What Is Frustrating You?

i hate all this twaddle about complaining.

AND i hate it when people use the term "muggle" outside of a harry potter context.

AND i'd like to apologize for my earlier moment of good-natured decency when i suggested we all stop laughing at the people who didn't get the joke and move on...

I hate it when...

parents buy their 10 year old a paintball gun, but don't monitor the paintball gun. And then their 10 year old meets up with a bunch of other ten year olds with paintball guns. And then they end up going to a public park where a group of us are caching, and one of them (with pink paintballs) shoots a paintball in the direction of my 18 month old nephew, missing him by a few feet.

I've never seen my bro-in-law go into protective father mode so quickly. :back:

I think a few of the paintball guys ended up with hersey squirts in their pants. :lol:

I also hate it when I get a banal fortune in my fortune cookie.

Tstar

I hate it when: I wake up in the morning. And Afternoon. Then have to wake up and go to work on the 3rd shift. Then realize my pathetic job won't get me a home. And that I have no life. Then go home after work and try to sleep with the bright morning sun sneaking through the curtains. And wake up every half-hour.

Repeat ad nauseum. So in other words, my life frustrates me.

I'm out of beer.

I've got Guinness, Bass, Shiner Bock, homebrew, and some Budweiser that some dadgum fool left in my fridge. I'd appreciate it if one of you would drop by and drink the Bud. It won't get drank by me.

p.s. I hate Canadians, LSU baseball fans, people who stutter, midgets, red-eyed tree frogs, sloths, Ford pickups, things that go "poof" in the night, movies with John Ritter, Budweiser, the New York Yankees, the New York Mets, chick flicks, processed food products, and Pepsi.

p.p.s. Actually, I think Canadians are alright. Except they have better health insurance than us. Their beer stinks to high heaven, though. Sorry about that, eh, but it's true.

p.p.p.s. Dear Moderator. I apologize for pressing the "report" button and pressing "send". Guinness, Bass, Shiner Bock, and homebrew make for a very interesting evening.

Edited by TresOkies++

I just spent over an hour looking for a microcache, which was archived today because the cache had gone missing.

What RILES ME! RILES ME! Is that, in the logs, there was a string of smiley faces, by people who had logged it as FOUND, and then, in the text, they had mentioned: "cache is missing!!!"

Of course, I had downloaded the coords in a rush, without completely reading their @#$%&* logs--I just took the smiley faces as prima facie evidence that the cache was there!!! Boy, do I $%%*&^%$ hate them!!! :back: That's how these people crank up their stats--by logging finds on missing caches, and then mentioning that they're gone.

I am so mad.

Edited by prettynwitty
After being held up at gunpoint this weekend, I hate criminals.

I realize that Criminal is not a criminal, but I'm curious what causes Criminal to become frustrated?

Oh man, that is just awful. I'm sorry that happened to you. There is not much worse that not feeling safe.

I Hate micros were a real cache can work :back: . I am going to buy a bunch of ammo boxes and start placing them every 1/10 of a mile just to tick of the micro hiders :lol::P:P:P:huh::huh::D:D

:o Heck yeah. I am tired of micros. I think it should be mandatory for micros to be listed as micros, and not as traditional caches (or at least have to say that the cache is a micro in the title, eg; "Stick in the Mud micro" or whatever). Anyone agree?

I hate it when there is a list of the original cache contents. The cache is two years old and has had 52 visitors, but the cache owner still keeps the list of original cache contents up. UPDATE THE CACHE PAGE ALREADY!

I also hate it when I go to print out a cache page and it has lots of unnecessary graphics or large fonts covering just a few sentences, along with a list of cache contents. I have to go the extra step and cut a paste it to Word, then delete all the extranneous stuff just so I can print it out on one page. That bothers me and wastes my time.

I hate it when there is a list of the original cache contents.  The cache is two years old and has had 52 visitors, but the cache owner still keeps the list of original cache contents up.  UPDATE THE CACHE PAGE ALREADY!

I find the list of original contents interesting. Gives a viewpoint to degradation. :back: Granted, the list could be posted as a note to the cache log.

I also hate it when I go to print out a cache page and it has lots of unnecessary graphics or large fonts covering just a few sentences, along with a list of cache contents.  I have to go the extra step and cut a paste it to Word, then delete all the extranneous stuff just so I can print it out on one page.  That bothers me and wastes my time.

I agree on this. The printer-friendly version of the page could really be printer firendly and not display the graphics and resize the large fonts. If there are graphics necessary to solve the cache, one can always print them separately.

