Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

Great avitars!

I like my current avitar. Too bad the actual bear was taken from a cache--I haven't been able to find one just like it since.

The problem with my avitar is that I'm not the only one caching here. Our whole family caches and we just log with my account. I'd love to have an avitar for the family. What we'd really like to have is a B&W picture we could use to make a cache/letterbox stamp for our family (avitar would be color.)

We use a Garmin Legend, and occasionally our old yellow etrex. For now we usually have our Handspring Visor Neo with us for cache sheets. I don't think we need these in the picture.

My name: Man In The Wild is a combination of "Wild, Wonderful West Virginia" and the Styx song "Man In The Wilderness." I've had the name since the early 90s.

My wife: Queenfish. She likes fish and Queenfish just sounded right.

Our daughters: Comet Horse--she wanted a horse and she liked the name when I mentioned the horse from Supergirl comics.

Miss Cheetah--she decided a Cheetah was her animal, and it's worked well for her. I often call her Cheetah now even when we're not caching.

We'd love to see something with all of these combined. It sounds very crowded to me, but I always pictured my bear walking near a creek with the "Queenfish" and the horse and cheetah on either side. Everyone looking friendly (but not too cute.)

I figure if I made a stamp like this it'd take up a log book page. I've also been working on making a stamp of just my bear. Individual stamps for everyone could work as well--we'd just use the stamp of the person that found the cache.

Thanks for any help you (anyone) can offer! Also, thanks for making all these great avitars for everyone else!

Amish Hacker- Could you please come up with an avatar for me? I am female and own two Magellans-the SportTrak Map and the yellow SportTrak.

My caching name is The Wild Road-which comes from a novel about cats by Gabriel King. The Wild Road is referred to in the novel as the supernatural "time-travel" highway that cats can log onto to move them quickly from place to place. (Ever notice how a strange cat can "just show up" on your doorstep?) It's not an adolescent novel-very grown-up-(sub-topics include graphic animal lab testing and even a cat "rape" scene)-it's just that the characters are of the feline persuasion. I'm a cat-lover, love to travel and love to read. I could easily live out of a suitcase and go on the road or te sea, when the kids are grown and out of the house.

Right now I'm working in the theater/entertainment business. No-I'm not a pole dancer.

Thank you for considering this!

What I'd like is...are you ready?  A Siamese cat (as was Pyewacket from the movie "Bell, Book and Candle") holding a cup and saucer (with tea, of course) in one paw and an older Maggie unit (a Map 410, to be precise) in the other.

Can this be done?  I challenge thee, valiant cachers.    :blink:

OK, it's not a Siamese, but... I'll keep looking if this is somewhat in the area you're looking.04fb9fb4-efac-4e8d-a35e-7b366eb328df.jpg

OK I wasn't too specific with my first post. I am 14 years old and love sports....I have a Yellow Garmin ETRex and was wondering if anyone...(I don't hav photoshop) could put a yellow garmin Etrex on a huge gold chain on a funny looking cow with a tatoo of 209 on him........just wondering if anyone could rise to the occasion to help a kid out

Okay -

I'm an almost 40 year old geocacher. I'm also a teacher and interpret in sign language for some folks who are deaf. There are four of us on our team - my husband and my two sons.

I thought it might be kind of cool to have an avatar with representative figures (mom, dad, two sons) with the sign language for "search" incorporated somewhere.

Also, we're Morgan's Marauders so using two M's in there would be cool too.

Now - I don't ask for much - do I??

Seriously, thanks for the offer!

Momma Marauder

What I'd like is...are you ready?  A Siamese cat (as was Pyewacket from the movie "Bell, Book and Candle") holding a cup and saucer (with tea, of course) in one paw and an older Maggie unit (a Map 410, to be precise) in the other.

Can this be done?  I challenge thee, valiant cachers.    :mad:

OK, it's not a Siamese, but... I'll keep looking if this is somewhat in the area you're looking.

I hadn't checked this thread before I made my own avatar. The one you made is cute, but I can't have everyone seeing me in my nightgown, now can I? <_<

I've saved the picture...it's really cute! The avatar I made, while not actually holding a cup of tea, has a blue willow background, which is a famous china pattern; I have several blue willow tea cups. And, there's Pyewacket, holding her Maggie.

Thanks, harleycache!

Any chance a domino icon could be made please?

I'm 32m,uk computer techie and magellan sportrak user. My nick is domheknows and my sig item is a domino which I leave in each cache, signed on the back with date of find.

I was thinking along the lines of a domino with arms and legs, probably holding a gps (or any other gadget), with the dots on the domino in position to make the eyes of the head or something?

My drawing skills are pretty naff on the computer so it would take me ages to come up with something myself.

Tia and thanks for all the amazing avatars so far - they are really impressive.

Any chance a domino icon could be made please?

I'm 32m,uk computer techie and magellan sportrak user. My nick is domheknows and my sig item is a domino which I leave in each cache, signed on the back with date of find.

