Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

Haffy6,

Just be patient. I tossed mine out there a while back and am still looking forward to more of the ideas these artists can put on screen. Granted, mine may be a little more difficult than others.

All of the efforts being shown on this thread are far beyond my abilities, so if anyone can come up with something for me I'm going to be extremely grateful.

Since the thread has spanned 9 pages now, there's a lot of people with requests out there. Give the talent some time and I'm sure they'll give you something you'll be happy with.

Regards,

- Mark (S-4-C)

SunshineSnuz

382d7512-1c77-4648-8d8b-d6a08ab9ce82.jpg

Thought I would touch up what the others did. Great Job guys...hope I do not step on any toes. But....this is the same way Mustard Devils got to where it was....working off each other

And for you others who are still waiting....Please still wait :laughing: Working hard in my spare time.....BTW Straped for Cache.....I really like yours right now....I can not find much better than that. Might add some color and diff fonts.....any other suggestions??

AmishHacker

Edited by AmishHacker

I recently changed my geoName from gaviidae to Stump. As you can see my avatar no longer fits (gaviidae is the family name for Loons). Also, my GPSr is now a 60c rather than the old yellow.

I'm not artistic in the least and can't seem to come up with a concept I like for my new geoName (old nickname).

Obviously, an avatar would need a stump in it. I'm also a birder so a bird or two (I have 2 kids) would be great as well.

I've posted some clipart of stumps here: stumps along with my picture out geocaching. I kind of like the image of the guy sitting on the stump but not sure what to do with it.

Careful doing a google for stump with safe search off. There's an extremely strange website out there.

If anyone is willing to share their talent it would be much appreciated. The other work has just been awesome. Made it harder for me to come up with my own new one!

AH,

Thanks for your reply. You may be right about just adding color. As I said earlier, there's not much that comes to mind for my avatar other that what I've got. I just hoped someone may have better ideas than my own. I'm an accountant, so my left brain rarely lets my right brain have any fun. :laughing:

Since the image is pretty grainy, if anyone out there can clean it up and give it some life I'd welcome the change. I like B&W for portraits and some still lifes, but sometimes color is necessary to give an image the punch it needs.

Thanks to any and all for the work you are doing. I'm seeing some really nice work being done. And it's FREE!

Regards,

- Mark (S-4-C)

Hey Amish Hacker,

I appreciate the offer on the avatar. I need some help as you can see! It's smudgy and you can't see the details. I also was thinking about the Groundspeak logo colors in the outline of texas instead of the bluebonnets. Can you offer up any assistance?

a4004434-f5b6-4773-ba64-f94788b3e511.jpg

Edited by texastracker
Well GoLeft hope you arent in the Jeep Contests, you may lose for that one :D:laughing:

You may be right about that one, Dream Alchemist.

Only after I posted that avatar did I then go on to read the other forum posts only to discover sbell111's accident story.

I know a lot of people that drive a Jeep every day. I also know several that race Jeeps on the weekends (JeepSpeed), but every Jeep owner I know works on their Jeeps frequently. Each Jeep owner I know can be classified into one of two categories:

............................. Those that swear by their Jeeps, B)

............................. and those that swear AT their Jeeps. <_<

GoLeft <---- Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.

I requested a upgrade a few pages back and came to relize after searching for Camel pics on the net if may not be possibe do do what I asked

So I was wondering if anyone can do any thing with either of these

rs_camel_small.jpg

page_r4_c3.jpg

This is a great service That I am shure takes alot of time to do these Avatars.

Thanks so much to all those who take the time to make the forums a prettier place. By making such cool avatars.

Edited by GeoCamelCachers

TEXASTRACKER

Somtimes my ideas jump the line....this is what I mean when some come real easy to me and others I really need to think about or do a lot of work on.....Cloudchaser comes to mind.

If you notice TexasTracker...the center of the colors on #2 comes out where you live in the state.

d26e2e26-2a36-4def-88f8-3c29baf9791e.jpgee810d95-e1ee-4c28-ae1f-3411fd175861.jpg

Amish Hacker:

I am so happy with my Avatar that you made for me! I want to use it for a sig item next. What I was wondering..would it be possible to make them wider with more clouds around it so I could put the image into a circle shape or an oval shape?

Also, because I sometimes cache with my family and they don't log separately, Is it possible to add the words " & Crew" into the cloud writing? I've tried to work with it in GIMP...was able to add some clouds sort of and extend the blue background..but writing the words into the sky like you did escaped me. Again no hurry, whenever you can get to it would be fine. Thanks so much for everything!

Cloudchaser

Cloudcahser for the text. from what I can see it looks like he....

1. Typed using COmic Sans Serif (or very similar font)

2. Gausian Blur

3. Smudge Tool some of the edges to get the Wiff motion.

Again Just a speculation of what it looks like he used, and to maybe help give you an idea on how or where to start.

Geo Camel Cachers

6fd85d8c-5d39-48f1-a1b7-1e83b4457f59.jpg

42b15e6b-0618-4ea4-8061-7fecc03cd3e0.jpg

OOOoooOOOOoo Kewl!

:) I have a strange request:

Can someone do a version of this with a frog on it's back???

My sister and bro-in-law, MtnFrog and Camel, need a picture for their profile page. I don't think they will ever post much in the forums, so they don't really need an avatar.

Some fodder for ideas:

They live in the Sierras and their wedding rings have a frog and camel engraved on them. The camel part comes from my bro's love of the group, Camel, so maybe one of their album covers would work as background. They collect frogs (literally thousands! B) ) and camels. I call their house: Mtn Frog's Mecca of Frogdom. Heck, even their dog's name (little, black, one-eyed, Pomeranian) is Frog. :o

SNOOG3.jpg

TEXASTRACKER

Somtimes my ideas jump the line....this is what I mean when some come real easy to me and others I really need to think about or do a lot of work on.....Cloudchaser comes to mind.

