Multiple Cache Owners

Penguincacher

I did a search, and couldn't find anything on this subject, so if it's here, please point me in the right direction.

I would love to see a feature where a cache can be "owned" by multiple users (with a limit of say, 3). Currently, when a cache is co-owned, only the person who submits it, has it show up as an owned cache. The co-owner(s) gets no credit toward this cache, and it shows up as an "unfound". Unless they claim it as a find, (when they actually helped hide it) it doesn't benifit them.

Any plans for something like this? Or maybe as a premium member benefit?

Gallahad is not an owner of that cache. Just lucky enough that InspGadget was willing to include you in the description. If you want to get notifications of cache logs you'll have to put a watch on it. The owner gets notifications automatically.

I think the request is that the ownership of the cache will actually be shared, in that it will show up in your profile as a cache owned by you, as well as by InspGadget.

In the end, it really doesn't matter who the owner is (you can get public credit just like in the cache mentioned). The most important thing is that the cache got placed. We all appreciate that!

Edited by pdxmarathonman
Gallahad is not an owner of that cache. Just lucky enough that InspGadget was willing to include you in the description...

OK, I see what you mean. Wonder if it wouldn't suffice for co-owners to simply register with Groundspeak as a team (similar to the way some geocaching groups set up their accounts) and share an email access on a server offering free email service. Used exclusively for that purpose, there's no infringement on personal privacy and the goal is achieved.

Gallahad is not an owner of that cache.  Just lucky enough that InspGadget was willing to include you in the description...

OK, I see what you mean. Wonder if it wouldn't suffice for co-owners to simply register with Groundspeak as a team (similar to the way some geocaching groups set up their accounts) and share an email access on a server offering free email service. Used exclusively for that purpose, there's no infringement on personal privacy and the goal is achieved.

Well, no, that doesn't work either, because now your own cache (hidden under the "team" cacher account) shows up on your nearest list (of your normal account) unless you post a bogus find. There are no good work arounds for this situation. I think the idea is a good one.

--Marky