I was thinking along the lines of a domino with arms and legs, probably holding a gps (or any other gadget), with the dots on the domino in position to make the eyes of the head or something?

My drawing skills are pretty naff on the computer so it would take me ages to come up with something myself.

Tia and thanks for all the amazing avatars so far - they are really impressive.

here is a jpeg off of the internet:

dominoes.jpg

This looks weird in full size, but looks okay at 75 pixels wide.

975fdbf1-1c41-471c-91ea-f13b5f2d4165.jpg

WARNING IM NO PRO

This is a rough idea of a Dominoe Avatar, but the only problem is that I have 2 dominoes with a 1 and a 6 on them.

Edited by GOT GPS?

Me too! Me too!

CR uses his own account to post from, because I am a much nicer person and I didn't want anyone to think that I would ever stir the pot like he does!

He is the computer guru of the house, but he makes me feel not so bright when I ask him how to do something. (OK, so he IS smarter than me!)

I know what I want for my avatar, but have no clue how to get it. It is a picture that is posted in a log, but I only want a portion of it, not the whole thing. If you are interested, send me an e-mail and I will send you a link and tell you what part I would like.

I am not going to post the link, cuz I want CR to be surprised when he sees it!

And thanks for the instructions on how to upload it. I think even I could follow those, but not quickly! Is there a way to cut and paste them for reference when I try it?

Sissy

PS email me at lisalikes@sc.rr.com, contacting me through the site puts it in both our mailboxes!

Edited by Sissy-n-CR
Me too! Me too!

CR uses his own account to post from, because I am a much nicer person and I didn't want anyone to think that I would ever stir the pot like he does!

He is the computer guru of the house, but he makes me feel not so bright when I ask him how to do something. (OK, so he IS smarter than me!)

I know what I want for my avatar, but have no clue how to get it. It is a picture that is posted in a log, but I only want a portion of it, not the whole thing. If you are interested, send me an e-mail and I will send you a link and tell you what part I would like.

I am not going to post the link, cuz I want CR to be surprised when he sees it!

And thanks for the instructions on how to upload it. I think even I could follow those, but not quickly! Is there a way to cut and paste them for reference when I try it?

Sissy

PS email me at lisalikes@sc.rr.com, contacting me through the site puts it in both our mailboxes!

I'll help...email sent.

Yeah, but with a name like Pyewacket, should't there be a "Bell, Book & Candle," in the avatar???? Hmmmmmm? :)  :o

SNOOG7.jpg

OK, so now there's a picture from the movie. I know Pyewacket, it's still not a Siamese, and she's still in her nightgown, but I just can't find the right picture of a Saimese. Oh well, your new one looks pretty good anyhow. If you don't use your new one, maybe someone can't get it for you.

356869f9-9182-4759-af18-66767f2d467d.jpg

OMG these are great! Could I put in a request for one too? :o My "handle" anywhere I am is "geographer-pam" because I am a geography major (the last part is probably self-explanatory! lol). I already saw one avatar with the compass rose so that is probably out...but I'm open to any other suggestions! I love maps, globes...anything geography related (hence geocache being a good fit! hehe)

TIA!

pam :)

Thank you all for the willingness to work on this.

As most of you know, CR uses a laser engraver to make stamps for geocachers that want them. The charge is 3 dollars, which covers the materials, use of the machine and postage, so its not like we are getting rich quick. At that price, the customer is asked to send ready line art. CR enjoys graphic design, but doesn't really have time to work on it.

Lately he has gotten several requests for design work. Would anyone object if I put a link to this topic and send the requests over here?

The simple ones he can handle: 'I want four letter T's in a circle'. But, 'CoyoteRed..I was thinking along the lines of....A blood hound holding a magnifying glass, possibly with a dog track in the center of the glass. And the text, ...You've been found.....trail hound!

or....

A round stamp with a dog track in the middle and Trail (on top) Hound(bottom) following the curve of the stamp

What do you think? Is it do-able?

Trail Hound ' is more than he has time for at the moment.

Sissy

Edited by Sissy-n-CR

Go, Jeremy, Go!! Pretty cool of you to grace us with your presence in this thread.

The last one of the flying dog is actually an award winning photo. I saw that one too, but was a bit reluctant to use it.

1999 Addy Award presented by:

The Advertising Federation of Greater Hampton Roads

Catagory:

Collateral Material; Poster; Single

Photographer:

Sheridan Cline

Animal handler:

Joel Becker

Photoshop artist:

John Koehler

Addy Judges:

Sean Fitzpatrick, former VP McCann-EricksonWorldwide Carey Moore, Freelance copywriter. Astrid Rude, Duffy & Shanley/Providence

Mike Lyons, Cramer Krasselt/Chicago

Taken from this webpage: Joel Becker

Now, if I only knew what an 'Addy Award' is.

