What Is Frustrating You?

I hate not having an off-topic forum here.  There are many topics I think would be worthwhile to discuss, but I'm sure they'd be closed down.

Paula :lol:

...and if they get discussed in Abject Silliness, no one else will see them

Yes, that's it exactly! I'm almost afraid to contribute to the Abject Silliness thread...it moves *too* quickly and randomly for me to wrap my little brain around it!

I hate not having an off-topic forum here.  There are many topics I think would be worthwhile to discuss, but I'm sure they'd be closed down.

Yes, that's it exactly! I'm almost afraid to contribute to the Abject Silliness thread...it moves *too* quickly and randomly for me to wrap my little brain around it!

I haven't posted in AS. I haven't read anything in AS. If there are any real topics in the AS thread we can not see them because they are in the ridiculously long AS thread. How can separate topics be followed if they are generalized and buried in the AS thread. :lol:

1. People who post logs like this:

Found part 1 in 4 minutes. Found part 2 in 2 minutes. Found the final cache in 3 minutes.

I don't even want to analyze why this bugs me. People should be able to log whatever they want, after all, and if they want to keep track of their time stats, I really shouldn't care.

2. People who complain about genuinely pointless things on forums, like I just did.

Edited by CordedTires
I hate it when moderators that aren't familiar with the area (or live anywhere near the area) hassle you about a cache you place that isn't breaking any of the rules! :blink:

I hate it when people don't even read the rules before breaking them, then start forum topics to blame the archival of their cache on the volunteer cache reviewers, and make false or incomplete statements of "fact."

I hate it when people don't even read the rules before breaking them, then start forum topics to blame the archival of their cache on the volunteer cache reviewers, and make false or incomplete statements of "fact."

I totally agree with KA's point, but I really hate it that volunteer cache reviewers or volunteer forum moderators seem to constantly need to point out that they are, in fact, volunteers.

Everybody knows it; most even appreciate it. It quickly becomes "old," and makes one wonder whether they are really saying "we're pretty good, but we would be better if we weren't just volunteers." Or is it the cue for the "Minuteman Sycophants" to jump in, singing the praises of the volunteer while damning the person who "dissed" the volunteer?

Edited by Bassoon Pilot

I hate it when people get picky about my official title. Here at my real job, I am a Vice President. Take away the vice, and you have two problems. First off, the President will be really, really hosed. Second, if you took away vice, my life would be abjectly devoid of meaning and I would turn suicidal.

In my work here for Groundspeak, my official titles are Volunteer Cache Reviewer and Volunteer Forum Moderator. I am not an employee of Groundspeak. Jeremy or Hydee or Elias do not need the word volunteer in their title, but I do, so I use it.

People that open threads just to give people a place to bitch. We have enough of these already.

Pisses me off when I open a thread that was supposed to be funny, and it gets taken over by posts that have everything to do with the title but nothing to do with my intention for it. :blink:

Guess I'll live though... :huh:

I hate it when moderators that aren't familiar with the area (or live anywhere near the area) hassle you about a cache you place that isn't breaking any of the rules!  :blink:

I hate it when I HAVE read the rules, and I make up a cache that FOLLOWS all the rules, and I still get hassled about a cache, making me feel like this is all BS. Approvers should know the area they are approving, otherwise they will not approve something because it may seem like it's not within the rules, when in all actuality, it is.

Edited by LuckyLady

i think it's an entertainign dichotomy that if you whine about people who leave boring log entries or make bad trades or don't rehide the cache, or claim a find they didn't find, i'm with you all the way.

on the other hand, if you want to whine about the guidelines, or how caches are too hard, or that the approvers are too slow, or that first finders race too fast i'm irritated.

you?

Paula :blink:

Paula :huh:

I haven't posted in AS. I haven't read anything in AS. If there are any real topics in the AS thread we can not see them because they are in the ridiculously long AS thread. How can separate topics be followed if they are generalized and buried in the AS thread. :o

All the more reason to have an AS FORUM instead of one thread

I hate it when:  I wake up in the morning.  And Afternoon.  Then have to wake up and go to work on the 3rd shift.  Then realize my pathetic job won't get me a home.  And that I have no life.  Then go home after work and try to sleep with the bright morning sun sneaking through the curtains.  And wake up every half-hour.

