Save The Drama For Your Mama

Could it be possible to have a passion for something so much that it could cause a divorce? LOL My wife is getting sick and tired of hearing me talk, sleep, dream and breath geocaching. So before my wife takes the gps from me, :lol: I am going to take the family to the reservoir and have a corona. Spending time with my family will get me right out of the dog house that I am in. (Even though in the back of my mind I know there is a new cache placed there. :lol: ) So on that note, I better get out of these forums. :lol:

I wonder how many other people get in to trouble with there spouses because of Geocaching?

Upinyachit

Could it be possible to have a passion for something so much that it could cause a divorce? LOL  My wife is getting sick and tired of hearing me talk, sleep, dream and breath geocaching.  So before my wife takes the gps from me,  :lol: I am going to take the family to the reservoir and have a corona.  Spending time with my family will get me right out of the dog house that I am in.  (Even though in the back of my mind I know there is a new cache placed there.  ;) )  So on that note, I better get out of these forums.  :lol:

I wonder how many other people get in to trouble with there spouses because of Geocaching?

Upinyachit

I know of a few!

Pesonally, I am happy to have a wife who doesn't like geocaching one bit, but who is happy for me for the fun I'm having, and who only objects vociferously when I'm trying to drag HER out to join me on a cache hunt - which happens to be what I intend to do in about an hour or so.

To be continued... maybe... :lol:

Edited by Shunra

I know of atleast one person locally who a. lost his job and b. consequently lost his wife. Some folks just have that personality where that latch on to something so desperately they lose perspective. It is a sad thing to see someone hurt themselves in such a way. All things in moderation, including moderation.

Forunately my better half only gets frustrated with me if I do it without her. Matter of fact she found 4 out of 4 today. It appears that I have been dropped to the rank of chauffer and pack mule. :lol:

Could it be possible to have a passion for something so much that it could cause a divorce? LOL  My wife is getting sick and tired of hearing me talk, sleep, dream and breath geocaching.  So before my wife takes the gps from me,  :lol: I am going to take the family to the reservoir and have a corona.  Spending time with my family will get me right out of the dog house that I am in.  (Even though in the back of my mind I know there is a new cache placed there.  :lol: )  So on that note, I better get out of these forums.  :lol:

Upinyachit

I know of a few!

Pesonally, I am happy to have a wife who doesn't like geocaching one bit, but who is happy for me for the fun I'm having, and who only objects vociferously when I'm trying to drag HER out to join me on a cache hunt - which happens to be what I intend to do in about an hour or so.

To be continued... maybe... ;)

Ditto that. Every now and then, she'll join me just to get out to do something, but she usually doesn't like some condition that involves the hunt. The last time the grass was too tall and wet...something about jurassic park oslt...

i am more likely to be unpopular with other geocachers' spouses; when these geocaching widows meet me their little smiles fade right away.

they do not want him to disappear (it's usually a man. not alway, but usually) for days at a time, and when he's home, they expect the conversation to be about ANYTHING other than his latest theory on one of my caches.

So before my wife takes the gps from me

Sound like a good idea! But I have tried that already and it didn't work, he was still in here all the time. As many of you might remember he was in here more often than before. So the real question we need to be asking in here is how to get him out of the forums? I don't think that geocaching is what most of us wives have a problem with, I think it is more how much time all you husbands spend in the forums. I think if we could resolve that issue then there might be many more wives that don't mind geocaching as much.

Sound like a good idea! But I have tried that already and it didn't work, he was still in here all the time. As many of you might remember he was in here more often than before. So the real question we need to be asking in here is how to get him out of the forums? I don't think that geocaching is what most of us wives have a problem with, I think it is more how much time all you husbands spend in the forums. I think if we could resolve that issue then there might be many more wives that don't mind geocaching as much.

First, sign in under his name. Then you curse all the mods, Jeremy, Hydee and most importantly Signal the frog.

That should free him up for a month or two. :lol:

Now back on topic. My wife (Princess of Darkness) probably enjoys caching more than I do. She is always ready to go, but I'm always busy with hiking staffs and the magazine so I don't have the time.

I'm thinking of giving up the hiking staffs, but I love them so much.

El Diablo

My hubby and I have never had problems with caching. If I want to go, I go. If he doesn't feel like it, that's fine.

It's kind of funny though. I like finding and making new caches. My hubby seems more interested in making new caches and finding weird containers for making new ones. But we both have a lot of fun, and that's all that matters! :lol:

Edited by Imajika
It appears that I have been dropped to the rank of chauffer and pack mule.  :lol:

Yep! Me too. In the beginning, she didn't want to go along. "If you insist, I guess I can just sit in the car and read while you wander around in the bushes." Now, I only get to carry the GPSr and report on how close we are. It's not that I can't find 'em. She's just faster at finding them than I am. But we only have one GPSr and, like the TV remote, as long as I can control that I possess some degree of power. At least she allows me to think I do. :lol:

Edited by gallahad

First, sign in under his name. Then you curse all the mods, Jeremy, Hydee and most importantly Signal the frog.