<~GoLeft Curtis

Rat Pack

2 for you, just messing aroung again. Glad I don't get paid for these.

9ce182fc-6217-4ee7-98ce-e97b1f98e596.jpg --------------- Avatar Size --------------- > 9dd9c98f-548d-4ff4-bc82-49f79237a39e.jpg

- - O R - -

ad6068e6-1376-4754-b4e6-22b8495ce56e.jpg --------------- Avatar Size --------------- > 9a0ffdf6-5dba-4051-84e9-4f4c0b3ea425.jpg

Enjoy,

<~GoLeft Curtis

Thank You Much!

I liked the second one, so that's what I'll use.

Thanks, Guys!

When I posted that, I linked that photo to the web page.

I AM BACK FROM VACATION

Thank you all for posting while I was away.

JEREMY

Thank you for your postings as well. Its an honor to have you participate in one of my threads.

All

I plan on getting back to work on some avatars very soon. I still neet to compile the list of all current requests.

AmishHacker

Edited by AmishHacker
OMG these are great! Could I put in a request for one too? :P My "handle" anywhere I am is "geographer-pam" because I am a geography major (the last part is probably self-explanatory! lol). I already saw one avatar with the compass rose so that is probably out...but I'm open to any other suggestions! I love maps, globes...anything geography related (hence geocache being a good fit! hehe)

TIA!

pam ^_^

Here's a quicky. Pulled the image off the web and added an arrow

globe.jpg

Pack Rat 24

I'm such a dope.

Sorry about putting the wrong name on the picture.

I felt bad so I gave the picture a little paint job. I erased the canteen and replaced it with a custom Dupont Etrex and 'patched' up the backpack to make it look more NASCAR'ish. Also added the NASCAR type lettering at the bottom.

85c63ede-6e80-4efa-901c-80b6ebc9e7ce.jpg --------- Avatar Size --------> 628eaaf3-9551-45f0-94d3-b92c77b2c26e.jpg

Hope you like it.

<~GoLeft Curtis

Thank you all for the willingness to work on this.

As most of you know, CR uses a laser engraver to make stamps for geocachers that want them. The charge is 3 dollars, which covers the materials, use of the machine and postage, so its not like we are getting rich quick. At that price, the customer is asked to send ready line art. CR enjoys graphic design, but doesn't really have time to work on it.

Lately he has gotten several requests for design work. Would anyone object if I put a link to this topic and send the requests over here?

The simple ones he can handle: 'I want four letter T's in a circle'. But, 'CoyoteRed..I was thinking along the lines of....A blood hound holding a magnifying glass, possibly with a dog track in the center of the glass. And the text, ...You've been found.....trail hound!

or....

A round stamp with a dog track in the middle and Trail (on top) Hound(bottom) following the curve of the stamp

What do you think? Is it do-able?

Trail Hound ' is more than he has time for at the moment.

Sissy

You sure can. I am always happy to help out a fellow Geocacher. Of course you never know when I might need help with some other cachers specialty.

One thing I do ask is that the requestor must:

- List in bold in the post that it is for a stamp and HAS to be line art.

- Understand it may take a while for their request to be looked at

- Their request may never be filled (we do as much as we can but the work load is getting big)

Is there a resolution that you prefer for your work?

AmishHacker

Thank you AmishHacker for the cudos.

I enjoy making these sort of things.

When is the 'Mine Too' list coming out?

I am currently working on the following in no particular order...

. . . Flying Dachshund

. . . geographer-pam

. . . Sulis

. . . UMLaw97

Check back soon for updates!

<~GoLeft Curtis

Please add this to your list.

This is for a stamp and has to be line art.

"If you are producing the image on the computer, produce it very large. It must be lineart, no shades of gray. BMP, GIF, TIFF, or low compression JPG all work. EPS raster files and CorelDraw 10 or earlier versions work, too."--from CR's instructions.

"I was thinking along the lines of....A blood hound holding a magnifying glass, possibly with a dog track in the center of the glass. And the text, ...You've been found.....trail hound!

or....

What do you think? Is it do-able?"

-Trail Hound

Thanks guys,

Sissy

Edited by Sissy-n-CR

UMLaw97

I took Chris S' lead, but also could not find an good picture of an ammo handle. I had an ammo can at the house and took a picture of it, and modified it to fit the popped up shell. I was going to fill the inside with McToys, but figured it was big enough for the Head McClown himself.

SuperSized --- > 41097292-7357-4e82-8234-a933985786ce.jpg

Avatar Sized --- > fb0b9a2d-4024-4d4e-a622-f6fcf947e4de.jpg

<~GoLeft Curtis

While your good and busy, Ill add another request to your stack :blink:

What I would like is to take and put the GX in my current avatar. Red in color, with a think curve on the bottom so it doesn't change that much, if you understand what I mean.

I attempted it once, but it wasn't very good.

22008_4000.jpg22008_3900.jpg

thanks for any help.