Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

OK SORRY for asking this way but I DO NOT have any picture to show

here.... Could someone TRY one for me ?

I like Aliens ( Gray Roswell type ) and it's hard to find a picture to have

some work done.

If you have any Idea or could do some ART work for me I will THANK YOU for the hard work...

Let's see some cool work please. Thank you

( maybe could be used for a Signature coin or Signature Card )

M.TEX

singloon.jpg

?

Thanks.. second email obviously did the trick. Don't know what happened the first time.

This looks great so far.. just a small couple tweaks. Please make the notes a little smaller, because I want to add a few more. My first name is Emma, so I want the notes to sort of look like my name.

The "E" is at the top of the measure, so should be higher than the rest, with the tail pointing downward on the left side of the note.

Since there is no "M" as a musical note, I thought the "M"'s should be 2 triplets (3 notes whose tails are connected at the top, to kind of look like an "M"). Notes should be lower than the "E", with tails pointing upward and to the right of the notes.

The "A" is a lower note on the measure, so should have the tail pointing upwards, and to the right of the note.

Not sure how all that will fit, but hopefully it will look ok!! Thanks again for all your work on this.. it's really looking great! :lol:

Tell you what...

If you find the notes, I'll assemble it.

PM sent with notes.

Could I have a bird (maybe something like a Black-Breasted Grosbeak of Lazuli Bunting... something native to Utah), holding a GPS OR Ammo Box in it's feet?

EDIT: Or it could be landed on a ammo box, that would work too...

Edited by UtahnBirder

Could I have a bird (maybe something like a Black-Breasted Grosbeak of Lazuli Bunting... something native to Utah), holding a GPS OR Ammo Box in it's feet?

Here's one ..

Hard to get much detail in only 75 pixels square!

birder.jpg

Another with a little border....

birder2.jpg

Wait ... I'll turn the bird around....

I think it looks better to have the bird looking into the forum ... :)

birder3.jpg

birder4.jpg

Edited by BC & MsKitty

I'll jump in the soup here. I have no ability when it comes to this sort of thing, and would love a bit of help. Here's me;

I'm a male who generally caches with his 3 kids. I use a colorado 300. The name is simple; first name starts with a J and the last name translates roughly to goat herder from portuguese. Please help :laughing:

Here's one ..

Hard to get much detail in only 75 pixels square!

birder.jpg

Another with a little border....

birder2.jpg

Wait ... I'll turn the bird around....

I think it looks better to have the bird looking into the forum ... :laughing:

birder3.jpg

birder4.jpg

Thank you very much, I like the background too ;)

If this offer still stands, anyone...

I'd like an aviation based Avatar as I am a new pilot. I like the classic era when aviation was new; like the old bi-planes and mail planes like the Jenny...

Hi.. I used to be a pilot of sorts... just little stuff, mostly gliders... and sport parachutist etc.

This isn't all that great, but I'm looking at your current image... then over at my grandfathers pics... this is a bit of one he took during the early days of the Royal Flying Corps (Canada) when down at Hicks Field in DFW area of Texas... I cleaned it up a lot and

cropped it down to size... It's a JN4 -C Canuck that was used to train Canadian and quite a few US pilots down there in the early years... I think I could redo the sky to resemble your current image... but they worked in B/W in those days... he was an aerial photographer in those days. Anyway I'm thinking about other possibilities including a complete redraw, but... I'll wait for comments.

Sorry there isn't much detail, but 75x75 eats a lot of it. I have the larger originals as well but this is for avatar.

Just a try... Do you have any other ideas??

jn4c75.jpg

Doug 7rxc

If this offer still stands, anyone...

I'd like an aviation based Avatar as I am a new pilot. I like the classic era when aviation was new; like the old bi-planes and mail planes like the Jenny...

Hi.. I used to be a pilot of sorts... just little stuff, mostly gliders... and sport parachutist etc.

This isn't all that great, but I'm looking at your current image... then over at my grandfathers pics... this is a bit of one he took during the early days of the Royal Flying Corps (Canada) when down at Hicks Field in DFW area of Texas... I cleaned it up a lot and

cropped it down to size... It's a JN4 -C Canuck that was used to train Canadian and quite a few US pilots down there in the early years... I think I could redo the sky to resemble your current image... but they worked in B/W in those days... he was an aerial photographer in those days. Anyway I'm thinking about other possibilities including a complete redraw, but... I'll wait for comments.

