Is Cito Just For An Event?

We have a new cache in the area that is listed as a CITO. This is the cache:

Buckshore Landing

Is CITO just for an event or is it acceptable to list a cache such as this that is an ongoing CITO? The reason I ask is that won't it stay listed in the 'Events' section of the state web page indefinitely?

I once had a cache:

Clean Up! #2

which is now archived but I am placing a similar cache in another area. I had listed the Clean Up! cache as a regular instead of a CITO. Should my new one be listed as a regular cache or CITO? I'm thinking regular/traditional as I thought CITO was just for events.... but I have been known to be wrong before and will probably be wrong in the future B)

Happy geocaching!

It would be quite confusing to use CITO type for traditional caches: if I was looking for the caches in the area and a CITO cache with placement date several months old would come up in the results, I would just think that the owner forgot to archive an old event and I wouldn't even look at the description.

That is an inappropriate use of CITO. How'd it get by the approver?

Do NOT use this category for a physical cache that is placed in an area that is need of cleanup – just mention the CITO opportunity on your cache page.

Edited by briansnat