Is This A First ??

:lol::o:P After having archived a cache recently after receiving 'not found' emails and subsequently checking the cache-site, I had an email from another cacher asking me to unarchive as the cache was still there !!

After losing a couple of our other caches, I was pleasantly surprised.

Maybe there's another convert out there now in Wiltshire who realised that ammo-boxes can contain other, more exciting things.

My faith in humanity has been restored somewhat.

Andy

P.S. And yes..... despite being one of the Cuthberts, I was in the right place ! :back:

It's not a first. Caches get moved. Cache owners know where they put the cache and I think it handicaps them when they check up on their own cache as they get tunnel vision that other cachers don't have.

At this point I now make a habit of asking the last finder to double check next time they are in the area just in case they found it somewhere other than I left it.

I went to check on one of my micros a few weeks ago and thought it was missing, but it was just hidden about 2 ft away. But as Renegade Knight said I had tunnel vision, anybody else would have found it no problem. But I was looking in the Exact place I hid it.

Glad its back anyway :back::lol:

Brian

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  After having archived a cache recently after receiving 'not found' emails and subsequently checking the cache-site, I had an email from another cacher asking me to unarchive as the cache was still there !!

Assuming you are talking about the Corsham Court Sheep Reserve, I thought that cache was archived pretty hastily in my opinion. Relatively new cachers post a DNF saying that it's gone, and it was archived that same day... unless there were other messages that were sent privately that I don't know about?

My GPX file was nearly a week old as I had been away from home, so I didn't even know it had been archived until I logged the find. I'd not have looked for it had I seen the archived status. I'm glad it was still there of course, it's a nice place to go, and the cache hide is in a great place in my opinion B)

Edited by Stuey
I thought that cache was archived pretty hastily in my opinion. Relatively new cachers post a DNF saying that it's gone, and it was archived that same day... unless there were other messages that were sent privately that I don't know about?

I popped in on the way home and found the cache missing. In retrospect, a 'temporary disablement' would have been more appropriate just in case a cacher had taken the box for a spring-clean, etc.

Andy