Where Is The Co Approver?

graldrich

Please don't take offence,but if you were working for me I would fire you!I submitted a cache Sunday evening,it's now wednesday ,we'll almost thursday and you still have not even looked at it!I can do a better ,quicker job than you easily!!!!This is pathetic!!!I love and support this sport,perhaps you do not!!!

Guy

Please don't take offence,but if you were working for me I would fire you!I submitted a cache Sunday evening,it's now wednesday ,we'll almost thursday and you still have not even looked at it!I can do a better ,quicker job than you easily!!!!This is pathetic!!!I love and support this sport,perhaps you do not!!!

Guy

Hahaha, your comments are very funny.

Um... they *ARE* jokes... right? :lol:

I can do a better ,quicker job than you easily!!!!This is pathetic!!!I love and support this sport,perhaps you do not!!!

Guy

Wow! You do realize, that in just 3 short sentences, you pretty much showed everyone that you couldn't handle the job, right?

I spoke last evening with CO Admin. He is doing very well. He says the nurses are very pretty and the food is better than average!

The purpose of our discussion was to address CO Admin's unreviewed caches. That's because of his dedication to the game.

So, I am here, offering to review your cache live right here in the forums. How is that for service? So that your micro on the pedestrian bridge doesn't need to be delayed for even a few hours more, let me ask you the one question I had.

Look at your cache coordinates on MapQuest and TopoZone, or your favorite mapping software. Then, please also look at them on an aerial photos site like LostOutdoors.com. On all of these websites, do you see how the posted coordinates are about 100 yards east of the pedestrian bridge? This puts you in the median of an expressway. This concerns me a bit. Would you perhaps care to address this concern here in the forums?

Apart from that concern, I had no questions about your cache and I am prepared to list it here on the website upon receipt of your posted favorable response here, along with an apology to CO Admin.

If you prefer not to undertake your cache review here in the public forums, I will certainly understand. I am sure that CO Admin or another volunteer will get to it in its order in the review queue in due course.

Guy

How dare you talk about my CO ADMIN like that. :lol: You know, you get more from sugar then you get from vinegar.

Upinyachit

One thing that you may not realize is that CO Admin, Keystone Approver, GPS Fun and all the other approvers are unpaid volunteers. They have taken on the task of reviewing dozens, if not hundreds, of new caches every day.

Then they must endure a never-ending torrent of bashing and flaming when a cache either gets denied or the approval process takes longer than youd like.

Instead of bad mouthing this wonderful group of volunteers who help make geocaching fun, why dont you just say thank you.

Ill say it. THANK YOU

*edited for typos*

Edited by WH
Look at your cache coordinates on MapQuest and TopoZone, or your favorite mapping software.  Then, please also look at them on an aerial photos site like LostOutdoors.com.  On all of these websites, do you see how the posted coordinates are about 100 yards east of the pedestrian bridge?  This puts you in the median of an expressway.  This concerns me a bit.  Would you perhaps care to address this concern here in the forums?

I don't know anything about the cache KA has so graciously volunteered to review here in the open forum, but an experience I recently had is worth keeping in mind:

A few months ago, I was standing on the exact center point of a pedestrian bridge over a major Interstate. The basemap of my GPS did not show the correct location of the Interstate. So I took a waypoint and went home and plugged the coordinates into two other mapping software packages I use. Again, neither product placed the waypoint anywhere near the Interstate ... one showed the waypoint as 150 meters from the Interstate, the other 700(!!!) meters from the Interstate. So the next time I drove down that interstate, I made a track log. The waypoint was smack on the track log.

Edited by Bassoon Pilot

This sounds like a very fair solution Keystone. Maybe this should be the format. Publicly complain about your cache in the forums then expect your cache to be scrutinized in the forums. CoAdmin I hope you are feeling better. I don't know you very well but nothing I have seen from your helpful posts in the forums and also the high praise from cachers in your area should give anyone the nerve to question your dedication to this game. I second the thank you to the approvers. :lol:

Look at your cache coordinates on MapQuest and TopoZone, or your favorite mapping software.  Then, please also look at them on an aerial photos site like LostOutdoors.com.  On all of these websites, do you see how the posted coordinates are about 100 yards east of the pedestrian bridge?  This puts you in the median of an expressway.  This concerns me a bit.  Would you perhaps care to address this concern here in the forums?

I don't know anything about the cache KA has so graciously volunteered to review here in the open forum, but an experience I recently had is worth keeping in mind:

A few months ago, I was standing on the exact center point of a pedestrian bridge over a major Interstate. The basemap of my GPS did not show the correct location of the Interstate. So I took a waypoint and went home and plugged the coordinates into two other mapping software packages I use. Again, neither product placed the waypoint anywhere near the Interstate ... one showed the waypoint as 150 meters from the Interstate, the other 700(!!!) meters from the Interstate. So the next time I drove down that interstate, I made a track log. The waypoint was smack on the track log.

