Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

Ok, a new request. Can anyone take this art work

2c01c66a-d3b2-4b9e-9d02-da5618e0e97e.jpg

Add a yellow sportrak to the lions hand and change the wording in the back to

Team

GeoRemdation

centered with the lion coming out of the middle? Or anything else cool that someone can suggest.

Edited by PSUPAUL
Ok, a new request. Can anyone take this art work

Team

GeoRemdation

centered with the lion coming out of the middle? Or anything else cool that someone can suggest.

NP.....Working late tonight...will work on it sometime soon

I've got an idea for the avatar I'd like if you want to tackle it...

I'd like to see a crow or a blue jay (a jay might be cooler) as a Scottish rough...think Groundskeeper Willie. I think a walking stick would make a good prop. Maybe a brick, tavern, or industrial background. Thanks in advance!

f773b3cf-eff4-4e2f-901a-57d5638f8a8d.jpg

For starters?

Thanks, but I was thinking more of the lion coming out between Team and GeoRemdation with those words over top of each other. Kind of how the lion comes out of the wording for PSU Playbook, but due to the length of Team GeoRemdation I thought it would look better if they were stacked overtop of each other.

I appreciate the attempt. Thanks all for your help.

Thanks, but I was thinking more of the lion coming out between Team and GeoRemdation with those words over top of each other.  Kind of how the lion comes out of the wording for PSU Playbook, but due to the length of Team GeoRemdation I thought it would look better if they were stacked overtop of each other.

I appreciate the attempt.  Thanks all for your help.

Not a prob. If AH or one of the other pro's don't get to it, I'll try it again more along the lines of what you want.

DH,

I am copying and pasting the specs for file uploads from their website. Thanks!

• File is in TIFF format (.tif) at 600 dpi.

• Image must be saved in a line-art (bitmap) mode.

We will not accept grayscale or color files.

• File size is under 2-3 MB in size, please contact us if over 3MB.

• We may not accept files such as Word files as custom art,

as fonts may not be available.

• We will also accept vector based files (such as an .eps) if outlines have been

created on the fonts or no fonts are used in the file.

Wow, I'm impressed. I wish a had just a fracton of the talent I have seen. There by, I will humblly ask for the Help of all these talented poeple.

The wife and I cache together, we use a magellan sportrak pro.

Our name comes from the cars we drive....dodge neons. Long story....it wasn't planed, it just happened anyway.

I hope someone has an idea.

Ok, a new request.  Can anyone take this art work

Team

GeoRemdation

centered with the lion coming out of the middle?  Or anything else cool that someone can suggest.

NP.....Working late tonight...will work on it sometime soon

Thanks AH, your efforts are appreciated.

I'm working on my avatar in my free time (what little there is of it) I have photoshop 7 and have some pics that I'm working with. I am working on an avatar/sig item design that I can use as an avatar, and also will be able to put it onto a nickel or something a bit larger, and maybe down the road have it minted.

Does anyone out there know enough about photoshop 7 to help with the following.

1. I am wanting a round not square pallette to work with. I have used the (cant remember the name of it as I'm at work) tool that gives you a round circle that can be painted in any shade. That works ok, but I still have a square background, but I've made that invisible. Is there any way to do this?

2. I will have a set of cupped hands with an airplane in them. Across the top I want it to read "A mechanics hands" and around the bottom it will read "The Heart of an Aircraft Mechanic" Now remember I'm wanting it to be round to be able to use on a coin or something. Is there a way to evenly wrap the text on the round borders just above and below the hands?

If photoshop cant do this, can an early version (about 2000) of illustrator (I think its adobe illustrator) make these ideas come to life?

Thanks again. Also also thanks for helping so many others out with this. Its things like this that make this community wonderful and special.

MH

Yep, I'll throw my hat in here as well.

For all my athletic and technical skills, I have no skills in Photoshop.

Here's my original avatar:

133007_1000.jpg

My likes are long walks on the beach, soft music...oops! WRONG FORUM! :D

Ok seriously:

Beach Volleyball, hockey, wakeboarding/water-skiing, etc.

Anything goes. I am your muse.....

If it doesn't stay as my avitar, it will certanly be used often as my sig. BTW- Have you actually seen one of my log book sigs. THAT is verrrrry close! Great Job!

No I have not seen your paper logs, just going by your good description much earlier in this thread. Glad you like it.

Oh yes. I like it very much. I have pretty much decided it is my new sig forever and ever though. It already says "Snoogans" above my avatar and in my sig, so using it AS my avatar is kinda overkill.

My search for the perfect avatar goes on........

Which leads me to another request. I hope it doesn't look like I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth. I was just thinkin'......

Anyone remember this thread?????

I have been using my sig to show moods, or a general feeling about what I have posted or quoted. Can that be done with my new sig??? I.E. Black lettering and a scowl to show anger. Blue lettering and a sad face to show sadness. Something to express shock, unsureness, humor. One that conveys the impression "I think you're a jerk, but I'm too nice to come out and say it," like :D or B) . Etc. and so on. Get the picture? Go hogwild.

Can someone incorporate the Nitrofish from my profile page into one of them? That'd be kewl.

SNOOGAV.jpg

Or were you thinking more along the lines of this way?

1bcdbb4c-cf92-4acf-828c-71fa4b5cdf1e.jpg

GoLeft

Cool! Exactly what I had in mind.

Thanks,

PSUPAUL

Thanks for saving me on this one GoLeft

I had made one without looking fully at the discription

I put PSUPAUL behind it and by that time it was after midnight.

df641a71-3f4b-45bf-924d-86482b280feb.jpg

Nice work Go Left

AmishHacker

Just FYI to all the folks reading this thread.

The images I post are hosted on my personal space. They may or may not exist there at any given time in the future.

Please dowload these images and provide your own hosting for sig purposes and or avatars.

My provider may eventually ask me about all the traffic.

Thanks.

Still looking for some experienced help with the following :

I'm working on my avatar in my free time (what little there is of it) I have photoshop 7 and have some pics that I'm working with. I am working on an avatar/sig item design that I can use as an avatar, and also will be able to put it onto a nickel or something a bit larger, and maybe down the road have it minted.

1. I am wanting a round not square pallette to work with. I have used the (cant remember the name of it as I'm at work) tool that gives you a round circle that can be painted in any shade. That works ok, but I still have a square background, but I've made that invisible. Is there any way to do this?

2. I will have a set of cupped hands with an airplane in them. Across the top I want it to read "A mechanics hands" and around the bottom it will read "The Heart of an Aircraft Mechanic" Now remember I'm wanting it to be round to be able to use on a coin or something. Is there a way to evenly wrap the text on the round borders just above and below the hands?

If photoshop cant do this, can an early version (about 2000) of illustrator (I think its adobe illustrator) make these ideas come to life?

Thanks again. Also also thanks for helping so many others out with this. Its things like this that make this community wonderful and special.

Thanks

MH

Still looking for some experienced help with the following :

Thanks

MH

I would suggest that Illustrator would be better than photoshop for your needs MH. Placing text along a curve is what you want to do for the coin-like text.

I use Micrografx (really old version) for making all the pics that I have posted into this thread. Once I have created the image, I only use photoshop to convert to a .jpg for me.

I will be away for a few days now, but perhaps I can assist more when I return.

This is what I have so far. This is am EMB 145 rejional jet which I currently work on. I also work on the CRJ 200's. I am trying to find a way to wrap text evenly around the top and bottom of the circle. The text would be "A Mechanics Hands" across the top and "The heart of an Aircraft Mechanic" around the bottom. I'm hoping once this is done to transform this into a button, coin or token to use as a signature item along with the plastic cards (I read about them in the garage sale section) with the mechanics hands story printed on them.

What do you think? Tips Ideas suggestions?

Thanks

MH

Edited by Mechanics Hands
Mechanics Hands,

The canvas will be square, but the portion that is not used will be transparent.

What kind of aircraft do you work on, or more specifically, what kind do you want in the hands?

GoLeft.

Bear in mind that avatar images are converted to .jpg files automatically if they are not already. Transparency will not work like it will when creating a .gif file. Keep that in mind for backgrounds. That's why AH and others make the background gray to match the forums.

OK,

I would think you guys can have fun with this one!

I am a Taxman.

I am white male with blond hair.

I love to hunt (rifle) and we have to wear blaze orange here in Canada.

I have a Legend.

If you put a name on the bottom just use "Taxman" not the 003 part.

Will be checking back!

Mike

Whoops, the right side and bottom of the avatar got cut off by a pixel. I also increased the size of the font on the avatar so that it could be read easier. This is just my take on the MechanicHands. I will not be offended at all if you do not use it.

ac43e2e2-675b-4f2b-8f1a-7142a7ec98fa.jpg

GoLeft

GoLeft -

Looks great!!!! Thanks so much for the quick turn-around too!!!

Now, i just gotta get it in my avatar......

:ph34r:

edit: OK, got him loaded-

I just realized I forgot to give him a right arm/hand....

any chance of sticking a Blue Etrex in there-??

Sorry if Im asking too much-

Edited by Pto

Love the overall design WOW. Bad memories of cessna's. I have a copy of the erj in my pic with no background if that might help. I will also look for a better pic of an ERJ or the CRJ, Bombardier's site might have something too. Everything else is absolutely wonderful though. I appreciate the help. Once done would it be to much to ask for a copy emailed to me with the layers so that when I am ready to do the sig coin etc it will be easier to have that done.

Thanks again its really appreciated.

If you could add some color and a garmin legend to my avatar that would be great.

Maybe a beaver cacher or some other type of critter other than a Gopher. Something Alaskan that will fit my name would be cool. I am open to suggestion.

Have fun.

Edited by Bilder