Who Cares?

gallahad

Newbie!! Guidelines for setting up a virtual cache include the condition that they not be identifiable through other sources, such as Internet research. I find that the answers to questions for some of the virtual cache entries on the site are easily obtainable through a simple Internet search (if Google.com can't find it, nobody can) and I wonder how these issues are dealt with? icon_confused.gif

And even if they weren't they are grandfatherd, or they had a reason that was approvable that you are not aware of.

In other words when you place a cache build on the experience of your finds but don't think your cache can stand on the exceptions you find rather than it's own merit.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

Depending on where/what your virtual cache is, I've seen/thought of some ways around info that can be obtained through the internet.

1. Have them tell you what is written on the stall door in one of the bathrooms. (Crude and only accessible to a single sex, I know, but could be funny in some circles)

2. Ask for the numbers on one of those green electrical boxes or some other permanent feature that nobody ever looks at.

I get the feeling you want the people to go to this virtual cache and get some useful/interesting information from the experience, but maybe you need to look somewhere else for what they need to find for the cache and hope they take the time to see what you really wanted them to go there for.

Good Luck

Signature? I don't need no stinkin signature!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Perrin:

1. Have them tell you what is written on the stall door in one of the bathrooms. (Crude and only accessible to a single sex, I know, but could be funny in some circles)

Any graffiti is bad to use. It can be added to, painted over, or removed at any time.

3608_2800.gif

"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

This is only partially true ... while womens' lavatories are universally off-limits to men, mens' rooms are apparently not off-limits to women.

while true in substance, i think it was actually decided in the supreme court that where bathroom facilities are not equally accessible (and they took into account that on average a woman takes much longer to use a public bathroom), it is permissible to use a restroom intended for the other sex.

if the men's room is unavailable and the women's room is free, you're legally in good standing. you might prefer to wait your turn at the men's room anyway.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

quote:
Originally posted by Perrin:

...(Crude and only accessible to a single sex, I know, but could be funny in some circles)

This is only partially true ... while womens' lavatories are universally off-limits to men, mens' rooms are apparently not off-limits to women.

ROFLMAO!! I've had to "stand guard" at more than a few stalls in the men’s room while the "moosette" did her business because the women's line was toooo long! This phenomenon seems to happen at the Joe Lewis Arena (concerts and where the Red Wings play) mostly!

The "Joe" is notorious for its long woman's bathroom lines!

icon_eek.gif

Edit = bad spelling error.

While on a road trip with my first wife we stopped at a gas station. I stood outside guarding the only bath room while she did her thing. When she came out she mentioned that there must have been a defect cause she couldn't figure out how to use the water fountain. icon_eek.gif

Alan