Quotes from my 11 year old while geocaching ...

L.O.S.T. Mutant_KJ

"Dad, I've got to go to the bathroom NOW";

"Dad, how much farther";

"Oooh, that's gross";

"Can we go now?";

"Ooooh, the ground is all slimy and soft";

"We're lost aren't we, I just know it. We are.";

"This isn't the way we came";

"You expect ME to climb over THAT?";

"I have to go to the bathroom again";

"I can't just go here; I'm NOT a boy you know";

"I DON'T want to have to go in the trees again.";

"Didn't we already pass this point - we're lost";

"You DON'T know where we are, do you";

"Are we done yet";

"You don't t know the way out";

etc.

I think she's warming up to this ... icon_wink.gif

Alien with an Attitude

L.O.S.T. Member #14

**Tread Lightly**

quote:
Originally posted by L.O.S.T. Mutant_KJ:

I think she's warming up to this ... icon_wink.gif

When I pull out the caching gear, or the hiking gear, or the shooting gear, or even just start my jeep, it is a toss-up between my 16 year old daughter and my 2 1/2 year old Texas Chihuahua as to which one is more excited. The daughter sure likes being out in the desert. Hope yours gets to like it as much. Keep at it!

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Warrior:

When I pull out the caching gear, or the hiking gear, or the shooting gear, or even just start my jeep, it is a toss-up between my 16 year old daughter and my 2 1/2 year old Texas Chihuahua as to which one is more excited. The daughter sure likes being out in the desert. Hope yours gets to like it as much. Keep at it!

El Paso, Texas.

Thanks. My 15 year old son is my usual companion in the Jeep. My daughter has never gone before. Funny thing about my dog; she went the first few times we took the Jeep offroad but , now, if I so much as open the door of the Jeep, she runs the other way. Oh well.

I sure do miss the desert ...

Alien with an Attitude

L.O.S.T. Member #14

**Tread Lightly**

I usually post this closer to Father's Day.

A Father through the Ages

Age 5: My Daddy is the smartest and strongest Daddy in the world.

Age 15: My dad is so old fashioned he doesn't know anything.

Age 25: My dad knows some things, but he can't help me with this.

Age 35: I have already made up my mind, but I'll mention it to Dad first.

Age 45: Dad, I would like your advice on something.

Age 55: I wish Dad was still here to talk about this.

========================================

Friends don't let Friends geocache drunk.

quote:
Originally posted by Dave54:

Ain't it the truth.......Bob

Where are we going?......And WHY am I in this handbasket???

quote:

Funny thing about my dog; she went the first few times we took the Jeep offroad but , now, if I so much as open the door of the Jeep, she runs the other way. Oh well.

You must have a YJ.. get a TJ icon_wink.gif (Sorry - couldn't resist. I heard someone say it in the Jeep newsgroups). Of course, I wouldn't know as I have a XJ (Cherokee).

Opinions based on experiences with eTrex Vista...

My family and I Just got started in this Sat. Fri for the wife and I.

Since we take the kids and the Dog I cant fit everyone in the truck. So we run the cherokee..... this is a good thing since ebveryone has seatbelts with room for the dog in the back . the a/c is also nice . A month ago the wife took it in and had tires put on it and since it is her ride I cassually asked her to get mud tires( that was gonna happen LOL) she Got Highway AT tires (not for Mud) well after yesterdays little adventure and the calm(quote 1) "I aint goin no further Unless YOU drive" comment we find the cache about 3 miles of mud later. Her Comment was (quote 2)"maybe I should have Got the diggers instead of these tires" on the return trip I was dragged off into the the ruts a time or 2 and the frame came in contact with a couple of small bushes Out popped (quote 3) "How Much was that Lift Kit again" this comment was heard by everyone in the jeep at the time and my son (6) Lets Out "cool another rock crawler" I didnt here a NO!! this time from the Wife....LOL this all rivals the Typical comment we we leave the vehical and here..HOW MANY FEET? 497 Ok HOW MANY NOW? 496 LOL

cache on

Wolfer

If there are no dogs in heaven................I AINT GOIN!!!!!!

"Flag! Flag!" (on finding a US Flag in a cache)

"WAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Well, she was 14 months old then, what do you want?

Now she's 20 months, and she's been going through my box of caching stuff. I can't wait until she's old enough to really understand and like it.

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Mein Vater war ein Wandersmann, und ich hab' auch im Blut

quote:
Originally posted by Dave54:

Thanks. It was my 48th b-day.

Alien with an Attitude

L.O.S.T. Member #14

**Tread Lightly**

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfer:

My family and I Just got started in this Sat. Fri for the wife and I.

