Sax Man Visits So Cal

We might be able to throw something together in the I.E. Lots of good pizza places around here. Why don't you send me an email via my profile and we'll if we can't set something up. Too bad you won't be here on the 10th. We're going to have our annual SoCal picnic.

We might be able to throw something together in the I.E. Lots of good pizza places around here. Why don't you send me an email via my profile and we'll if we can't set something up. Too bad you won't be here on the 10th. We're going to have our annual SoCal picnic.

The 10th huh? Joani and I might just have to see if we can fit that into our schedule...

--Marky

Sax Man and family will be in So Cal between July 26 and August 2, 2004. We'd love to meet for pizza or something. We'll be visiting North San Diego County (San Marcos) and the Inland Empire (Fontana and Montclair).

Let's hash out our ideas here and plan an event!

Can't you come out 10 days early and checkout the north state? Our groups next event looks like it'll be on the 16th or 17th of july. I'll even buy you a beer and a slice of pizza :lol: :lol:

Sax Man and family will be in So Cal between July 26 and August 2, 2004. We'd love to meet for pizza or something. We'll be visiting North San Diego County (San Marcos) and the Inland Empire (Fontana and Montclair).

Let's hash out our ideas here and plan an event!

Can't you come out 10 days early and checkout the north state? Our groups next event looks like it'll be on the 16th or 17th of july. I'll even buy you a beer and a slice of pizza :lol: :lol:

Sorry...I was only able to get one week off of work.

We're getting out schedule organized, looks like we'll be in Las Vegas Tuesday night through Friday morning, back in So Cal Friday afternoon. I think Friday night would be ideal for pizza, Saturday is my second choice. We're probably going to Catalina while we're out there, but I'm not sure what day yet. It might be Saturday/Sunday, so let's do pizza on Friday.

Is there a geocacher's group in Las Vegas?

We're getting out schedule organized, looks like we'll be in Las Vegas Tuesday night through Friday morning, back in So Cal Friday afternoon. I think Friday night would be ideal for pizza, Saturday is my second choice. We're probably going to Catalina while we're out there, but I'm not sure what day yet. It might be Saturday/Sunday, so let's do pizza on Friday.

I will be in Laughlin for the night of July 24th...gonna be anywhere in the area, Sax?

nevadageocaching.com

A great group.

Here's our schedule (subject to change):

Sunday,    July 25 Driving from Albuquerque to Phoenix(?)
Monday,    July 26 Driving from Phoenix(?) to San Diego (or Inland Empire)
Tuesday,   July 27 Driving to Las Vegas (afternoon)
Wednesday, July 28 12-4 Mini PLUS! (Christmas light convention)
Thursday,  July 29 TBD
Friday     July 30 Driving to Inland Empire. Pizza night with SoCal Geocachers in Rancho Cucamonga
Saturday   July 31 Going to Catalina Island(?)
Sunday    August 1 Returning from Catalina Island, visiting sister in Redondo Beach
Monday    August 2 TBD
Tuesday   August 3 Driving to Phoenix(?)
Wednesday August 4 Returning to Albuquerque

Edited by Team GPSaxophone

Good thing I said "subject to change", it's not even a day later and we've revised our plans :D

Sunday,    July 25 Driving from Albuquerque to Flagstaff
Monday,    July 26 Driving from Flagstaff to Las Vegas
Tuesday,   July 27 Caching in Las Vegas
Thursday,  July 29 Driving to Hesperia, CA
Friday     July 30 Driving to Inland Empire. Pizza night with SoCal Geocachers in Rancho Cucamonga
Saturday   July 31 Going to Catalina Island
Sunday    August 1 Returning from Catalina Island, visiting sister in Redondo Beach
Monday    August 2 Driving to San Diego (San Marcos)
Tuesday   August 3 Driving to Tucson
What pizza event? I don't see no stinkin' pizza event in Cali on that date....  ;)

It hasn't been posted yet. This thread is for working out the details.

Are you planning on going to SoCal, Jeff?

Well, ya just never know when the OCB and me might show up!

I am thinking about it.... :)

how about pizza port in carlsbad? yummy. yum yum. I am in Escondido. just east of san marcos. :blink:

I will be in town on August 2nd. I might be a wee bit tired, but I will be around. I would love to meet you

That sounds good, my Dad lives off of Barham Dr., so Escondido or San Marcos are both convenient.

