Tb's That Stay With You

DaKender

Just wondering....... have seen some of these TB's that never leave the owner's hands. They put them in every cache they find and then take it right back out. I agree, it's a great way to see just how many miles you have gone during your normal caching. Just wondering opinions on this. :lol: Don't see anything wrong with it myself, but then again not sure if it's against any rules for the TB's. Heck we bought them, guess we are free to do with them and send them on any mission we see fit.......................

Just wondering....... have seen some of these TB's that never leave the owner's hands.  They put them in every cache they find and then take it right back out.  I agree, it's a great way to see just how many miles you have gone during your normal caching.  Just wondering opinions on this.  :lol:  Don't see anything wrong with it myself, but then again not sure if it's against any rules for the TB's.  Heck we bought them, guess we are free to do with them and send them on any mission we see fit.......................

Exactly. Some folks like to send them around randomly, some like to give them goals. Heck, some people even use them as postage.

They're your T-Bugs. You bought the tags, you bought the number to use as you see fit. Have fun with it.

Just wondering....... have seen some of these TB's that never leave the owner's hands.  They put them in every cache they find and then take it right back out.  I agree, it's a great way to see just how many miles you have gone during your normal caching.  Just wondering opinions on this.  :lol:  Don't see anything wrong with it myself, but then again not sure if it's against any rules for the TB's.  Heck we bought them, guess we are free to do with them and send them on any mission we see fit.......................

There called personal TB's. This one is mine.

Great, thanks for the input :lol:

One more question, It doesn't look like I can pick up a bug I put in a cache that is owned by me, haven't done it yet, but looked at the options for one of my other ones I droped yesterday, and Log it isn't one of the options. How you do that? Make a new account to do all the logging?

Edited by DaKender
...One more question, It doesn't look like I can pick up a bug I put in a cache that is owned by me...

The short answer is yes, you can. I've done it with my personal travel bug many times.

Were you logged in when you tried it?

• Click on your travel bug's name on the cache page where you placed it.
  • On the travel bug's page, click the "Add a log entry" link in the upper right corner.
  • In the "type of log" drop down menu, select "Retrieved from (your cache's name)"
  • Change the date if necessary
  • Enter your travel bug's tracking number and any comments you want.
  • Click the "Submit log entry" button at the bottom right corner of the page.

That should do it.