Ouch that hurts.

Gloom

Just a reminder to be careful when carrying spare batteries in your pocket. Had some in my pocket today from caching yesterday and I forgot they were there. I threw some change in there with them, usually I'm pretty careful about that kind of thing but today I just completely forgot. Awhile later I noticed a burning sensation on my leg. I reached down and found my pants leg was EXTREMELY hot. Seems the change had shorted out one of the batteries and it was cooking itself. By the time I reached in my pocket to get it out it was so hot that I got a 2nd degree burn on my finger. Luckily I had it out of my pocket before it started spewing battery acid.

Ten minutes later, one of the quarters that was shorting it out was still hot to the touch.

Anyway, just a reminder to be careful with your batteries.

-Gloom

----

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

McIrish - About that one shoe deal, I finally figured it out!

I saw a bum come walkin' into town along the railroad tracks with that one shoe and one bare foot deal... I asked, "Lose a shoe?"

To which he casually replied, "Found one!"

maj-gps.gif

majicman

quote:
Originally posted by Dekaner:

Check out what I did to myself here:

Yep that too looks mighty painful!

----

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

quote:
Originally posted by majicman:

I saw a bum come walkin' into town along the railroad tracks with that one shoe and one bare foot deal... I asked, "Lose a shoe?"

I was hiking up the side of a nearby hill scouting out a place for a new cache the other day. I was wearing my favorite old pair of Vasque boots. Halfway back down a very rocky and steep section I noticed that something wasn't quite right with my right boot. I looked down and found out that the entire sole was GONE! I inched down, treading softly on what was left of the insole until I got to a section that was more level and less rocky and took the boot off. I walked the rest of the way down the trail and through the parking lot with one boot on and one boot off. Talk about your funny looks. icon_rolleyes.gif

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took the one less traveled by, ...

unclerojelio

quote:
Originally posted by majicman:

I was hiking up the side of a nearby hill scouting out a place for a new cache the other day. I was wearing my favorite old pair of Vasque boots. Halfway back down a very rocky and steep section I noticed that something wasn't quite right with my right boot. I looked down and found out that the entire sole was GONE! I inched down, treading softly on what was left of the insole until I got to a section that was more level and less rocky and took the boot off. I walked the rest of the way down the trail and through the parking lot with one boot on and one boot off. Talk about your funny looks. icon_rolleyes.gif

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took the one less traveled by, ...

unclerojelio

I've had that happen with batteries and coins in my pocket before. Now I don't worry about it because I carry my spare batteries in an old 35mm film cannister. The cover will just barely fit over a couple of AA batteries in one of the black/gray containers. I also have 2 AAA batteries for my PDA in the same container. Not only does it keep the batteries from shorting out, it also will keep them dry and if for some reason they happpen to leak it will contain the gunk.

I'm not lost!

I just don't know where I am.

It's just amazing what you can learn on these forums. Now I know why I only see one shoe laying around on the ground....I learned not to put batteries in my pocket with change and figured out what to do with all those film canisters laying around. Amazing these forums icon_biggrin.gif

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."

It's just amazing what you can learn on these forums. Now I know why I only see one shoe laying around on the ground....I learned not to put batteries in my pocket with change and figured out what to do with all those film canisters laying around. Amazing these forums icon_biggrin.gif

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."

so who needs a hand warmer?? icon_biggrin.gif

Had the same thing happen twice..first time I was in my plane (Beech Baron) and felt that warm feeling icon_frown.gif ..since my left leg was close to the circuit breaker panel my first thot was that I was having an electrical problem..but then I troubleshot it to the 2 batteries in my pocket and my keys..

barondriver1.jpg

so who needs a hand warmer?? icon_biggrin.gif

Had the same thing happen twice..first time I was in my plane (Beech Baron) and felt that warm feeling icon_frown.gif ..since my left leg was close to the circuit breaker panel my first thot was that I was having an electrical problem..but then I troubleshot it to the 2 batteries in my pocket and my keys..

barondriver1.jpg