Negative-silliness

You want something abjectly silly...this thread actually annoys some people....amazing  :bad:  ;)  :lol:

Every so often, while reading some of the other threads, I think that the forum needs a Negative-Silliness thread. Someplace for all the complainers and whiners to vent. :lol:

I couldn't agree more. Rather than dig up the old "Complaint Thread", we should start a new one.

Have a problem with abjectly silly people? Tell us your story!

Don't like Virts, micros, locationless, traditionals? Share your misery!

Please remember to follow the forum guidelines: Respect: Respect the guidelines for forum usage, and site usage. Respect Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, yourself, fellow community members, and guests on these boards. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.

[imgAGE REMOVED FROM POST, BUT NOT FROM PSYCHE  :bad:]

"Oh . . . you  'Abject Thillineth' guy'th make me tho, . . . tho, . . . tho, . . . Vewy ANGWY!!!!!"

(there . . . I've got it off my chest, now) ;)

Rick

Flashbacks to one of Briansnat's old avatars...<shudder>

Edited by Stunod

uh, i hate blue text. don't like smurfs, either, but up until now i've kept my mouth shut.

by the way, i hate carebears, too. know what i want to see? the careless bears. yeah, the careless bears. i'd pay money to see that. "the careless bears take a test drive." the careless bears visit the machine shop." "the careless bears' babysittying adventures."

maybe they could babysit for the smurfs and we'd solve two problems at once. and i have nothing personal against you (so far you seem to me like a decent upstanding kind of guy who has a lot of opinions i respect) but i'm not wild about the saxophone, either.

i am much more interested in the bassoon for reasons that mystify me. am i derailing this topic? is such a thing possible? what numbers are still available in the lockdown pool?

uh, i hate blue text. don't like smurfs, either, but up until now i've kept my mouth shut.

by the way, i hate carebears, too. know what i want to see? the careless bears. yeah, the careless bears. i'd pay money to see that. "the careless bears take a test drive." the careless bears visit the machine shop." "the careless bears' babysittying adventures."

maybe they could babysit for the smurfs and we'd solve two problems at once. and i have nothing personal against you (so far you seem to me like a decent upstanding kind of guy who has a lot of opinions i respect) but i'm not wild about the saxophone, either.

i am much more interested in the bassoon for reasons that mystify me. am i derailing this topic? is such a thing possible? what numbers are still available in the lockdown pool?

As much as I hate to hear it, in this thread I will respect your right to your own opinions.

In the other threads, when I want to hear your opinion, I'll tell it to you :bad:

remember, everyone is entitled to my opinion. is 2000 eastern time still available in the pool?

Do you want this thread to be locked down?

I think it's a far better outlet for people who want to complain than to subject them to reading 550+ pages of Abject Silliness first.

You do know you must read the entire Abject Silliness thread before posting there, don't you?

i don't care if it does get locked down, but neither am i hoping for it. i can derail one thread just as easily as i can another.

i have trouble following the AS thread. after i read about fifteen pages of it, i decided it was a fruitless exercise, especially since many of the entries seem to consist of "hi, i was napping; what happened while i was away?"

it only seems to me likely that sooner rather than later some mod will come in and state that we should take this back to AS, which takes a small geological era to load.

i'm all for silliness. maybe that's news to you, but i rather think it isn't. can i move my time to 2030?

i don't care if it does get locked down, but neither am i hoping for it. i can derail one thread just as easily as i can another.

i have trouble following the AS thread. after i read about fifteen pages of it, i decided it was a fruitless exercise, especially since many of the entries seem to consist of "hi, i was napping; what happened while i was away?"

it only seems to me likely that sooner rather than later some mod will come in and state that we should take this back to AS, which takes a small geological era to load.

i'm all for silliness. maybe that's news to you, but i rather think it isn't. can i move my time to 2030?

I think a lot of people are intimidated by Abject Silliness. It has become quite the monster "in crowd" type thread. Sometimes I even feel like I don't belong in there.

Personally, as long as the posters maintain some respect for each other, I don't think off-topic is so bad. However, I don't want to see half of the topics here be about non-geocaching things. Maybe a ertain number could be allowed.

SixDogTeam Posted on Jun 6 2004, 03:22 PM

So if Duane shows up, we can't flame him?

that's getting old to flame on Duane ;)

Upinyachit

Duane! You snuck in while I was typing!

You've got a good point there. If everyone would stop picking on you, you would be able to show how much you want to change. Besides, how could I flame a Bronco fan! :bad:

um....thanks for sharing

Funny how your avatar can't keep it's eyes off her . . . uh, him? . . . err, her??? :lol:

(no offense intended) ;)

Rick

What is even worse about this is:

There is a link to that guys web site on Fark and Something Awful. If you go to his page, you can see pictures of him and his wife (who he met through his web site). His wife is an actual female too. Now there are two people in fairy costumes running around. :bad: