Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

I would very much like an avatar but I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler and am completely graphically challenged.

rayjacko

Not perfectly happy with this so far, but I can work on it more if you like the concept.

roo.jpg

avroo.jpg

As you can see the roo gets a bit lost in the avatar size.

Edited by Chris S
Hi

My 12 year old son has become a cache-aholic. 

He chose the username Reel Rider because he adores roller coasters (he rides the "reels").  He is finishing up elementary school on Thursday, and ..... it would be cool to have some clever avatar to as a surprise to present to him on thursday. 

He uses the GPS that he, his sister, and dad gave me as a mother's day present.... it is a magellan sportrak map.

I would love you guys forever if you could come up with something.

Thanks! :lol:

Oh, I was sooo hoping that someone would come up with a something like a GPSr going around on a roller coaster for my 12 year old son (reel rider). .... he also likes the beach, plays water polo, and loves anything techo-nerdy...

But it is not like me to beg and grovel :lol:

Edited by wife&mom
Cachengrab:

Thanks for the effort, but I don't understand the avatar.  :lol:

Of course, when it's explained I'll probably say "Oh, I get it now", but at the moment I'm just confused.

Regards,

- Mark (S-4-C)

It's a play on your nic... those are piggy banks.

Hey Cachengrab, maybe slots on the backs might help. It could be just a bit too subtle without them.

Edited by TotemLake

Wow, I would LOVE a custom-made avatar!

Something with a Sunflower with maybe the cool GC lettering I've seen in a few peoples avatars (can't think of anyone's of the top of my head though, sorry) inside the face of the flower...

Or maybe a cartoon sunflower holding a GPS (Garmin) with one of it's leaves?

I have lots of ideas but am way to critical of my work to bring any of them to fruition.

Any help from y'all would be much appreciated!!!

Oh, and I cache with my daughter alot so maybe two avatars, one with one sunflower and another with another smaller sunflower with a princess crown? I know, I'm sooo demanding. :lol:

Seriously, ANYTHING that y'all can come up with would be way appreciated!

THANKS! :lol:

**edited for spelling and GPS type.

Edited by SunshineSnuz
Something for GEO Wombat to try...

WOMBAT1.jpg

and the small one...

WOMBAT_AV.jpg

These are great but we don't live in desert country! Almost wish we did just for the avatar. I should have mentioned that we live in Darwin - the Wet monsoonal tropics where there are salt water crocodiles, most of the world's Top 10 most dangerous snakes and where you can't swim in the sea due to box jellyfish. And of course there was Cyclone Tracy which wiped the place out. Crocodile Dundee is probably a better Aussie stereotype LOL.

Donna

Anybody want to give mine a shot?

First of all, his head-edit didnt go so well, so if you can re-shape his head a bit-That'd be great (Binky originally has 2 ears, but I have him tatooe'd on me with just 1, like my former avatar- Bongo.

I'd also like to add a (garmin legend, blue)gpsr to one of his hands -

maybe an outdoorsy backround behind him? Or maybe riding a Honda Foreman ES?

I'm in MN, so forests and rivers, not desert and palms B)

Any help is greatly appreciated, as my head edit should proove my need for help!

PS-I put the original, and my version Here & Here

Edited by Pto
reelrider

not too fancy, but here's something

reel.jpg

Thanks soooooooo much... I know he will be thrilled .... and thanks for not making me grovel too awfully much...

(now, is it too picky to point out that we use a magellan sport track map.... or should I just shut my mouth?)

I really do think it is great! Thanks! Love you forever!

ok my turn to ask, i'm not the computer smart or i'd do this myself. i'm looking for an avatar yes, and also something that i could use on a sig item. any help would be great. i'l always amazed at the work you guys can do. . other info, i use a legend and cache with my gf and we're both 22.

cheers thanks

reelrider

reel.jpg

Thanks soooooooo much... I know he will be thrilled .... and thanks for not making me grovel too awfully much...

(now, is it too picky to point out that we use a magellan sport track map.... or should I just shut my mouth?)

I'll make time to change the GPS unit later, that was just all I had time for before work this morning.

reelrider

reel.jpg

I'll make time to change the GPS unit later, that was just all I had time for before work this morning.

Oh, Mad Puppy

I think it is great! And thanks so much for doing it this morning before work! Do not worry about changing it (I am embarassed for even bringing that up now)

B)

I think it is great! And thanks so much for doing it this morning before work! Do not worry about changing it (I am embarassed for even bringing that up now)

B)

Don't sweat it. Once the layers are built making a change like the GPS image is a 10 minute job. I just need to find a good 3-d image of the correct GPS.

