60cs & Power Button Problems?

I have had occasional troubles turning my unit since I got the 60CS but figured it was just me.

Today it would not turn off no matter what I did. I was forced to pull the batteries out and now the dratted thing won't turn on at all. :lol: I can feel the 'click' of the button but nothing happens. I have tried 3 different sets of batteries and no go.

Before you suggest it, yes... the batteries are in the right way.

Yes, I hold the button down. (Hold, release... Hold, hold, release... Hold, hold, hold... release... restrain myself from throwing it across the room.... no release.)

It's worked fine in the past (for the most part) and I'm not doing anything different.

Well, looks like you are going to send it back to Garmin to me.

I had to sent my old Vista to Garmin two times with "ClickStick" problem.

Yes, I hold the button down. (Hold, release... Hold, hold, release... Hold, hold, hold... release... restrain myself from throwing it across the room.... no release.)

It's worked fine in the past (for the most part) and I'm not doing anything different.

Just push the button and release to turn on. You don't have to hold it down. The only time you hold it down, is when you want to turn it off.

I've had this unit since April. It's not like it's a brand new unit and I don't know what I'm doing. :lol:

It's my 2nd gps. I've found over a 100 caches since I got it. Maybe it's worn out? :lol:

Just push the button and release to turn on. You don't have to hold it down. The only time you hold it down, is when you want to turn it off.

Yes... I realize that. Sorry I was being a smart-aleck when I posted the "Hold, release" comment.

Annie - I had the same problem with mine on the Cave Springs tour day. I just quit and I could not turn it on... I ended up removing the batteries, leaving it sit for 5 mins, put in new batteries and has worked ever since. I have gone back and used the same batteries later and no problem...

I tried the same thing as you to start ... hold button for 1 sec, nothing.. 2 seconds nothing etc...

I still have that uneasy feeling that it won't turn on - but all Ok now :D

Well, I just got back from Toronto (RadioWorld) and the unit is definately in need of repair. The tech fellow said that he couldn't even reset it. Didn't have my original box and accessories with me so no trade.

:D Bad news - 4 to 8 weeks (if I'm lucky) for repair! The tech fellow said that he had just complained to Garmin last week about their turn around time. Maybe my Automobile package will be in at the same time (ordered in April). Grrrrr

Luckily I have my Sportrak Map and so I could cache on the way home.

Thanks to everyone who contributed. Guess I got a bad switch or something.