

My goals keep changing over time. But what stays true is that caching shows me new areas all the time. It's a real kick to find out about some wonderful spot that has been right under my nose and never knew about it. The main variable goal to keep creating new types of caches (in new areas). Into water and night caches now. I am not sure about doing a scuba cache, but I can put one under water. Bingo, a new idea in the works.