Abbreviations

Always & Forever 5

I know most of the common abbreviations...

TFTC Thanks for the cache

TNLN Took nothing, left nothing

What in the world does SL mean? Does anybody have a list of abbreviations for log entries?

Thanks.

POTMRTUTM:

Posted

on

thread

must

resist

the

urge

to

Markwell

Sn :blink::huh: gans

I know most of the common abbreviations...

TFTC Thanks for the cache

TNLN Took nothing, left nothing

What in the world does SL mean? Does anybody have a list of abbreviations for log entries?

Thanks.

SL = Signed Log Book, T/0 (zero)= Took nothing, L/0 (zero)= left nothing. Most cachers also state condition of cache for the owenr as well =( needs maintenance, in good shape, wet, or some other statement describing the condition). Happy caching SF1 :blink:

Please consult the "Frequently Asked Questions" topic that is pinned at the top of this forum. There, you'll find links to some helpful glossaries of geo-terms. There is also a tutorial there on how to use the search feature. You can either search for the acronym that's stumping you (if there's enough letters in it) or you could do a more general search on "acronym" or "abbreviation."

OK, why do people leave TNLNSL in the logbook? Of course you SL, we see it!

I agree, SL is redundant; I may have used it only once before I realized it was not necessary. Isn't it agains the guidelines if you take something and don't sign the log?

Actually, yes, I have seen a "didn't sign log". OK, so it was me that didn't sign it (of course I am referring to the physical log located in the cache container). It was our first ever FTF (on Geodogger's Adventure in IL) and I mentioned in our on-line log that I was so excited about finding it that while I wrote in the log, I failed to actually sign the log. To date, we are the only finders on this cache and there were no hints available when we went after it. (A little shameless chest-thumping here - helps me feel better about the "easy" 1/1 caches we've had to log as "DNF.")

Rochelle