Cache Promotion

Find the right address and postcode for this coördinate (number of the house is '14a') and send a greetings carden stuur een wenskaart for the attention of "Stoffer & Blik". I will make sure that this card gets in the box, unopened of course.

This cache is available till about august 15th

Sounds like its part locationless cache to me and and also a temporary cache and will probably be archived or changed now that you brought it up.

Edited by Mopar
I dont see why this would be disabled. As it is still a standard cache that allows trading of items by cachers.

Because a cache's type is supposed to be what type of cache it is. If its more than one the approvers may want it broken apart into more than one cache (and if one of those parts is a locationless, it isn't going to get listed anyways).

I dont see why this would be disabled. As it is still a standard cache that allows trading of items by cachers.

Because a cache's type is supposed to be what type of cache it is. If its more than one the approvers may want it broken apart into more than one cache (and if one of those parts is a locationless, it isn't going to get listed anyways).

The approver in NL can see the fun of the cache. Therefore it is approved as it is.

The cache, a regular ammo-box is in my frontgarden. You may exchange goodies and write the logbook. Since time is short before their wedding, I decided that a different log method should be possible. I know that this changes the cache to a different type, so what. It is the fun of geocaching and this one is specifically for them who get married. The cache disappears after 20 august since I am not keen on having people in my garden throughout the years.

If you stick too close to the rules on caches, geocaching in NL gets almost impossible. And a hobby is a hobby because of the fun; as soon as the fun is over, the hobby is over.

The approver in NL can see the fun of the cache. Therefore it is approved as it is.

The cache, a regular ammo-box is in my frontgarden. You may exchange goodies and write the logbook. Since time is short before their wedding, I decided that a different log method should be possible. I know that this changes the cache to a different type, so what. It is the fun of geocaching and this one is specifically for them who get married. The cache disappears after 20 august since I am not keen on having people in my garden throughout the years.

If you stick too close to the rules on caches, geocaching in NL gets almost impossible. And a hobby is a hobby because of the fun; as soon as the fun is over, the hobby is over.

The cache in your front yard is a different cache than the locationless being logged from anywhere in the world. The 'big deal' is that two caches are merged instead of the one, and were the locationless submited by itself it won't approved. And the one on your front line might have been a 'temporary' if you intended to only have it availabe four months.

Those are the general rules, sometimes they don't make much sense, but thats what they are. Sticking to the rules/ and selling the fun aside, someone asked why may have been disable, so I pointed out possiable snags.

The cache in your front yard is a different cache than the locationless being logged from anywhere in the world. The 'big deal' is that two caches are merged instead of the one, and were the locationless submited by itself it won't approved. And the one on your front line might have been a 'temporary' if you intended to only have it availabe four months.

Those are the general rules, sometimes they don't make much sense, but thats what they are. Sticking to the rules/ and selling the fun aside, someone asked why may have been disable, so I pointed out possiable snags.

Won't debate the "multiple cache types" point, but he's cool on the "temporary" cache issue, if it's available for 4 months. From the guidelines:

Cache Permanence

When you report a cache on the Geocaching.com web site, geocachers should (and will) expect the cache to be there for a realistic and extended period of time. Therefore, caches that have the goal to move (“traveling caches”), or temporary caches (caches hidden for less than 3 months or for events) may not be approved. If you wish to hide caches for an event, bring printouts to the event and hand them out there.

Won't debate the "multiple cache types" point, but he's cool on the "temporary" cache issue, if it's available for 4 months. From the guidelines:

Cache Permanence

When you report a cache on the Geocaching.com web site, geocachers should (and will) expect the cache to be there for a realistic and extended period of time. Therefore, caches that have the goal to move (“traveling caches”), or temporary caches (caches hidden for less than 3 months or for events) may not be approved. If you wish to hide caches for an event, bring printouts to the event and hand them out there.

But we don't follow the rules the rules that closely in the neatherlands so maybe it could still be too short :P

Anyways, I really don't care about this, and will not post to this thread anymore :anitongue: .