Sorry there isn't much detail, but 75x75 eats a lot of it. I have the larger originals as well but this is for avatar.

Just a try... Do you have any other ideas??

jn4c75.jpg

Doug 7rxc

I'd love to see what you can do with this one and would be honored to have permission to use this! I'd also love to see more from your grandfather's collection! How neat!

I'd love to see what you can do with this one and would be honored to have permission to use this! I'd also love to see more from your grandfather's collection! How neat!

OK, I'll see what I can do... As for the collection, sadly I don't have the main albums, just some 'rejects'... I'm trying to see which family member ended up with them... was supposed to be my brother, but sister may have, or they may be gone forever... a long story... sad. If you care to see a few I've salvaged for another purpose, try this cache... based on Hicks Field.

LHYMNKA - Hicks Field Bombing Target

I cleaned up a few and posted them there as my thanks for a walk down memory lane... One I DON'T Have shows a JN4C in flight, halfway between hangar doors, it did not dive in or have any chance of pulling out... it was going through... Bear that in mind when looking at the field shots... I believe there were 14 hangars at the time, in a row! I want a copy of that one for sure.

Another missing one shows a chap with an aerial camera who is pointing it toward my gramps plane... he shot the pic I've seen.

The other guy was out at the last strut on the right side of that JN4 hanging on the strut. It took me a few years (I was a kid then) to figure out the significance of the lack of struts/wires in my gramps picture... Duh! HE was out on the left wing end strut of HIS aircraft... He admitted it later on... also pointed out HE wasn't dumb enough to jump out of one... like me.

Got to run, but I'll put the creative cap on and start with some colourization of the background... you might want to save that one that I put up... for reference later... I'm likely to just change that image, but I keep my copies here... Still interested in what you might like otherwise... others may also make offerings, I'm not the greatest artist, but do draw out what people want well.

EDIT: Decided to post another here... found a better 'sunrise'

jn4cdawn75.jpg

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

For Ready Set Geaux August got by most of us I fear... could you be a bit more specific about what you have in mind...

So far I saw colours, a penchant for a LSU team, kids (4?) and a green suv... I'm looking through your profile for input, but

what sort of combination do you see when you close your eyes... we would need some guide to work from... my current project above has a base idea, so I made a suggestion to him... now it goes to discussion and improvement... Thanks... There are many good artists here, but we've been caching or other projects (long winter here).

For TerraViators, same thing, can you be a bit more specific, want wise... when I put TV and trombone together, I keep coming up with

Riker on Star Trek, TNG... but I think that was wrong style... you want swing band? or something else?

Remember that avatars go at 75x75 pixels... profile images larger (I don't know the limit there). Fine detail goes away!

Doug 7rxc

For Ready Set Geaux August got by most of us I fear... could you be a bit more specific about what you have in mind...

So far I saw colours, a penchant for a LSU team, kids (4?) and a green suv... I'm looking through your profile for input, but

what sort of combination do you see when you close your eyes... we would need some guide to work from... my current project above has a base idea, so I made a suggestion to him... now it goes to discussion and improvement... Thanks... There are many good artists here, but we've been caching or other projects (long winter here).

For TerraViators, same thing, can you be a bit more specific, want wise... when I put TV and trombone together, I keep coming up with

Riker on Star Trek, TNG... but I think that was wrong style... you want swing band? or something else?

Remember that avatars go at 75x75 pixels... profile images larger (I don't know the limit there). Fine detail goes away!

LOL, Riker! I remember that. Sure, swing is good. It doesn't have to be TV.

Doug 7rxc

OK, I'll see what I can do... As for the collection, sadly I don't have the main albums, just some 'rejects'... I'm trying to see which family member ended up with them... was supposed to be my brother, but sister may have, or they may be gone forever... a long story... sad. If you care to see a few I've salvaged for another purpose, try this cache... based on Hicks Field.

LHYMNKA - Hicks Field Bombing Target

I cleaned up a few and posted them there as my thanks for a walk down memory lane... One I DON'T Have shows a JN4C in flight, halfway between hangar doors, it did not dive in or have any chance of pulling out... it was going through... Bear that in mind when looking at the field shots... I believe there were 14 hangars at the time, in a row! I want a copy of that one for sure.

Another missing one shows a chap with an aerial camera who is pointing it toward my gramps plane... he shot the pic I've seen.