Repeat ad nauseum.  So in other words, my life frustrates me.

I hear ya loud and clear.... I too work 3rd shift and I hate it when I am planning on caching, the weather is beautiful when I go to sleep and when I wake up all excited to cache, it's heavy rains and thunderstorms outside. :huh:

I hate the Cubs & Sammy Sosa

I hate micros deep in the woods.

I hate the swarms of mosquitos in the summertime. Give me fall and winter caching any day.

I hate it when a certain local cacher always writes some kind of negative comment about every cache they find. I've hunted their caches and they are nothing special either. So shut the heck up! If you don't like them, stop caching!

WHew! I Feel better now! :blink:

Edited by Sox Fan

Paula :blink:

Paula :o

I haven't posted in AS. I haven't read anything in AS. If there are any real topics in the AS thread we can not see them because they are in the ridiculously long AS thread. How can separate topics be followed if they are generalized and buried in the AS thread. :D

All the more reason to have an AS FORUM instead of one thread

Way to go Sax!!!

That's JUST what I was thinking when I clicked on this thread.

Hey, tough nuts huh?

If we actually GOT an OT forum and your post count didn't advance in there, I bet it wouldn't be too popular.

Posts in the OT forum at Texasgeocaching.com don't count. I think it's a pretty smart idea.

Sn :D:huh: gans

when...

caches go unmaintained.

Me too. It doesn't seem to matter how many logs say, found it but the log is full and so wet we couldn't sign it. Then when you look at the owners log it has been two years since they have been to the cache. They have just relied on the goodness of others to replace the logs and dry out the cache but haven't bothered to check themselves. I agree that they should not be putting out new caches when they can't maintain their old ones.

I'm frustrated that all signs point to the fact that Humpty Dumpty was pushed...yet there have been no investigations into this tradgedy that I'm aware of. :blink:

I'm also frustrated over the fact that Signal has a nail in her head. :huh:

I'm also frustrated over the fact that they won't make me a mod here in the fourms so that I might take out my frustrations. :o

El Diablo

I hate it when moderators that aren't familiar with the area (or live anywhere near the area) hassle you about a cache you place that isn't breaking any of the rules!  :huh:

I hate it when I HAVE read the rules, and I make up a cache that FOLLOWS all the rules, and I still get hassled about a cache, making me feel like this is all BS. Approvers should know the area they are approving, otherwise they will not approve something because it may seem like it's not within the rules, when in all actuality, it is.

I hate it when tadpoles say they've read the rules and start threads dissing their hard-working approvers--and then it's confirmed that they have no regard for the rules, because they've posted DNF's as F. Hmmm... http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ba-8730e5a3579e

Edited by prettynwitty

EASY FIND

I hate that.

I have a cache rated D=1 T=1.5 The .5 is because someone in a wheel chair could not reach that high. So this mountaineer with lots of experience says Easy find. Duh.. I didn't think it would take Indiana Jones to get to it. Just say nice hide or mabye stupid location, but easy find blows.

Thanks for letting me say it. I feel better now.

Like this: I hate it when_________________________

I hate it when geocaching seems to upset SO many people. Ruins their lives, makes them so negative. Feel like a divorce is comin'. The Country Club cachers who want their lawns perfect and everyone obeyin' the rules, and the Couch Potato cachers who leave cheap swag, or no swag, and ruin everybody's day. Who gets custody of Jeremy and gc??

I hate it when I get a papercut on my lip, and then just as it is healing someone makes me laugh and reinjure my papercut...but it could have been worse; those cardboard papercuts really make me want to report it to OSHA.

ouch...lip papercuts and XXamber with lime don't mix. It pains me so...(until the fourth beer :) , and then I don't care anymore)