That should free him up for a month or two. :lol:

El Diablo

Ooooo......I like that idea!!!! :lol:

I am new to geocaching and my wife is behind my new hobby 100%. She will even go with me on caching trips (she drives, I navigate).

However, our most recent geocaching experience together has soured her opinion of the sport somewhat. Despite drenching ourselves in bug repellent, we both received tick bites (mine on my back, hers in an area that I shouldn't mention here).

So now, she says she will only go with me on caching trips to city parks only and no more woods!!! :lol:

We both like caching equally, so there is really no problem with the hunt.

I tend to do all the email pertaining to our caches, and paint the ammo cans because I am the artistic one, and buy the trinkets. To my way of thinking, I would rather have a husband who was into geocaching, then into the bars. Just my opinion. :lol:

Me: Wanna go caching tomorrow?

Red: Where?

Me: (Names places several hours away and several hundred miles round trip.)

Red: We will have to get up early. (Hah. She gets up to go to work at 2:30 AM already. Guess what time she wants to get up and go?)

Me: Naw, I changed my mind. Lets go here. (only an hour and 45 miles away. And I get to sleep in until 8:00 AM.)

The next day, after getting up at 5:00 AM anyway -There is something about that sharp elbow to the kidneys that will wake you up every time - we are miles and mile away from where we started for because I just happened to mention a cache that has only been hit once in the last year.

Me: It will be a hike because the snow will more then likely have the road blocked still. And we will be above 7000 feet where it's going to be real cold. It will be about 2 hours one way into it plus a hike.

Red: So? I have my hoody sweatshirt. Where will we be turning at? Oh, look a cute little fawn with it's mamma. Slow down so we can look for more.

Anyway, After I don't know how many miles, way to many hours - I got to bed at MIDNIGHT - we had found one FTF, a couple caches with only one or two finds in the last year or so and 7 caches on the day.

The next time I think I will keep my mouth shut and just tell her I am going to the bar so she will let me cache at my own pace.

logscaler.

we must have the same wife.

does yours knit? :lol:

I think you are on the right track with spending some time with your family to smooth the waters... May I also suggest . . .

I don't know how old your kids are, but if you offer to take them with you on a day of caching, that might score you some BIG points. Buy her some nice bubble bath, a good bottle of wine, a loofah, a candle and a good book. Tell her you want her to have a day all to herself.

Remember to bring home a bunch of flowers and then try not to even talk about geocaching to her. (This may be difficult.)

If that doesn't work, you're doomed. :D

we must have the same wife.

does yours knit? :D

O yes she does!

So we were having dinner at Antonio's, and there is a new cache not far from his house, at a location of great romantic sunsets. So I say to my wife:

- Will you join me?

- No way.

- Then why don't you stay with Antonio while I get this cache and come back?

- I already said no.

- And what if I make this really cute face?

- Nice try.

- Hey Antonio, have I ever told you about geocaching?

The result was: we ended up going all of us together, including my kids and Antonio's kids. My wife stayed in the car, listening to boring country music (which she likes) while completing a few more rows on a sweater for me, while we were having fun our own way.

Antonio's kids seem to be hooked :-)

Saturdays 8 hour drive turned into an 11 hour, 8 cache drive. Mrs Rusty is getting into caching more and more she likes that we stop frequently on trips now. I used to be one of those "Made pretty good time this trip, only stopped once for gas." kind of guys. Now we stop to cache, we stop to picnic, we stop just to look at the view.

ROFLOL!!! We love going as a family and I (the wife) am usually the one who posts to the forums here. We are heading to see the in-laws on the other side of the state and we're planning on caching along the way there, when we get there and on the way back - even going out of our way to get to a couple of caches! Of course, since I love to scrapbook, I put my own spin on geocaching and take lots of pictures! :D

Could it be possible to have a passion for something so much that it could cause a divorce? LOL My wife is getting sick and tired of hearing me talk, sleep, dream and breath geocaching. So before my wife takes the gps from me, :) I am going to take the family to the reservoir and have a corona. Spending time with my family will get me right out of the dog house that I am in. (Even though in the back of my mind I know there is a new cache placed there. :) ) So on that note, I better get out of these forums. B)

Upinyachit

Looking at your stats I will have to say you may have a real problem. With only 114 finds in 2 years there is no possible way you can be caching too much B) .

Team Sand Dollar

(40 a month habit)

My wife and I have an arangement. I take the dog for exercise and she lets me cache. Good thing the dog needs lots of exersise :tired: .