Since we take the kids and the Dog I cant fit everyone in the truck. So we run the cherokee..... this is a good thing since ebveryone has seatbelts with room for the dog in the back . the a/c is also nice . A month ago the wife took it in and had tires put on it and since it is her ride I cassually asked her to get mud tires( that was gonna happen LOL) she Got Highway AT tires (not for Mud) well after yesterdays little adventure and the calm(quote 1) "I aint goin no further Unless YOU drive" comment we find the cache about 3 miles of mud later. Her Comment was (quote 2)"maybe I should have Got the diggers instead of these tires" on the return trip I was dragged off into the the ruts a time or 2 and the frame came in contact with a couple of small bushes Out popped (quote 3) "How Much was that Lift Kit again" this comment was heard by everyone in the jeep at the time and my son (6) Lets Out "cool another rock crawler" I didnt here a NO!! this time from the Wife....LOL this all rivals the Typical comment we we leave the vehical and here..HOW MANY FEET? 497 Ok HOW MANY NOW? 496 LOL

cache on

Wolfer

Yeah I know what you mean. I hi-centered on a rock and broke the tranny pan; then my wife said "maybe you should buy that lift kit and mud tires you were talking about". icon_wink.gif

Took my daughter (and son) both geocaching and offroading on Sunday, for my birthday. This time, my daughter brought her friend along. After we found the cache, they couldn't wait to have to use the "bathroom" in the woods. Then, when we went offroading and ended up on a freshly cut construction road, driving over freshly cut trees and slipping and sliding in mud (did some mud plowing with the skid plates) she couldn't wait to go offroading again. So, there's hope. icon_smile.gif

Now, if I can just get the dog back in the Jeep ...

Alien with an Attitude

L.O.S.T. Member #14

**Tread Lightly**

Don't misunderstand my last post; I don't usually drive like that. This was a construction road cut that hadn't been there the day before. They must have gone in with a big machine and cut the trees and the road in one afternoon (I think they're surveying a new construction site; it's just above our neighborhood on a hillside). The trees were laying all over across the trail. I do belive in "Tread Lightly"; really.

Alien with an Attitude

L.O.S.T. Member #14

**Tread Lightly**

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfer:

Amen to that man.... I think that is the best quote I have seen on here yet!

I expect I will have more dogs waiting to greet me at the pearly gates than I will friends. Old Max, and Reba, and my buddy "The Bone" Valcor, and many more. Look at my Avatar. That is a 165 pound Texas Chihuahua. To see him better go to my profile and click the photo for the big version.

Yep, I too don't want to go where there are no dogs allowed. I like my dogs better than I do most people.

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

quote:
Originally posted by L.O.S.T. Mutant_KJ:

Don't misunderstand my last post; I don't usually drive like that... ...I do belive in "Tread Lightly"; really.

Alien with an Attitude

L.O.S.T. Member #14

**Tread Lightly**

**chuckle**

no worries. we've all seen a skid road icon_wink.gif

yes, i'm new. i have a yj, and a 2 year old, and i'm not afraid to use them.

went out today with 'net research and a couple printed maps, no gps (yet - shopping) and fresh falling snow.

nice walk, but no joy. well. 'cept for being out on a trail in new snow ...

My son was 7 when we started and wasn't to keen on geocaching if it mean't he had to actually go out and walk or hike.

We made it a Pirates adventure where we had to go find the 'treasure' or booty.

He now has two geocaches of his own that me made and hid.

Now at 9, it our father-son ritual

I think we've heard every one of those comments. The wife and I nodded in approval with every kid comment we read.

Our five-year-old recently asked if we could go camping and hiking "but with NO geocaching!" (I think in response to the much recent caching we've been doing.) Our two-year-old replied "NO! We go caching!"

Either way, everything is OK when we find the cache. They both love to look at everything and trade something in the caches we find. We have heard on more than one occasion, "Awwwww... Not ANOTHER micro cache..."

Neither of the kids likes benchmarking: "There's nothing fun in them!" I'm on my own for that.

Keep on Caching!

- Kewaneh

Geeze, you guys (and gals) all sound like us! We have a couple of Bronco's (One now dead and one that scares everyone close to it) and my wife and kids love to go mudding... One time after a sudden summer downfall (heavy rain) we found a parking lot under a good 2 feet of water (storm drain area) and took it upon ourselves to remove all the flooding, 4 tires at a time. Well, we had to have the wipers going at top speed so we could see and when we were done doing hydro-donuts, all the water was gone. You guys should have seen the walls of water!!! Well, the belts got soaked so we stopped for a minute to dry them out and noticed that the entire contents of a building across the street had emptied to watch us play. Everyone was laughing and pointing. Ever since that day my kids have had an itch to go anywhere the trucks can go, and even a few places the trucks can't go (I hate getting pulled out by non Fords icon_wink.gif

My kids also love Orienteering (my wife hasn't gone yet) so Geocaching should be the next big hit. We find that plenty of munchies and drinks in the packs keep them perfectly happy all day in the woods. Flashlights are a major plus for the nights too.

Jon.