The other guy was out at the last strut on the right side of that JN4 hanging on the strut. It took me a few years (I was a kid then) to figure out the significance of the lack of struts/wires in my gramps picture... Duh! HE was out on the left wing end strut of HIS aircraft... He admitted it later on... also pointed out HE wasn't dumb enough to jump out of one... like me.

Got to run, but I'll put the creative cap on and start with some colourization of the background... you might want to save that one that I put up... for reference later... I'm likely to just change that image, but I keep my copies here... Still interested in what you might like otherwise... others may also make offerings, I'm not the greatest artist, but do draw out what people want well.

EDIT: Decided to post another here... found a better 'sunrise'

jn4cdawn75.jpg

Doug 7rxc

Very cool!

eeaea62f-cc0f-40a6-bf95-61d6eb3b0036.jpg

I really like this one. The guy is in a perfect position. Just one issue with the bike itself. Did anyone notice that there is a derailure on the rear of this bike. Problem is this is a track bike, and in track racing, only single speed, fixed gear bikes without shifters, derailures, or brakes are allowed. Besides, it shows a derailure but no shifter, not on the down tube, not on the bar ends, and not on the hoods.

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>Just messing with you Amish Hacker, all that is true, but dont bother fixing it. I am the only one obssed enough to find that. GREAT WORK</span>

Maybe the bike is an automatic???

The quality of the Avatars is just amazing. I have had help with three that have been loved by my two kids and myself.

I am hoping someone can help with a avatar creation, and one I can enlarge and put on a shirt. I would like to combine two elements one a basic bike design (example shown) with the back wheel being the seal (actual seal shown). I am not looking for a lot of detail in the bike.

2010WGM-pin.jpg

5755246542_c84823dce8_s.jpg

I know that this request is a little bit specific but I could really use the help. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Kidatheart

Following through on my email to you (did you see it?).

This is just roughout for checking for desired content and to demonstrate a bit of what happens with .jpg images here...

Of course a finished scalable .eps or such would be different creature... Like I said this is just rough.

First is based on scale/size of your first sample (the bike), second is cropped and resized to our avatar limits, and the third is resized larger and cleaned up a bit on the bike. A first rate job might need better source images for the scalable product.

I'm really just getting started, and there are others here that are much better, I'll do what I can starting with the groundwork as to exactly what you want.

Mandbike200a.jpgMandbike75a.jpgMbike300a.jpg

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

Following through on my email to you (did you see it?).

This is just roughout for checking for desired content and to demonstrate a bit of what happens with .jpg images here...

Of course a finished scalable .eps or such would be different creature... Like I said this is just rough.

First is based on scale/size of your first sample (the bike), second is cropped and resized to our avatar limits, and the third is resized larger and cleaned up a bit on the bike. A first rate job might need better source images for the scalable product.

I'm really just getting started, and there are others here that are much better, I'll do what I can starting with the groundwork as to exactly what you want.

Mandbike200a.jpgMandbike75a.jpgMbike300a.jpg

Doug 7rxc

That is the idea I was thinking of for the bike. I will try and send you another seal.

Thanks again so much.

The quality of the Avatars is just amazing. I have had help with three that have been loved by my two kids and myself.

I am hoping someone can help with a avatar creation, and one I can enlarge and put on a shirt. I would like to combine two elements one a basic bike design (example shown) with the back wheel being the seal (actual seal shown). I am not looking for a lot of detail in the bike.

2010WGM-pin.jpg

5755246542_c84823dce8_s.jpg

I know that this request is a little bit specific but I could really use the help. Thank you in advance.

Here are a couple. The diagonal lets the logo be a tiny bit bigger on the forum av. Still pretty hard to read at that size, unfortunately. Found a different copy of the logo for the larger ones. Hope that's okay. :)

kidatheart-av.jpg

kidatheart-av-H.jpg

kidatheart-H.jpg

kidatheartlg.jpg

Good one for StarBrand... and Welcome back to mizdeeds... thought you would drop by if I made enough noise...

I looked for that graphic of the seal, but didn't find one. For avatar it will always be hard to read regardless...

Did you have thoughts about his scalable image (shirts, hat etc.) I have zero practical experience with that, except to learn that my software messes up .eps files by stripping out any vector information... ha ha. I've asked Shawn about how he expects to do that.

See all my 3 are now showing... wierd site today, they come and go for me... not sure about other people.

Edit: OH that little one... first one I saw... just forgot scaling... duh!

