A Day In The Life

You know this has been bugging me for a while, and I figured today was the best of any day to post it...

Okay, so when I replied to a thread, I was amazed at how much different the thread looked through the eyes of the contributing members of the thread.

And so I have a few questions:

1. What do threads look like to bad-boys?

2. What exactly is the process involved in replying to a thread?

3. Are any bad-boys willing to post a screenshot or two of what exactly it looks like and explain the process?

I know this is something really only bad-boys can answer but I figured I wasn't the only person who ever wondered what the almost-banned area of gc.com looked like...

Who are the forum bad boys? We need names dammit! They can't answer if they don't know who they are!

Well, I suppose we can include reformed bad-boys, too. That way we aren't just picking on them, we're encouraging continued good behavior.

Also, we obviously aren't going to hear from the most notorius users like Subigo, Pilty, or Ringbone <_<

130036_5400.gif

I revel in my goodness. Life is about decisions; I have decided not to become an irritant to the friendly folks in Seattle who make all this possible.

130036_5500.gif

You suck. You should shut your dadgum mouth before I smack the Fudge out of you. Stupid Buttmunch.

130036_5400.gif

Oh Goofus, Goofus, Goofus. When will you ever learn? Even Tiny, our toothless helper monkey, has been behaving lately.

wmonkey.gif

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'd start a thread "BrianSnat, the saint of the forums" but I think I'd earn another 10% for that one

I'm certainly no saint. Its just that when I go a little too far, Hydee calls me at home (I hate it when she does that) and asks me to lay off.

Hmmm...I should give her my number.<_<

The most I get is an angry call from CO Admin :)

I'd start a thread "BrianSnat, the saint of the forums" but I think I'd earn another 10% for that one

I'm certainly no saint. Its just that when I go a little too far, Hydee calls me at home (I hate it when she does that) and asks me to lay off.

Hmmm...I should give her my number.:)

The most I get is an angry call from CO Admin <_<

WHAT????? Im not lovable????? :D

I don't think you have much of a chance in equalling Hydee! Sorry, nothing personal.

Post a pic of yourself with long curly hair, we'll judge you fairly. :D:P

Edited by Criminal

Sorry, CO 484788a3-74bb-41dd-a72d-6830eed818f4.jpg

I just think Hydee :Defa69759-adc9-4af3-bd6a-c705581d5d41.jpg:) is more my type :P

Hey, I don't know what you guys are doing, but in almost 8,000 posts, I've yet to get even one warning block darkened. Though perhaps after that clam thread....

You must be privileged. That Clam thread should have been locked down faster than CO_Admin could say "What does this have to do with geocaching?"

What I think really happens though is that so long as there are only a few off topic topics that as long as the G word is mentioned no matter how much of a stretch they will let the topic live and attract all the forum irritants into harmless venting.

Hey, I don't know what you guys are doing, but in almost 8,000 posts, I've yet to get even one warning block darkened.  Though perhaps after that clam thread....

You must be privileged. That Clam thread should have been locked down faster than CO_Admin could say "What does this have to do with geocaching?"

What I think really happens though is that so long as there are only a few off topic topics that as long as the G word is mentioned no matter how much of a stretch they will let the topic live and attract all the forum irritants into harmless venting.

I think I should be insulted!

Edited by Criminal

Forum rules (mine).

If everyone agrees, what's the point of being here?

Never pass up a chance to join the brawl.

Never pass up a chance to start a brawl if there is no brawl to join.

Help newbies when you can. They can always dissagree later and join the brawl.

You can't beat a dead horse often enough. There is always a newbie who needs to see the argument. Besides why miss out on a good brawl?

When all the regulars are kicking someone who is down, step in every now and then and help fight the mob.

Stick up for the cache owner. Even if it means a brawl.

Stick up for creative cache ideas. Even if it means a brawl.

Stick up for newbies. Even if it means a brawl.

Naked monkeys, caves, and MOC caches make for good brawls.

Stick up for the rules being GUIDELINES, even if it mean a brawl.

Geocaching is a game. So are the forums. Welcome to the melee.

Edited by Renegade Knight
Forum rules (mine).

If everyone agrees, what's the point of being here?

Never pass up a chance to join the brawl.

Never pass up a chance to start a brawl if there is no brawl to join.

Help newbies when you can.  They can always dissagree later and join the brawl.

