Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

If GUUF has their toes against the line of derived work of the geocaching.com logo (and remember, TPTB have already gently reminded us that doing so is prohibited) do you really think this one falls any further from the line?

It even says that in the very first post in this topic. <_<

Do you need an Avatar?

Do you need help with a current Avatar?

Do you have questions about Avatars?

This is your place

Many people ask for help on their avatars.  Well, I like to help and so do many other people in the forums.

This is your place to bring them to our attention.

How can we help you today?

b292c77b-bc27-421c-bad2-2db7b00a0f63.jpg

P.S. : And now a word from Jeremy to anyone who is going to make an avatar.

3_600.jpg

"Please don't make derivatives of the logo. Legal mumbo jumbo forces me to say this. Come up with something unique and original."

For more info about Groundspeaks Logo Usage Policy....Click Here!

Edited by mtn-man

OK, I'll throw out a request. My name is PSUPAUL, my family team name is Team GeoRemdation. Either would be cool to use. We cache with a Magellan SportTrak. I am PSUPAUL because of being a big PSU alumni and fan, We came up with Team GeoRemdation because we we thought it sounded cool after my son mispronounced redemption so we geo-fied it. We normally cache with our Black Lab Chloe. We are two parents and two boys.

Anthing else?

Thanks for any help

Edited by PSUPAUL
Small size with grey background...

GEO_MD3.jpg

Mustard Devil - I read about the Avatar size, and the max being 75 pixels wide, so I re-exported the JPG at 75 pixels. This new small one with grey background should make the best avatar of this image as possible.

Good deal Dino......we must all try and post a 75 pix wide version

I asked about specifically using the 4 colours (or very similar ones) in the original GeoCycle post.

Since I did not recieve a reply in that thread, and the question of chopping the logo appears again in this thread, I am asking again.

I don't see a problem with using the logo colors -- it's making very similar logos of the GC logo itself they have a problem with!

Kinda like making a Kooky-Cola logo and making it look very similar to Coke's logo, and claiming it was YOUR idea. Make sense?

Ok, I'll add my request and see what you guys can come up with. So far you have been great. I'm horrible at setting up things like Avatars. Graphics is just not my forte.

Most of what you need you can probably derive from my user name.

Currently a Garmin V and RINO 120 user. Living in Washington State and currently drive an Orange Ford Ranger 4x4 Pickup when caching, and I'm ALWAYS caching <_<

Since our name was originally inspired by Fatso the Fat-Arsed Wombat [i was heavily pregnant at the time!], something along those lines? Maybe with an Akubra hat. We use a Garmin eTrex.

The marsupial theme is appropriate for us - we have a newborn who goes geocaching in a sling!

Donna1db6db95-9788-4214-9db7-3ebda69a4ef6.jpg

Edited by GeoWombats

Wow... you guys are awesome! I want an avatar, but I have no idea what it should be. My caching parter and I both go by our initials (NLK and tenacious_dml), so that's kind of boring.

I'm learning to do stained glass... so maybe something that looks like that? We both really like PrairieStyle/FrankLloydWright geometric patterns. Our primary cachemobile is his dark green Toyota Tacoma truck. We use an Etrex Legend. He loves the Simpsons - one of our signature items is a shrinkydink keychain that quotes Bart, "I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it and I don't know why I'll do it again."

<_<

Nancy

- edited to revise ideas for an avatar -

Edited by NLK

I think each one is very good, I can't wait to see what you come up with for me. I am amazed at how much can be said in such a little space with the pictures for those who have a talent to do so, but for those of us who don't, it is just like my avitar. My son says maybe they think I have dogs since it is a hydrant but I thought it was fire related. Oh well, we all have different talents.

Something for GEO Wombat to try...

WOMBAT1.jpg

and the small one...

WOMBAT_AV.jpg

BTW - what about the idea of sharing some components that others could chop into pictures. For instance I'd be happy to share the Meridian simplified drawing I used in my avatar for others to chop into their own if they are Meridian users.

MERIDIAN.jpg

MERIDIAN2.jpg

Edited by Dino Hunters
Seamus - I'm posting to say I'm sorry if I stepped on your toes by grabbing your mustard bottle and running with it.

By way of explanation, I jumped into this thread on page 3 and since MD was using your image already, I thought I was just working on his avatar. I did not realize until I backtracked to page one tonight that it was your work in progress.

Not a problem at all; I like yours a lot better than mine anyway. I'm glad to see all the new avatars coming out of this thread, and all the happy cachers it's creating.

TEAM K-9

Logo Use

Not to be picky or anything, but I'm still waiting for the version of this logo with a white backround...

I posted it yesterday.....I updated your original post....as stated earlier....I am trying to reduce the clutter in here with mutiple posts.

As the chicken says later....Check here

Oh sorry, I was looking for it to be with the original submissions but you posted it in a different part. All is well now. THANK YOU!

I wanna play... I wanna play!

As can be seen in my profile, my avatar has been created with standard clip art and some WordArt text modification. Nothing fancy, but it got the job done. Team Strapped-4-Cache consists of me (Strapped-4-Cache), wife Penny Wise and daughter Pocket Change. We'll be adding one more to the team through adoption, but that'll be a year or so before that happens.

We cache with a Magellan SporTrak yellow and a Garmin Vista.