Prospective Events:

Inland Empire pizza night Friday, July 30th in Rancho Cucamonga

North County pizza night Monday, August 2nd in Escondido(?)

Well, if I get out there, I will be checking out the Reagan Library, too...they have an exact Oval Office replica and even a nuke missile out there...cool stuff...

Hmmm...what could 360 want with a nuke...? :blink:

Well, you see, it's for this idea I have... :o

You'll see... :D

Hey everyone. I just wanted to let everyone know that there will be a pizza event in Rancho Cucamonga on Friday July 30th at Graziano's on Baseline (more than likely). The date is for sure, but the place isn't. I'll post the event as soon as I return from vacation on July 1, but I wanted to let everyone know it was on.

Later!

Catalina proved to be too expensive during tourist season (3-night minimum was $1200). Also, my sister will be out of town that weekend, so we don't need to go to LA at all.

Sunday,    July 25 Driving from Albuquerque to Flagstaff
Monday,    July 26 Driving from Flagstaff to Las Vegas
Saturday   July 31 Somewhere in the Inland Empire
Sunday    August 1 Camping in San Diego. We may go to Sea World or Seaport Village
Monday    August 2 Driving to North County (San Marcos/Escondido)
Tuesday   August 3 Driving to Tucson
Where's the event cache page for Cucamonga? I won't have Internet access once I leave NM

Hey Saxman: It appears that Rich Fullon has been VERY busy trying to get the Socalgeocachers.com site back up. Been down since June 21st and on Thurs night he seemed to restore but today it's down again.

As for local pizza or other events for you to attend I would like to offer info on my event cache taking place Saturday, July 31st in Diamond Bar. It's called the Moag Ohana Cachefest and Breakfast and it will be 7am-9am at a Denny's off the 57 Freeway about 1 mile south of the 60. Waypoint is GCJYDE. For awhile there weren't ENOUGH events being held but now with the summer there's my bash in July, a beach party in August, and a mtn campout in Sept. Very busy!

Please check out http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...40-e695a540ce01 for more info.

Our cachefest will be an opportunity for cachers to go out group caching that day in the Chino Hills and Diamond Bar areas.

Hope you can make it,

Richard/RFO

We're planning on attending.

Cool deal Sax! We will see you here. By the way are the same Saxman that held a campout and what's that all about? :o

Yep, that's me. I'll tell you about it at breakfast.

We're still planning on having Pizza Night, so I submitted an event (GCK25P). It hasn't been approved yet so here are the details:

Pizza Royal is located off of Baseline and Carnelian. We'll meet there around 6:30 on Friday, July 30th.

We're still planning on having Pizza Night, so I submitted an event (GCK25P). It hasn't been approved yet so here are the details:

Pizza Royal is located off of Baseline and Carnelian. We'll meet there around 6:30 on Friday, July 30th

Wow dude we are overflowing with event caches here. I didn't think you'd go thru with the pizza thing since I already have an event on Saturday the 31st as you know at 7am. I will try and make the pizza thing but I have to be up REALLY EARLY on the 31st for our Cachefest. What to do what to do? I guess 2 events are better than one.

And yeah I can't wait to hear about your campout. :o:D

RFO

Pizza Royal is located off of Baseline and Carnelian. We'll meet there around 6:30 on Friday, July 30th

Wow dude we are overflowing with event caches here. I didn't think you'd go thru with the pizza thing since I already have an event on Saturday the 31st as you know at 7am. I will try and make the pizza thing but I have to be up REALLY EARLY on the 31st for our Cachefest. What to do what to do? I guess 2 events are better than one.

And yeah I can't wait to hear about your campout. :blink::lol:

RFO

I decided to go ahead with Pizza Night anyway, since I already had the date set with a few people (like Cache Viking and Webfoot).

The wife suggested Pizza Royal, since many sports teams have banquets there. It should be plenty big enough for 30 or so cachers.

Updated Itinerary:

Monday,    July 26 Driving from Albuquerque to Las Vegas
Saturday   July 31 Moag Ohana CacheFest and Breakfast, Diamond Bar, CA
Sunday    August 1 Sea World
Monday    August 2 Driving to Las Cruces, NM
Tuesday   August 3 Driving home to Albuquerque, then to Santa Fe to host an event cache