...try to sleep with the bright morning sun sneaking through the curtains. And wake up every half-hour.

Aluminum foil is a day sleeper's best friend.

Oh, and duct tape.

(Poke a toothpick-sized hole low in foil and as you're waking up you can watch what is going on outside on the opposite wall.)

p.p.s. Actually, I think Canadians are alright. Except they have better health insurance than us. Their beer stinks to high heaven, though. Sorry about that, eh, but it's true.

p.p.p.s. Dear Moderator. I apologize for pressing the "report" button and pressing "send". Guinness, Bass, Shiner Bock, and homebrew make for a very interesting evening.

:back: Come on.... everyone knows that American beer is like sex in a canoe... ****ing close to water! :lol:

• Caches with 1 star terrain ratings that require bushwacking through 100' of thorns and poison ivy.
  • Listings of the original cache contents.
  • People whose log entries read "Cache number X out of Y today." ... who cares? You're just showing that you're really not there to enjoy the location where the cache was placed; it was merely just another 'notch on your belt' for you.

I Hate micros were a real cache can work

I agree. I protest by squeezing a tiny trade item into the micro.

Why protest with a tiny trade item? You can usually jam a few large moist marshmallows in them! :lol:

It irks me when a cache is hidden in a dangerous or garbage-strewn area. I recently complained about one such cache that looked like it was tossed out a car window, and was called a whiner on the cache page for it!

People that don't log travel bugs!

I placed a TB in a cache I own (but the TB was not mine). Someone took the TB and never logged it out. People kept going to my cache looking for this bug that was not there.

I went to my cache and checked the log book to see who took it. I found their name and read their online logs. They had placed the TB in another cache but never logged it in.

So, being the nice person I am, I logged it out of my cache and into the new one so it's mileage would be correct. I don't really mind doing this but it would be SO MUCH easier if the person who took it logged it themselves! :lol:

To be fair, this particular cacher was very new so I assume they just didn't know what a travel bug was and how to log it. But I have seen many people that do this, and with the amount of finds some of these people have, they should know better! :lol:

Jeeters Posted: Jun 9 2004, 08:17 AM 

Caches with 1 star terrain ratings that require bushwacking through 100' of thorns and poison ivy.

Listings of the original cache contents.

People whose log entries read "Cache number X out of Y today." ... who cares? You're just showing that you're really not there to enjoy the location where the cache was placed; it was merely just another 'notch on your belt' for you.

I totally agree with you on the PI! especially when there are tons of good hiding spots in the area that have no PI. in my user-page I am making a list of caches that I found which are near PI and thorns (as a heads up to other local cachers, if they happen to read it)

As for posting cache number x out of y today. I did something like that a couple weekends ago, though I made it more like a story, from one cache to the other. (I put links in my logs for people to click on the link to read the next cache's story) The cache owners told me they liked my notes, so I think as long as you are descriptive about how fun/frustrating/etc it was to look for their cache, they won't mind you saying X out of Y today. (I even posted all of my DNF's within the "story").

So.. after all of that, I wanted to say the thing that I hate is when a cache is not in an interesting spot but just in the thickest thornbush or PI plant they can find in some random forest area.

[*]People whose log entries read "Cache number X out of Y today." ... who cares? You're just showing that you're really not there to enjoy the location where the cache was placed; it was merely just another 'notch on your belt' for you.

Sometimes, such logs are left on purpose, to say exactly that.

I hate it when a new cache pops up, and the waypoint is 5 miles away from where the description says it is, and where, after I get a DNF because I tried anyway but in vain, I get an e-mail from the cache owner with the proper coordinates, but the cache page itself does not get fixed. Happened to me yesterday here.

I hate it when ... things break around the house. For exmple, both our Jeep and mini-van were in the shop AT THE SAME TIME!!! I know, this pales in comparison to world hunger, war ravaged nations and losing a loved one. But having to fix multi cars and or appliances around our house is very stressful (for some reason). Also, having to fix all this stuff takes away from caching.

I hate it when a new cache pops up, and the waypoint is 5 miles away from where the description says it is, and where, after I get a DNF because I tried anyway but in vain, I get an e-mail from the cache owner with the proper coordinates, but the cache page itself does not get fixed. Happened to me yesterday here.

The cache owner cannot update the coordinates other than to move it a few feet for adjustments. Movement over a set amount requires an approver to change. Hopefull thats what is happening in this instance, the cache owner has emailed the approver and is waiting for them to make the update.

This is done to cut down on those instances where bogus coordinates were used to get around a rule... er.... I mean guideline. and then changed by the cache owner once the cache was approved.