Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

NOTE:

It would be great if this topic can be pinned....there are so many requests. I will try and do what I can but if anyone else wants to jump in and make some they are more than welcome....really like the mustard devil.

ALSO:

If you are making a request.....

1. Make sure to post more than just asking for one.....what are your ideas....are you male....female....what type of GPS do you have.......what is the meaning of your name.....etc

2. I may do others before yours because I have an idea or it may be easy to roll out

3. I may not get to yours at all.

4. Please be patient.

If you are going to post and avatar for someone else.....put there name first in Bold, Impact font, Largest, and Red. If you create more than one for them post to the same message or edit your existing one.

Thank You

AmishHacker

I have seen many on this site talk of Adobe Photoshop for Image editing. I froogled it, and found that is very expensive. The cheapest I could find it was for version 5.0 for $22.00, but am wondering what I can do with it that my current imaging suite, Microsoft Picture It, can't do. Sorry for making this it own thread!

Picture it is good at simple manipulations, but when you want to draw or make major changes it is a bit clumsy. For that matter Photoshop is not designed for creating new drawings either, it is just a more advanced manipulation software.

I can try to do some too, but not really from home, as I didn't install photoshop on the laptop last time I rebuilt it. :unsure:

That is why I submitted my request, also because I am not really as strong with online art tools as I am with paper and pencil and paint.

I had added a meridian yellow in my avatar's hand, as well as a geocaching logo on the t-shirt, but for whatever reason, they didn't come out when I posted the avatar. I just used the paint program that comes with windows, so maybe it didn't group the objects...I don't know..I'm a real novice with graphic artistry.

My name means nothing...just my husband's ititials and my initials. I thought we might geocache together, but we don't have time. So I cache with my son instead.

Wondering if you could complete my avatar?

1. Make sure to post more than just asking for one.....what are your ideas....are you male....female....what type of GPS do you have.......what is the meaning of your name.....etc

2. I may do others before yours because I have an idea or it may be easy to roll out

4. Please be patient.

If you are going to post and avatar for someone else.....put there name first in Bold, Impact font, Largest, and Red. If you create more than one for them post to the same message or edit your existing one.

Thank You

AmishHacker

Okay -- here's my official request. I love that my dog is in my avatar, but it does need to be punched up some more.

1. I'd like something with a greyhound dog, maybe running to a cache? I'm a female, and use a SporTrak Map. My name is simply a name I used at other places on the internet and just means that I love greyhounds!

2. I don't mind waiting...

3. I would love you forever if you can do this for me...

4. I am very patient...

And if someone else has an idea, I would love to see it as well!

THANK YOU!!!

Bec :unsure:

On setting an avatar:

First, you will need to save the image from here to your computer. Do this by right-clicking the image and selecting "save picture as". Give it a name, and remember where you put it. You'll be needing it again in a minute.

Go to the main Geocaching.com page, then click to "My Cache Page", "Edit Profile", and scroll down to where it says "Your Avatar". Click on "Change/Edit".

You should now be at the "Choose My Avatar" page. If you don't yet have an avatar, you'll need to upload one first. Click on "Upload a new image" to go to the "User Image Upload" page. Click "Browse" to open a file browser window, where you need to tell it the directory and filename where you saved your avatar image earlier (told you you'd need it again). Select your image file from the window, and click "open". You might want to give it a caption of a word or two in the next blank down. Finally, click the "upload" button to actually upload your file to the site.

When the transfer is done, your avatar will appear, with a choice to edit it if you like. Click where it says "my details". This will bring you back to your account details, so you'll have to go back down to where it says "your avatar" and click "change/edit" again to get back to the "choose my avatar" screen.

From here, click the avatar you wish to use. It will show up on the right hand side of the screen, with a "select Avatar" button above it. Clicking the button will reload the page, and the button will be greyed out and read "current avatar" instead. Then, you will need to click on the link that says "re-register the changes". This will take you to the forum login screen. Click on "Enter the Groundspeak Forums" to, well, enter the Groundspeak forums. You should then have your avatar.

Go to the "Test Posting Area" in the "Getting Started" forum to post a test message and make sure your avatar is working and looks like you want it to.

It's a bit convoluted, but I suppose it's done that way for a reason... :unsure:

Edited by Seamus

I would love a new avitar. I'm not at all good with graphics, so I just used a clipart I found. No rush, just when you have time, if you feel like it.

Info:

name: McWeb : derivied from part of my last name (Mc) and part of my maiden name (Web).

I would love something coresponding to geocaching. I was also in the Air Force for 6 years and worked on F-15s. I'm now an Air Force dependent who is attending school (going into radiology). I live in Texas, but I'm originally from Utah.

If you think of anything cool to do with any of that I would greatly appreciate it. I think I would like to see something combining my Air Force experience with geocaching. Thanks in advance, and don't worry about it if you don't have time.

McWeb

I was hoping that possibly someone could help me out with my avatar a little bit. Basically it's just too bland.

