Birmingham Favorites

sis

The Patton Creek Challenge is a tough multi. And most find the Triple A a winner. If you are limited on time, you might want a life line, or two, for those.

The best cache, loot wise, is the Beans, Broccoli, and Cabbage Cache.

There are several nearby drive-up micro's like the 'Well'. I have found about 24 within walking distance - but you should know that I have discovered that no distance is too far to walk, if you have the time - and I have too much time.

I'm going to recommend you find these:

The BubbaVinci Code -- GCJD3C

Path of the Bear -- GCJCH3

Go Play in Traffic -- GCJ2RD

Near the Heart of it All -- GCJR3N

Red Mountain Cache -- GCGT09

Back on Top Again -- GCJ2J3

Let's Go Bowling -- GCHR40

Botanical Garden Cache -- GCH540

Fried Green Geocache -- GCGYHX

...to name a few! These will give you a few good highlights of the area, even if they're a bit outside the specified ZIP code. If you're looking for a nice, short hike, look at the nearby caches for "Fried Green Geocache."

Now, near that zip code...

I have to agree with the recommendation for "The Preserve" cache, and there are all levels of caches in Oak Mountain State Park. A good, quick multi is the "Swami Fortune Cache." Some you almost drive right up to, others you have to hike quite a distance. Most of the long hikes are reflected in the difficulty level.

Have fun & enjoy your visit!

Edited by joefrog

thanks everybody. the date has not been officially set; but looks like the middle of july. hope to meet some of you at the second annual geo-woodstock later this week. otherwise, see you in the logs or the trails of alabama.