ReelRider

Changed it. If you don't see the change Refresh the page

Edited by Chris S
These are great but we don't live in desert country! Almost wish we did just for the avatar. I should have mentioned that we live in Darwin - the Wet monsoonal tropics where there are salt water crocodiles, most of the world's Top 10 most dangerous snakes and where you can't swim in the sea due to box jellyfish. And of course there was Cyclone Tracy which wiped the place out. Crocodile Dundee is probably a better Aussie stereotype LOL.

Donna

I'll take a stab at a tropical background if you like. Please post a photo of a typical scene (could be a real place near where you live) and maybe I can "cartoonize" a version of it to place the wombat and hat in front of.

I was worried that the rock may be too big of an Aussie cliche, but it does scream Australia to us North Americans. (which a tropical scene may not as much).

Sunshine Snuz

6d695b02-ca4f-46d4-ac4e-a04cd57203b2.jpg

Here's something that I started for you. I don't know if I'll have time to work on it anymore, at least for a few weeks, but if you like it maybe someone could continue working on it. Or you could use it as it. Hope you like it.

McWeb

Edit: edited colors of the sunflower

Edited by mcweb

Thanks McWeb and ChrisS!

I appreciate the effort. :)I'll have to hold onto these...

I was hoping that maybe keep the petals yellow and make the inside of the sunflower either a face (kinda cartoonish) so its like a person hunting with a GPS or if that couldn't be done, make the inside the GC colors (or the GC letters that I've seen on some, think Gentle Whisper sorta does it..).

But, these were both great, and I really do appreciate it.

thanks! :huh:

Well, having seen the excellent quality of avatars being done by the fine people of the forums, I would also like to make a request.

My current avatar is obviously a Lego Robin Hood. This was quite fitting back in 2002 when I was leaving Lego Geocachers as my signature item (but then I started finding a lot more caches, and wasn't able to find as many of the stock minifigs I was using).

I was thinking maybe a scene where Robin Hood is using his GPS( I use a basic Yellow E-trex) to waylay the Sherriff of Nottingham to raid the swag from his cache-coach.

Thanks to all of you for your efforts, and especially to AmishHacker for making some threads really worth watching... (this and the modified for humour avatar thread)

Cache well, and see you around the bend...

SF

The Badge & the Butterfly

You did say splash. :lol:

G4.jpg

I can make the colors brighter, but then the animals get a bit lost.

I have the image built as layers so changes to the background are quick and easy.

The Badge & the Butterfly EDITED

Stylized

Ga.jpg

or solid

Gb.jpg

Edited by Chris S
The Badge & the Butterfly

You did say splash. :D

G4.jpg

I can make the colors brighter, but then the animals get a bit lost.

I have the image built as layers so changes to the background are quick and easy.

Hey Chris!

I was thinking of the 4 colors in the same areas as the geocaching.com logo, and confined within the "G".

Will that work?

Thanks Ed

I'd love one for us if anyone has the time. All4ofUs refers to our family - Dad (computer whiz), Mom (scrapbooking stay-at-home princess), Son (11, nintendo guy and computer whiz to be, loves legos) and Daughter (9 yr old princess in training, very much a girl).

Thanks! We appreciate the effort :D

Well, I'll throw my little request out there and see if anyone feels like taking it on.

We are the 4dingdongz from Westerville, Ohio. 4dingdongz is a play on our last name....Bell. Mom, Dad, and two sons make up our family.

We cache with our black lab and an etrex Legend. We like to do a lot of hiking and camping.

Any of that stuff in an avatar would be great.

Donna

I'll take a stab at a tropical background if you like. Please post a photo of a typical scene (could be a real place near where you live) and maybe I can "cartoonize" a version of it to place the wombat and hat in front of.

I was worried that the rock may be too big of an Aussie cliche, but it does scream Australia to us North Americans. (which a tropical scene may not as much).

Knew there was a good reason for all of the locationless caches we have done!

Our Geo-gallery Lots of photos of our area :D

I was thinking maybe a scene where Robin Hood is using his GPS( I use a basic Yellow E-trex) to waylay the Sherriff of Nottingham to raid the swag from his cache-coach.

SherwoodForest

That's a lot to fit in 75 pixels wide.

Here's something quick

robin2.jpg

yeah, but I dream big...

But anyway, what you did up for me is really cool, and I'd like to thank you a lot for it...

already using it as my avatar both here and on the 'local' boards in Ohio...

Thanks again!!!! :)

But anyway, what you did up for me is really cool, and I'd like to thank you a lot for it...

already using it as my avatar both here and on the 'local' boards in Ohio...

Thanks again!!!! :)

Glad you like it. The image is some famous carving from a pub near Nottingham. I just added the GPS and made him point his finger.