Yep, BP, that is entirely possible, and it's happened to me, too, although not with a pedestrian bridge. I guess I am looking to hear a reassurance from the cache owner that is similar to what you posted, if that is in fact the case here. We have dialogues like that all the time with cache owners. When we do catch coordinates that are off, it's usually much appreciated. When assurances are given that the coords have been double-checked and are accurate, typically we list the cache and perhaps put it on watchlist.

... an experience I recently had is worth keeping in mind:

Did you try one of the programs with satellite photos? I use USAphotoMaps to help with placements and so far it always been dead on.

There seems to be two different data sets for mapping; one like this site and Magellan uses, and the one like Microsoft uses. Apparently neither are perfect. That's why I use satellite photos, too.

There seems to be two different data sets for mapping; one like this site and Magellan uses, and the one like Microsoft uses.  Apparently neither are perfect.

I think in my case it was because the proposed route of the Interstate was "adjusted" several times because of political pressures, and the final alignment doesn't match any of the proposed routes. I suspect the maps were made using different versions of the proposed route. Still, the Interstate has been open for ten years; one would think the publishers had received corrected data by now.

Sorry ... We now return to the regularly scheduled daytime drama.

Edited by Bassoon Pilot

The fact that the Approvers are volunteers aside, they have careers, families, and other commitments in their lives. The folly of thinking that Geocaching is the ONLY interest in their lives would be ludicrous. It amazes me that they have so much devotion to this sport, that they put in the massive hours they do in order to make us happy campers. You can see by their log times on here the late hours they keep, and the early morning hours they are logged on taking care of business.

I think it would perhaps make one more patient, and be more willing to wait their turn in the process, instead of coming in the forums and starting negative threads, and hoping to speed up thier own wait. It's a game...enjoy it.

Just my opinion

lulu

Edited by woof n lulu

Son, we live in a world that has caches, and those caches have to be approved by men with PCs. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? Keystone has more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for micros, and you curse the approvers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what the approvers know. That micro's non approval, while tragic, probably saved caches. And that Keystone's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves caches. I know deep down in places you dont talk about at parties, you don't want approvers on this website, you need approvers on this website. We use words like honor, code, guideline. We use these words as the backbone of time spent approving something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the geocaching the approvers provide, then question the manner in which they provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a GPSr, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a d*** what you think you are entitled to!

Jeremy,What do I need to do to apply for an approver position for Arizona?I am deditcated to the sport and I know Arizona and the guidelines for cache approval very well!

Guy

I would think the first step would be to show that you are a patient and diplomatic person. Considering the manner in which you started this topic and your apparent lack of understanding that sometimes things happen that can slow down the process, I personally would not consider you to be qualified for the position. I find it unfortunate when people don't stop and think before posting at times. :lol: Besides, is it the end of the world if it takes extra time for your cache to be approved?

And to Co Admin: I hope you are feeling better soon!!!!!

I was hoping that KA was just joking about the Nurses, but I guess not. Hope you feel better soon Co Admin! We have never crossed paths but I see the pony all the time on the forums.

And I won't even comment on the OP, so many others have done a better job, plus I would probably use profanity that would cause KA to spike my warn meter!

edit for an additional comment

Edited by PSUPAUL

i hate you. hate you all because you are stupid slow and lazy. you have not given me what i wanted when i wanted it. you are pathetic, drooling losers who are not as good as me. i am better than you because i am more dedicated to this than you.

i hope this will demonstrate to you how particularly well-suited i am for employment by your organization.

Guy

Did you ever notice that any post starting with "please don't take offense (or offence in this case)" general proceeds to be offensive right away!

OMGWTFBBQ! Why didn't any of you mention the fact that approvers are volunteers!?!

I said...

One thing that you may not realize is that CO Admin, Keystone Approver, GPS Fun and all the other approvers are unpaid volunteers.

W & L said...

The fact that the Approvers are volunteers aside, they have careers, families, and other commitments in their lives.
I said...

:lol: Come on, WH, you're usually more observant than that...taste the liquid dripping out of the bottom of your monitor right now...that's the sarcasm dripping off of my other post.

Just me being a wise.....

DONKEY.JPG

Guy

Your approver probably takes more heat than any other approver and moderator GC.com has or will. Regardless of my disagreemetns with him (and there have been some) he has shown a thick skin, the ability to take heated comments with a grain of salt, and made a good faith effort to follow the rules he also has to live by as well as enforce.

Your post lacks a few of those qualities. A thick skin runs both ways.

