Toot My Own Horn

WVDan

Folks need to recognize that 200 caches means a whole different thing in West Virginia vs. elsewhere.* With a lower cache density and challenging terrain, driving and hiking to 200 caches when you're based in West Virginia is a major accomplishment. Congratulations and keep up the good work!

*In much the same sense that "cousins" means something very different in other states.

I saw this topic yesterday, but I figured it couldn't be someone from WV--MikeDX didn't start the topic!

Oh... it's his biggest competition. Now I understand! :back:

Congratulations, WVDan!

I definately agree with Leprechaun... caching here is very different than many areas. For those that don't know what kind of numbers he's talking about, there are now 384 caches within 100 miles of my home coordinates (including those I own and found.) To me this looks like a pretty big number since it's been growing 'quickly' this year. I cheat--most of my finds are from out of state. WVDan has the goal of finding the most WV caches (or is that ALL WV caches?)

So... 300 by next Thursday?

Edited by Man In The Wild
... WVDan has the goal of finding the most WV caches (or is that ALL WV caches?)...

Both are my goal Man in the Wild.

First goal is to get most West Virginia Finds.

Next goal is to find all West Virginia caches.

I may save South Peak summit till last, since that may be the one that kills me.

Supose they'd let me charter a hellicopter to put me down up there? :back:

Dan,

Congrats on #200! Took me much longer. I see you had a fun trip in the eastern panhandle. I wish I posted this myself, but have been ill. I got some mail from you today, but haven't been home to open it.

I don't think anyone can seriously say that they are going to get all the caches in WV with the way they pop up. Boom, there's one in Wheeling. Boom, Martinsburg. Boom, Beckley. An accomplishment for me would be to get all the ones that were active in WV when you started.

Glad I could help on Find the 60.

Congrats!

Mike

WVDan, MikeDX,

Maybe we should all tackle the Summit together - that way, we each have someone to talk to on the trip down when we fall !! :lol::lol::lol:

Puter

Be it alone or with two other friends, I still don't like the idea of death in that manor. However, I do refuse to do South Peak Summit alone. Even if I have to pay out the $130 plus to get a guide to go with me and make sure I'm on the right path. Plus, if I go, I'm taking TMP's route. My knees went week on the viewing platform at Seneca rocks, there's no Way I'm going to hang from a rope on the side of that rock.

I'll have to read TMP's log again. I know that's the way I'd want to go. Did he need any special equipment with that route?

I like MikeDX's idea of getting all the WV caches that were around when I started... Let's see... there were nine when I started. I still need to find two of those (the two oldest.) Oh, did he mean when WVDan started? Oh, that's different then.

WVDan--think that helicopter could carry us both there?

I'll have to read TMP's log again. I know that's the way I'd want to go. Did he need any special equipment with that route?

I like MikeDX's idea of getting all the WV caches that were around when I started... Let's see... there were nine when I started. I still need to find two of those (the two oldest.) Oh, did he mean when WVDan started? Oh, that's different then.

WVDan--think that helicopter could carry us both there?

TMP didn't have to have any special equipment.

Also, if they can get a hellicopter to carry a tank, I'm sure it will hold the both of us. We may tick off some climbers with the down draft from the rotors though. We'd have to grab, sign, and evacuate quickly.

Know anyone with a hellicopter?

TMP didn't have to have any special equipment.

Also, if they can get a hellicopter to carry a tank, I'm sure it will hold the both of us. We may tick off some climbers with the down draft from the rotors though. We'd have to grab, sign, and evacuate quickly.

Know anyone with a hellicopter?

Ok. I wanna go TMPs route. Anything requiring special equipment for me would also require an ambulance nearby...

No... I don't know anyone with a hellicopter, but one sure sounded like it was going to land on the front lawn at my work today!