Help A Colonist

jack99

Hello I am new to geocaching only have 17 so far. I introduced some of my boy scouts to geocaching on our last campout and they enjoyed the search greatly. The idea came up. Lets start our own travel bug as a result of finding one. My troop will have a group at the International Jamboree in Essex later this summer. I would like to send a bug with them for a hand off(?). They will not have the ability to locate a cache while there. If a hand off doesn't work I could mail or post the bug to a helper who is close to Essex so it can start its journey during the Jamboree and as close as possible to the Jamboree.

Our Scout troop is located in Evanston, Illinois which is immediately north of Chicago. Anyone?

Is it the Campdowne camp just outside London 29 July to 7 Aug? If it is my son will be there as well so picking it up should be no problem. If there are no other takers we will start him off on it's journey. The only problem is we will be heading over to the states the following day for a week. We are meeting up on the Saturday (7 Aug) to do a day's caching in London but will be using the public transport so am not sure if we would be able to drop it off as most the London caches are micros. When we return from the states we will be going back up to the north of England and can always drop it in a cache up here.