Mobile Phone

papade

I know this has been addressed before, but I can't find the web-addresses to find cache locations via my cell phone. Sorry for bringing it up again. Any help would be appreciated.

And how about adding them to the LINKS page?

papade

I'd been looking for a page like that. Thanks for the link. The only problem I have is that it automatically decrypts the clue :lol: that's not good if all I want to do is check the cache description.

I know, I'm being picky, but is there a way to get the site to not decrypt clues?

Hmmm, not quite the topic, but in the spirit of the topic header.

I'm considering replacing my outdated cell phone soon. Any suggestions on the attributes that a good "caching phone" should have?

If all I do is use it as a regular phone and for caching, do I really need a $500 Treo with Palm OS 5.1 --e.g. can you run mapping software on a phone like that which will show cache locations?

I guess what I'm asking is what sorts of phones do you use to cache and what bells and whistles do you really find useful?

-or-

Markwell, anyone?

I'm considering replacing my outdated cell phone soon. Any suggestions on the attributes that a good "caching phone" should have?

If all I do is use it as a regular phone and for caching, do I really need a $500 Treo with Palm OS 5.1 --e.g. can you run mapping software on a phone like that which will show cache locations?

I guess what I'm asking is what sorts of phones do you use to cache and what bells and whistles do you really find useful?

-or-

Markwell, anyone?

I loooooove my cellphone! I highly recommend it! :huh:

QUOTE (BuckyDef @ Jun 11 2004, 09:23 PM)

-or-

Markwell, anyone? 

I loooooove my cellphone! I highly recommend it! 

I see all the "perks" BUT does it make phone calls? It was the reason I left every cell phone company. I could never get a signal. It has been now 2 yrs since I had a phone. Are they getting better at actually keeping a signal? My Magellan was able to lock a signal in faster and longer than my sprint phone.

I found out after reading this thread that my cheap Nokia that is given out free by T-Mobile works great for this and you dont have to pay anything for this usage! You dont have to subscribe to their T-zones or anything. No fees, no time limits and you get to see real time cache info like the latest logs, etc. I use a Palm for my paperless caching but I can see where the phone could come in real handy if you find yourself in a place that you aren't prepared for and just want to pick up a cache or three. All you need to know is the local zip code.

The biggest problem with cell providers is they love to hype up the advertising BEFORE they get the proper equipment in place to handle the volume of new subscribers. This is common practice with wireless carriers and they take advantage of people by making them sign contracts.

Example:

Customer...I want to cancel my service, I can never make/recieve a call!!

Wireless Rep: Ok. Sir...That will be $400 to break your contract ;)