You can't beat a dead horse often enough.  There is always a newbie who needs to see the argument.  Besides why miss out on a good brawl?

When all the regulars are kicking someone who is down, step in every now and then and help fight the mob.

Stick up for the cache owner.  Even if it means a brawl.

Stick up for creative cache ideas.  Even if it means a brawl.

Stick up for newbies.  Even if it means a brawl.

Naked monkeys, caves, and MOC caches make for good brawls.

Stick up for the rules being GUIDELINES, even if it mean a brawl.

Geocaching is a game.  So are the forums.  Welcome to the melee.

And when all else fails redirect the thread back on topic <_<

(this is not a case of redirection)

Edited by CO Admin
In an email from my area geo-group, some one said the forums were the "worst hive of geocaching scum"--I don't know why they said that...Is it true?

Well considering that some of the smartest people I know come here, No

Considering that some of the "bad boys" are really quite clever, No

Considering the some very good ideas have come from these same troublemakers, No.

Besides, any group that can not withstand examination from its peers is doomed to fail. While not everyone agrees with everything it is still the best game going.

So I would say that a statement like that is totally wrong. Besides there are very few people here that I would not welcome into my house. Some of the ones I have disagreed with the most would make great dinner guest. These are basically good people with a passion for something. Id rather have to reign them in at times then try to motivate them to act.

Michael

( yes I know I probably missed the irony in the comment but O well, thats me)

edit:typo

Edited by CO Admin
Hey, I don't know what you guys are doing, but in almost 8,000 posts, I've yet to get even one warning block darkened.  Though perhaps after that clam thread....

I'd start a thread "BrianSnat, the saint of the forums" but I think I'd earn another 10% for that one :)

<_< Nah... just a lightening bolt! :D

...Whats to understand. Its a purple pony.

156867_1500.jpg

With tatoo's. Slap a fat stogie in that pony's mouth and it would still look cute. I don't get it either. But then another mod had bubbles and she'd still look cute with tatoo's and a stogie.

It must be a conspiracy. Ever notice it's only the mods with CUTE avitars that dispense forum warnings? Definitly a conspiracy.

CO Admin Posted on Jun 8 2004, 11:10 AM

QUOTE (Earthdog Patrick @ Jun 8 2004, 10:58 AM)

In an email from my area geo-group, some one said the forums were the "worst hive of geocaching scum"--I don't know why they said that...Is it true? 

Well considering that some of the smartest people I know come here, No

Considering that some of the "bad boys" are really quite clever, No

Considering the some very good ideas have come from these same troublemakers, No.

Besides, any group that can not withstand examination from its peers is doomed to fail. While not everyone agrees with everything it is still the best game going.

So I would say that a statement like that is totally wrong. Besides there are very few people here that I would not welcome into my house. Some of the ones I have disagreed with the most would make great dinner guest. These are basically good people with a passion for something. Id rather have to reign them in at times then try to motivate them to act.

Michael

I do have a passion for this game that goes far and beyond the average Joe. As far as me being a Bad Boy? It was only in the FORUMS.

My family and I always obey all guidelines as to trading fair and placing caches.

I just got caught up in the mix as to how I became a geocacher. I don't want to go into details but most members know I knew all about the other site before this one. Anyway, because of that situation I have personally been involved in a lot of chaos regarding the guidelines and rules for this site. I know I heard a lot of slack for placing Upinyachit's Vacation Cache. I also had some chaos about the 500 feet rule. I know there is still some controversy about my hidden caches in N.Y. that I archived in a disgruntled moment. I have always caused chaos in the forums. From posting big dorito girls, and losing my temper with CO Admin., I can admit to being a bad boy, but I can honestly say I that I am an asset to GEOCACHING.COM. And If Co admin did ever offer me dinner at his house, like I just offered him lunch at the Do Drop Inn, I would take him up on it. I have nothing to hide and feel in my heart and soul that I am great for the sport.

UPINYACHIT

Team GPSaxophone Posted on Jun 8 2004, 03:40 PM

QUOTE (upinyachit @ Jun 8 2004, 05:31 PM)

From posting big dorito girls... 

Um...can you repost that Doritos Girl pic? I think I missed it the first time around 

Did you ever see prickly pete? That was the best......LOLOLOLOLOL

UPINYACHIT