But there's two major things about it that I'd like changed:

1. I'd be happy if the dog looked a bit more like a golden retriever or a lab. That's the major thing about it.

2. It could use a little bit of color, but I can't think of any way to add color without it looking too horrible.

So, if anyone would be willing to give a stab at improving either of the two things about my avatar, you can find the large, clean, full version at my profile...\

Edited by TeamK-9
I love geocaching and I love the Denver Broncos. That would be way cool to have the denver bronco emblem with a gps in it of where next years super bowl is being played. That would be way cool to see that.

Upinyachit

You didn't tell me you were a Bronco fan, Duane! That's so cool, we should head up to a game together.

I would like more than one avatar so I can save them. Everytime texasgeocaching changes something I lose mine there!

Started geocaching August 2001 and I use a Garmin GPS 12.

It was July 5th, 2001, I was with Jan at Hampton Courts( you know-Henry 8ths palace!) We were in the gift shop, Jan picks up a jar of Devils Mustard, turned to me and smiled as she said" From now on, I'll call you the Mustard Devil :bad:

Some great graphic work in this thread:) Could someone put a Garmin 76 in limbo guys hand and maybe a cache in front of him.( also eliminate the other guy in the background)

PDOP is an expression of the accuracy of a GPS fix ,and like EPE, Lower is Better :bad:

Edited by PDOP's
Team GPSaxophone Posted on Jun 6 2004, 03:03 PM

QUOTE (upinyachit @ Jun 6 2004, 04:50 PM)

I love geocaching and I love the Denver Broncos. That would be way cool to have the Denver bronco emblem with a gps in it of where next years super bowl is being played. That would be way cool to see that.

Upinyachit 

You didn't tell me you were a Bronco fan, Duane! That's so cool, we should head up to a game together. 

You must not have noticed my Bronco tattoo at the picnic. Anyway, my wife is an extreme Denver bronco fan and would love to go to a Bronco game. We should start a geocachers tailgate party or something. That would be way cool to plan ahead and get tickets now.

Team GPSaxophone Posted on Jun 6 2004, 03:03 PM

QUOTE (upinyachit @ Jun 6 2004, 04:50 PM)

I love geocaching and I love the Denver Broncos. That would be way cool to have the Denver bronco emblem with a gps in it of where next years super bowl is being played. That would be way cool to see that.

Upinyachit 

You must not have noticed my Bronco tattoo at the picnic. Anyway, my wife is an extreme Denver bronco fan and would love to go to a Bronco game. We should start a geocachers tailgate party or something. That would be way cool to plan ahead and get tickets now.

Now that you mention it, I do remember Katie's bronco sweatshirt

If you are making a request.....

4. Please be patient.

Ok here's my request if you can do it. I'm looking to get a cartoonish looking porcupine and incorporate a Garmin GPSMap60CS into it somehow. I'm a male and my name is a nickname I picked up when I was in the service. It stuck with me ever since. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Wow, this is like christmas - post what you want and maybe santa will bring it! Anyway, here's what I'd like: the geocaching logo, with its graphic and 4 colors, made round and superimposed on a picture of the earth as seen from space. Does that make sense?

Thanks to all those talented people who are doing this!

Anyway, here's what I'd like:  the geocaching logo, with its graphic and 4 colors, made round and superimposed on a picture of the earth as seen from space.

One small problem with that. Here's a quote from Jeremy on the subject

"Please don't make derivatives of the logo. Legal mumbo jumbo forces me to say this. Come up with something unique and original."
Wow, this is like christmas - post what you want and maybe santa will bring it! Anyway, here's what I'd like: the geocaching logo, with its graphic and 4 colors, made round and superimposed on a picture of the earth as seen from space. Does that make sense?

Thanks to all those talented people who are doing this!

Since our elders have already reminded us that derived works of the geocaching logo are clearly prohibited, perhaps you should amend your Christmas list...

NP....it is the same size as your old logo btw. :bad: Wow I need to really do some real work. Might be back later tonight.

Hmmm...let me try and shrink one down for ya

There Try that small one ^^^^^^^^^^posted up there^^^^^^^

Edited by AmishHacker

Hello:

I would be ever so grateful for an Avatar. I am female, have a garmin Legend geocacher...Cloudchaser is a name that suits my personality. I'm a bit of a dreamer..you know..always being told to get my head out of the clouds..but I haven't found any way to put that into an avatar that relates to caching.

Thank you so much ito anyone who can come up with something for me!

Edited by Cloudchaser
Hello:

I would be ever so grateful for an Avatar. I am female, have a garmin Legend geocacher...Cloudchaser is a name that suits my personality. I'm a bit of a dreamer..you know..always being told to get my head out of the clouds..but I haven't found any way to put that into an avatar that relates to caching.

Thank you so much ito anyone who can come up with something for me!

I got an idea for ya but its to late tonight....tomorrow night :bad:

"Please don't make derivatives of the logo. Legal mumbo jumbo forces me to say this. Come up with something unique and original."

Somehow, I see an uncanny resemblance of the "GeoCache" logo to another logo I've seen somewhere . . . maybe there should be some guidelines . . . ;)

34727395-e8dd-011D0108-.jpg

geocaching_logo6.jpg

:bad:

Rick