Guy

Wow. My last 2 caches were approved 2 days before I placed them. Maybe you don't have CO Admin's PayPal info? I can email it to you if you'd like. :lol:

Guy

Suck it up princess! :lol:

Please don't take offence,but if you were working for me I would fire you!I submitted a cache Sunday evening,it's now wednesday ,we'll almost  thursday and you still have not even looked at it!I can do a better ,quicker job than you easily!!!!This is pathetic!!!I love and support this sport,perhaps you do not!!!

Guy

Suck it up princess! :lol:

:lol:B):lol:

QUOTE (graldrich @ Jun 9 2004, 10:25 PM)

Please don't take offence,but if you were working for me I would fire you!I submitted a cache Sunday evening,it's now wednesday ,we'll almost  thursday and you still have not even looked at it!I can do a better ,quicker job than you easily!!!!This is pathetic!!!I love and support this sport,perhaps you do not!!!

:lol: I have a pretty good idea where you can stick that cache.

Stickit.JPG

Edited by Nappy10
I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but these threads on Mod/Approver flames just crack me up :lol:

On the acronym I came up with:

Oh My God Watch The Fool BBQ (as in roast)

Keep up the good work COAdmin.  Get better soon; we miss the little prancing pony B) .

I was close:

Oh My God, Where's The Freaking BBQ?!

As in, "There's plenty of smoke and flames, so..."

Guy

I really hope you were joking!

1. CO Admin is one of the nicest cachers I know and one of the best approvers.

2. Not to get too personal but Co Admin has some health problems and it is not unusual for him to be in a hospital and away from a PC with an internet connection.

3. Approvers are VOLUNTEERS and sometimes real life stuff happens. I am sorry that you think an approver should be sitting at their PC 24/7 just waiting for your cache to come through the queue.

Edited by Imajika

I wanted to say something here about fleas on the armpits of camels but I'll be nice. COAdmin is a wonderful, wonderful man! You leave him alone!! Apologize!!! Bad cacher! Take it back! B)

And you are an experienced cacher! You should know better. And yes, I checked your profile. You're brave. It's not nice to pick on the purple pony! Fire a volunteer, sheesh!!! He should get twice the pay he gets now!! Five times the pay!!

COAdmin, I hope you are home soon. Be well, our best wishes are with you.

Guy

DUDE!

Lay

off

the

caffeine!

You need to lighten up and have a chill pill.

FWIW, I'm in agreement with all in support of CO Admin. Get well CO Admin, your presence is genuinely missed.

Edited by TotemLake

Why not pay the reviewers?

Let's see... They are working on weekends.. And late nights.. That means extra cost.. And of course must they be able to visit all locations to see how the cache is hidden. It means flying all over the world, staying at expensive hotels, rental cars (or chauffered cars). Nice dinners at expensive restaurants. Don't forget that they must get extra paid because of the hazard of visiting the 5/5-caches, it might involve a risk visiting them :lol:

What more? Of course must they have a SUV... Perhaps a Hummer H2 each or even better: A yellow Jeep each? B)

Cellphones to everybody, a laptop and a fancy office to work at. A secretary to cheat the wife with. What more?

Of course must they have a really nice espresso coffee maker at the office.. And those are not cheap.

Health insurance, they might get sick visiting some of the strange cache locations around the world....

And of course some kind of "bonus" (can't remember the english word for it, if your company make profit - you earn more money).

Of course can Groundspeak afford this, first they must get all the users to pay a couple of thousand dollars each year for using the website, but I assume that you all are willing to do this? B)B)

(If you want help - ask kindly.. It doesn't help to yell.. You will only run out of energy and air... "Don't worry, be happy"... Sit down, laugh at the problem.. Think "This is not a problem - imagine if MicroSoft made GC.com - then we should had big problems every day!" and laugh more.. Take something to drink, go out hunt a cache or two, wash your car, wash you neighbours car, play with a cat, go out to a public street and stand for twenty minutes looking straight up and then walk away and laugh at all the people standing there looking up also... But most of all, don't worry - be happy.)

Since I saw this thread when I woke up today, I have checked back numerous times. No response from the original poster.

And after my first post to this topic, I got busy. Working with one other volunteer, we cleaned out the entire backlog of caches in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada and New Mexico, except for a few where CO Admin had had prior correspondence, and for a few where the original poster is involved.

I did this because I love this sport. I also love seeing new geocaches. I also love helping out a good friend like CO Admin, as I know he would do the same for me.

But still no answer from the original poster. If you really, really wanted to be a cache reviewer, the first test is: check the website SEVERAL times per day. Before work, during your lunch hour, during your breaks, after work, in the evening, and once before bedtime.

I'll check back again in awhile.