Glue!

Mine came away on the Yellow Etrax and it was not waterproof any more. I sent it back to Garmin they repaired it free of charge ,even though it was over a year old. They seem to have a better glue now it has been fine since. However the same thing has happened to my Vista and will send it back in due course.

Caching in Texas in 105 degree heat turned my Vista isto a sticky mess when the glue holding the rubber on melted.

I could do with a new rubber nipple thing on it too as that wore down some time ago. I reckon they have to take the thing apart to do that, so they will have to re-glue the rubber when they put it back together. Two jobs in one.

I can live with a three week turnaround as I've got a new 60CS now and the Vista is just a spare. :huh::huh:

Drive on up to Romsey, Can only be about two hours from your area and they will fix it whilst you wait.

I can supply the co-ordinates if you want them :o

Hi Mike,

I'm heading to Romsey on Thursday, gonna pick off a few caches on the way, get the GPSr fixed while I wait, and then cache on the way home too.

I'd appreciate the co-ords if you don't mind?

Thanks for the idea!

Stuey ;)

Well, what can I say? Superb service. No charge for replacing the rubber round the edge. It was apparently a revised type of glue that they now use, due to problems with earlier Venture's getting tacky glue (I guess all the eTrex's were the same).

I was in the reception area of the Garmin repair centre for less than 5 minutes, and came away with a fixed GPSr.

Fantasic..... and I managed to pop down to Maplin's and get a cheap 5" TV, and do 6 caches with wife and doggy. A great day out (did 200 miles mind you! hehe).