Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

Wow - is this offer still good? I would love someone to design an avatar for me - something a little out there, simple, incorporating some kind of geocaching theme... Or can just be a graphic of some sort. I have no inate creativity, so this is totally beyond me. My user name doesn't really apply - it is an inside family joke, non-related to caching. I am open to suggestions! Thanks in advance......

Wow - is this offer still good? I would love someone to design an avatar for me - something a little out there, simple, incorporating some kind of geocaching theme... Or can just be a graphic of some sort. I have no inate creativity, so this is totally beyond me. My user name doesn't really apply - it is an inside family joke, non-related to caching. I am open to suggestions! Thanks in advance......

ice-cream-man-dvd-cover.jpg?

Define "out there"....

Here's more...

d9e6dc21-179c-48e5-b17d-6412b29b190b.jpg

Give_20me_20a_20French_20Kiss.jpg

chewing_gum_pic.jpg

MaineMutant.jpg

Edited by GeoBigDawg

If I could define "out there" I could probably design an avatar!

I see I opened the door for some out there ideas...

ummm.... loved em and laughed....but not sure they are how I want to represent myself... for sure not the pumpkin butt.

A simple image, not a complicated picture, something not really mainstream - I guess that would pretty well apply to geocaching in general....

Wish I had a better idea what direction to go in.

ummm.... loved em and laughed....but not sure they are how I want to represent myself... for sure not the pumpkin butt.

A simple image, not a complicated picture, something not really mainstream - I guess that would pretty well apply to geocaching in general....

Hobbies besides caching?

Something "fun"?

Odd?

Mcabre?

I have had to design things for customers before that they couldn't describe. On an hourly basis, I enjoyed it. When it was priced per job, it sucked.

Hobbies besides caching?

Something "fun"?

Odd?

Mcabre?

I have had to design things for customers before that they couldn't describe. On an hourly basis, I enjoyed it. When it was priced per job, it sucked.

Hobbies besides caching? Surely you jest!

My garden is running a not-at-all close second since I started hitting the road every free moment. Fun and odd are good. Macabre... cool, but maybe not me. I cache with my golden retriever - not so macabre. Thanks for thinking... I am working this weekend, not much computer time or opportunity to respond....

Hi.. I was wondering if I could get some help with an avatar. I am a women's lacrosse referee (hence the nick laxrefd3.. the d3 was my rating at the time.. I should have just been LaxRef, but now with over 200 finds, I don't want to change my name and re-log everything.. but I digress..)

Anyway, I was thinking of a referee whistle with a circular version of the geocaching logo in the round part of the whistle.. or maybe with the 4 colors used somewhere throughout.. or whatever someone who is more talented than I can come up with.

Any help would be appreciated!

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks in advance!

Something like this?

av1.gif

This looks cool! Thanks for the quick response!

Now seeing it, wondering if there was a way to incorporate lacrosse sticks? Maybe 2 sticks criss-crossed horizontally across the bottom? Maybe just the lacrosse stick head watermarked behind the whistle? Maybe the part where you blow into the whistle more horizontal and the sticks in the space to the right of the circle part?

I am not sure what I'm trying to envision, and maybe it won't look as good as what you did with the whistle alone..

No problemo

How about this?

av2.gif

Hi Bittsen,

I have a favor, and if you can't do it that's ok.. but I think what this one was missing was the whistle turned more horizontal (like how the current one you made me is). I like this one because actually I think I like the fact of the dark gray sticks with the gray whistle, and the fact of the sticks behind, and the whistle more horizontal, it almost would look like a compass rose (maybe even put a dark brown or gray or something, actual compass rose behind it).

I like the one you made, but I may like this revision just a little more :rolleyes: Thanks in advance.

Hi Bittsen,

I have a favor, and if you can't do it that's ok.. but I think what this one was missing was the whistle turned more horizontal (like how the current one you made me is). I like this one because actually I think I like the fact of the dark gray sticks with the gray whistle, and the fact of the sticks behind, and the whistle more horizontal, it almost would look like a compass rose (maybe even put a dark brown or gray or something, actual compass rose behind it).

I like the one you made, but I may like this revision just a little more :rolleyes: Thanks in advance.

How about this?

av5b.gif

Hi Bittsen,

I like the one you made, but I may like this revision just a little more :laughing: Thanks in advance.

How about this?

av5b.gif

This is getting a lot closer.. the sticks line up almost perfectly like I thought they would.. I just don't know if the color of the compass is right. What do you think? I love the style of it, but is it too dark compared to the whistle? Maybe it needs to be about 25% or 50% transparent or something? Do you think it needs to be bigger so that the tips of the sticks are at the edge of the compass?

Image3b.gif

Excellent color.. I like that much better. Can the compass be bigger so that it goes to the top edge of the sticks? Thanks.

It can be but then it wouldn't be round anymore.

I tried extending the 45 degree markers and it looked silly that way.

Ok.. thanks again for your help. I won't bother you with any more changes! :laughing:

A challenge to all you artistic types:

Is it possible to design a rorschach-style inkblot that clearly resembles the Leatherman geocaching logo?

rorsh.jpg

Wow... I take it this is something you did a while ago? You may be good, but no one is that fast...

Either way, may I have your permission to use it on the write-up page for a new puzzle cache I'm working on?

EDIT: Ok, re-reading this I think my tone may have come across as rude. What I *meant* to express was this this is pretty durn neat, and exactly what I was looking for.

Edited by nelson crew

Wow... I take it this is something you did a while ago? You may be good, but no one is that fast...

Either way, may I have your permission to use it on the write-up page for a new puzzle cache I'm working on?

EDIT: Ok, re-reading this I think my tone may have come across as rude. What I *meant* to express was this this is pretty durn neat, and exactly what I was looking for.

No offense taken.

I assure you that I AM that fast. I just made it right after you asked. You have permission to use it.

And if you want, you could use this

http://bittsen.com/images/rorsh.gif

Don't click if you are epileptic

No offense taken.

I assure you that I AM that fast. I just made it right after you asked. You have permission to use it.

And if you want, you could use this

http://bittsen.com/images/rorsh.gif

Don't click if you are epileptic

Fantastic. Your kind help is much appreciated.