The meaning behind the name should be self-evident but also has a dual meaning. We can't find enough caches, and we're often short of cash!

Thanks for any help in punching up the family avatar a bit.

Regards,

- Mark (S-4-C)

If you are making a request.....

1. Make sure to post more than just asking for one.....what are your ideas....are you male....female....what type of GPS do you have.......what is the meaning of your name.....etc

2. I may do others before yours because I have an idea or it may be easy to roll out

3. I may not get to yours at all.

4. Please be patient.

If you are going to post and avatar for someone else.....put there name first in Bold, Impact font, Largest, and Red.  If you create more than one for them post to the same message or edit your existing one.

Thank You

AmishHacker

My current avatar is simply a Harley Davidson Super Glide on the GC logo (which I guess needs to be changed). I don't get too creative on these type things, but would like to see a Harley in it. By the way, I'm a male, and use a Garmin Legend, and I guess you can understand my name, Harleycache.

If you can get to it, Thanks in advance. If not, I'll try to do something different.

(And to all those creative sorts out there, you have been doing some great work.)

We posted our original request in the "Geocyclist needs avitar" thread, which is what originally prompted AmishHacker to start this thread (I think). We are two attorneys (one male, one female) practicing in the estate planning and probate area. We like hiking, caching, and golden retrievers (not necessarily in that order). We cache with a Garmin GPS 12. The current avitar is ample testimony to our being graphics challenged. Cachengrab made a valiant effort to help, but without the specifics that AmishHacker requested. Any other help would be great.

McWeb:

Thank you for the avatar :back: It's much better than anything I could come up with. Sorry I didn't post sooner...I'm on the road now for a couple weeks. AmishHacker said he has an idea for one for me also and I'd like to see what he comes up with before I decide which to use.

Thanks again!

Cloudchaser

McWeb:

Thank you for the avatar :back: It's much better than anything I could come up with. Sorry I didn't post sooner...I'm on the road now for a couple weeks. AmishHacker said he has an idea for one for me also and I'd like to see what he comes up with before I decide which to use.

Thanks again!

Cloudchaser

I'm sure AmishHacker will do much better than I did. He has a lot more talent, and more skill at this than I do. And I won't feel the least bit upset if you don't choose the one I did. I'm just trying to help a little, since I've been helped on this page also. Even if my designs aren't great, they might lead to something great.

McWeb :lol:

greengolftee87

Well, not being a golfer, I had to guess a bit at the dimensions and shape, but...

ggt_grey.jpgggt_white.jpg

sggt_grey.jpgsggt_white.jpg

Hrm. Maybe it's more of a green nail, come to think of it... :back:

(okay, yeah. It's just a tee. Someone more arty than I can give it a better go.)

Edited by Seamus
We posted our original request in the "Geocyclist needs avitar" thread, which is what originally prompted AmishHacker to start this thread (I think). We are two attorneys (one male, one female) practicing in the estate planning and probate area. We like hiking, caching, and golden retrievers (not necessarily in that order). We cache with a Garmin GPS 12. The current avitar is ample testimony to our being graphics challenged. Cachengrab made a valiant effort to help, but without the specifics that AmishHacker requested. Any other help would be great.

Sorry but I have been very busy lately. I have you and Cloudchase on my list...I actually had something start for ya...this week is going to be busy

No worries AmishHacker. Whenever you can get to it is fine and thank you :back:

I'll be on vacation with the family for the next 2 weeks and will have sporadic internet access...going to check out some of those nice Vegas and Reno caches I've been reading about...along with a few on Rte 95 on our way from Vegas to Reno.

Cloudchaser

No problem, AH. We don't expect you to shoulder all of this on your own. We are patient, and greatful for any help that the talented folks around here have to offer. Your efforts so far have been incredible. If you have a chance to post something for us, that would be awsome.

I would very much like an avatar but I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler and am completely graphically challenged.

I am a professional firefighter

I use a Magellan Meridian GPSR

I drive a 4wd on my caching trips

The navigator is my wife

I hope to retire soon

I live in Australia

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me

rayjacko & the navigator

Edited by rayjacko & the navigator

Wow, what awesome avatars!!

We have been trying to toss around a few ides for a new avater/signature card graphic but have been falling short..maybe one of you amazingly artistic minds could come up with something for us.

One of our favorite books is "The Tao of Pooh" (see current avatar) and our signature item is a YinYang Necklace (for now).

Perhaps someone could come up with a cool GC related YinYang?

Thanks in advance if anyone happens to bite. :lol:

NLK

Here are acouple of things I cam up with. I think they turned out pretty neat, and if you decide not to use them, I just might (I might anyway :lol: ). Anyway, the idea was to look a little bit like stained glass. I hope you like them.

McWeb

P.S. I can send you larger images if you want.

de2a83c9-d0ea-4224-b8f3-716cd32e7335.jpg

94cd8c20-d585-42d5-bd10-ff6a1beedeb8.jpg

mcweb.... you are AWESOME!

I love it!! Very cool, and yes, glass-like.

I showed it to tenacious_dml (my caching partner) and of course it's not tough enough, or tenacious enough, for him - but that's ok.

This one is excellent for me! (please do email the larger version if you don't mind)

Thank you

:lol:

Nancy