If you notice TexasTracker...the center of the colors on #2 comes out where you live in the state.

d26e2e26-2a36-4def-88f8-3c29baf9791e.jpgee810d95-e1ee-4c28-ae1f-3411fd175861.jpg

Amish Hacker

#2 looks pretty cool...it took a little getting used to but I kinda like it! I am looking for more of my original avatar. Thanks

TEXASTRACKER

d26e2e26-2a36-4def-88f8-3c29baf9791e.jpg    ee810d95-e1ee-4c28-ae1f-3411fd175861.jpg

Amish Hacker

#2 looks pretty cool...it took a little getting used to but I kinda like it! I am looking for more of my original avatar. Thanks

You know......on second thought. It really looks good! I like that "special" touch of the colors coming out at my actual location. I really do appreciate the work you put into it. And again congrats on the newcomer!

TEXASTRACKER

d26e2e26-2a36-4def-88f8-3c29baf9791e.jpg    ee810d95-e1ee-4c28-ae1f-3411fd175861.jpg

Amish Hacker

Amishhacker,

One more request, if you're up to it. Could you possibly send me a full size version of the picture for my other stuff! T-shirts and geocards? Thanks

TEXASTRACKER

Amish Hacker

Amishhacker,

One more request, if you're up to it. Could you possibly send me a full size version of the picture for my other stuff! T-shirts and geocards? Thanks

That is the full size. I create most of them 75 pix wide. It will take a lot more work to come up with a 300 resolution....but its on my list

Geo Camel Cachers

:o I have a strange request:

My sister and bro-in-law, MtnFrog and Camel, need a picture for their profile page. I don't think they will ever post much in the forums, so they don't really need an avatar.

Some fodder for ideas:

They live in the Sierras and their wedding rings have a frog and camel engraved on them. The camel part comes from my bro's love of the group, Camel, so maybe one of their album covers would work as background. They collect frogs (literally thousands! B) ) and camels. I call their house: Mtn Frog's Mecca of Frogdom. Heck, even their dog's name (little, black, one-eyed, Pomeranian) is Frog. :)

SNOOG3.jpg

snoogans

e85d3cf2-c6e4-43f1-a4ed-7da01e84df3e.jpg

895cc2b2-90c9-4513-a24d-69cb1a2206a3.jpg

whats this? avatars-while-u-wait? um, okay... all the 'tars i make are loads of un-avatar-ly crap. i dont even have one for this board yet. (second post, what do you expect?)

since i entirely lack creativity (well i have ideas... but ones that would require researching some weird anime for character designs, then completely resketching a couple characters out... not that i dont think that you can do it, but... i wouldnt put you through anything i couldnt do myself, knowing that regardless, you'd do it better)

wow, i wasted that paragraph... since i entirely lack creativity, i'd say just go with something simple and music related, like a couple eighth notes with the geocache colors or something. i dont know. its a stupid idea, but it'll do for now.

then again, i skipped eight pages worth of stuff... did someone already have an idea like this?

Geo Camel Cachers

:mad: I have a strange request:

Some fodder for ideas:

They live in the Sierras and their wedding rings have a frog and camel engraved on them. The camel part comes from my bro's love of the group, Camel, so maybe one of their album covers would work as background. They collect frogs (literally thousands! <_< ) and camels. I call their house: Mtn Frog's Mecca of Frogdom. Heck, even their dog's name (little, black, one-eyed, Pomeranian) is Frog. <_<

SNOOG3.jpg

snoogans

e85d3cf2-c6e4-43f1-a4ed-7da01e84df3e.jpg

895cc2b2-90c9-4513-a24d-69cb1a2206a3.jpg

Thank You very much! We love it!

Leslie & Rick & Frog

RUSTY_TLC

This is based solely on the tag line in rusty_tlc's posts.

"I get the dadgum Jeep thing, thats why I drive a Toyota."

That being said, here it is.

-------------------> 843710ae-99e4-46ad-8037-ead036197f95.jpg

GoLeft

Thanks GoLeft :mad:<_<

Us LC guys often call them Heeps. That being said I think Jeeps are the best production Four by on the market today. I also think the FJ40 is the best Four By ever. We were considering selling 'Ol Rusty a while back and started looking at the cost of owernship. It turns out that even with the "extras" lockers, saginaw steering, etc etc. it is still the cheepest car we have ever owned based on cost per mile driven.

BTW I have a few YJTB's and will be placing a couple in a Jeep themed cache on the Rubicon. So don't worry about your chances in the contest. <_<

SNOOGANS AND OR GeoCamelCachers

OOOoooOOOOoo Kewl!

<_< I have a strange request:

Can someone do a version of this with a frog on it's back??? <snip>

The frog is not quite on the camel's back, but what the heck.

I found the camel on camelproductions dot com website. Is that the

one from the band???

13e511a1-1b17-434b-b7a6-287def55826e.jpg ------- Avatar Size -------> d1f43e78-17f4-4e33-8997-bbad227779b1.jpg

Happy 4th of July everyone - I'm going racing now.

GoLeft has done gone and left.

I have a question. I searched for it and tried reading through this thread but couldn't find it. How do you chnage the caption under your avitar? Do you need to have a minimum number of posts or something? I see some related to board usage but others are personal.

Sorry if this has been cover already.

phfoto guy

Stump

Thanks, Cachengrab. Not sure if I should be offended by the face you chose though. ;)

I like it for an avatar but I'd also like to make some sig items. Not sure I'd want that face on them! Maybe it's too close to the real one! ;)