How Do You Prononuce Ammo Box?

I've always pronounced ammo box as ah-moo books, but at a recent event people were ridiculing my pronunciation. Most said it should be am-oh bocks and a handful said it should be ahm-o bocks.

So now I'm totally confused. What is the correct pronunciation. I don't want to be made a laughingstock of at the next event.

I've always pronounced ammo box as ah-moo books, but at a recent event people were ridiculing my pronunciation. Most said it should be am-oh bocks and a handful said it should be ahm-o bocks.

So now I'm totally confused. What is the correct pronunciation. I don't want to be made a laughingstock of at the next event.

You know at first I thought this was a dumb topic.

But then I started saying ahmoo books. And I realized, that's probably how someone with a european or australian accent would say it...

Brian, are you british?

You say poe tah toe

I say poe tay to

you say toe mah toe

I say toe may toe

You say Am moo

and that's just wrong!

It's Am-moe

like in the movies "Sorry guys we're outta ammo"

"We need more ammo"

They always say am - oh

you could just say ammunition.

<Sgt. York>

I aim ta get me that whole beef critter.

</Sgt. York>

so as long as this thread has no discerable purpose, i'll just tell you this: today a kid came in with an inappropriate thing written on her arm. i suggested she cover it or wash it off. i then mentioned what her mother might think about it. the kid laughs and says:

"my mother wouldn't just have a cow; she'd have the whole herd."

then she politely excused herself and went to wash it off. i love that kid. going to turn out just fine, i think.

and returning deftly to the topic: maybe we should think of an alternate name for them and offer prizes in the competition.

<Sgt. York>

I aim ta get me that whole beef critter.

</Sgt. York>

so as long as this thread has no discerable purpose, i'll just tell you this: today a kid came in with an inappropriate thing written on her arm. i suggested she cover it or wash it off. i then mentioned what her mother might think about it. the kid laughs and says:

"my mother wouldn't just have a cow; she'd have the whole herd."

then she politely excused herself and went to wash it off. i love that kid. going to turn out just fine, i think.

and returning deftly to the topic: maybe we should think of an alternate name for them and offer prizes in the competition.

<Sgt. York>

You be a thinkin'.

</Sgt. York>

Let's ask the Valley Girl, shall we? Or maybe the Scottish Male?

Ever since installing an Auto Dialer ( I know, I'm evil, but we only dial numbers of people who owe our clients) I've defaulted to our Text to Speech Software for pronunciation. Aparently Valley Girls like AM-oh Bocks-sesses.

Rhetorical Software

Kewl! The scottish chick has a real potty mouth. <_<

Sn :):D gans