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

How about one for me, please. Go crazy with it. TerraViators loosely translates from Latin to Land Travelers. The locals call me TV so that's why you see what you see.

Haven't forgot you! Just busy... and thinking... You had to translate that didn't you... wasn't sure where you put the emphasis... but now I know you place it normally... I was thinking that it might have been aViators given what I was doing when you first asked... mizdeeds probably has ideas though! I'll still do what I was going to aviation wise..

Doug 7rxc

Amish Hacker, I really like the work youve done for others and am curious if you would be so kind to design something for me? My caching name is Geo Ferret...

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration!!!

Roger

a.k.a. Geo Ferret

I noticed this on my watch list... Should comment that your chances of getting Amish Hacker is slight these days, but there are lots of us who do try to help out when possible. There are some good artists here, and then there is me... ha.

I'm going to offer one up as a point of discussion about just what you wanted (in your minds eye that is). Please bear in mind that the big problem is in the size... we create for 75x75 pixels, which is hard enough, now that is at a display size of 48x48 for now.

Anyway here is a quick and dirty start to an idea. More is possible of course, just trying for a fit.

1ferret150.jpg

At 150x150 and then shrunk to 75x75. The background is what I use on mine to make it 'float' so to speak, but I did not waste time on doing an image... I did add a random (not yours) GPS in hand... for effect only.

1ferret75.jpg

Feel free to comment, I'm sure some of the others will kick in when they get a chance as well. I'm just getting enough free time to get back in the swing slowly this winter.

Doug 7rxc

Doug,

Thanks for your response, sent you a reply via email but thought to post it here as well for others interested. When I first thought of wanting an avatar I originally thought of like an earth globe in the GX symbol or the GX symbol faded a bit on the globe and with a ferrents upper boddy behind and above the globe... Similar to the Mozilla Firefox symbol but not exactly like that... hope that spawns some ideas!

Roger

Doug,

Thanks for your response, sent you a reply via email but thought to post it here as well for others interested. When I first thought of wanting an avatar I originally thought of like an earth globe in the GX symbol or the GX symbol faded a bit on the globe and with a ferrents upper boddy behind and above the globe... Similar to the Mozilla Firefox symbol but not exactly like that... hope that spawns some ideas!

Roger

Sorry to jump in late, but I don't seem to get these posts until after 2 or 3 have been posted. Here's one:

geoferrett-av.jpg

Doug,

Roger

Sorry to jump in late, but I don't seem to get these posts until after 2 or 3 have been posted. Here's one:

geoferrett-av.jpg

Hi, nice to see you again! I have to go create my version of that, but I think that's great. I just was emailing Roger for more details. I'm going with my roughout, but it will be similar. That seems to be what he wants.

BTW, not knowing you were back, I actually gave you a good reference to him. Have you been following the shrinking avatar topic,

Even though they are still 75x75, the GC site is using 48x48 and we get blessed with it as well... may get fixed, but it's something to consider... that is what the 48 size appears like.

Doug 7rxc

Hi, nice to see you again! I have to go create my version of that, but I think that's great. I just was emailing Roger for more details. I'm going with my roughout, but it will be similar. That seems to be what he wants.

BTW, not knowing you were back, I actually gave you a good reference to him. Have you been following the shrinking avatar topic,

Even though they are still 75x75, the GC site is using 48x48 and we get blessed with it as well... may get fixed, but it's something to consider... that is what the 48 size appears like.

Doug 7rxc

Hello and thank you! I am not in the forums very often any more and rely on the email notifications to keep up on the threads I follow. It seems now that I don't get these until there have been a few posts, so I miss a lot, or am very far behind by the time I see it!

Yes, I noticed that the actual avatars were smaller than the sample I posted. Wonder why they keep making them smaller? Pretty soon it will be useless to have one because nobody will be able to see it! :)

I do enjoy messing with the avatars, as you do. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

I had a bit of time to rough out some more... not my best work yet... I'm out of practice.

First what I had in mind eventually, but after Geo Ferrets email I wasn't quite as sure... at very least I would have to find another drawing to better mimic FF. This is my first draft image from previous, fitted around a public domain clipart globe.

gfx1150.jpg and gfx175.jpg

After looking at that, I'm still not sure, I did go and find the 'leatherman' Gx and tried it on, but it wasn't what I remembered, have to go look for another version or draw one. I did use it in my second leaning, amongst the interruptions this PM.

Personally I now favour this approach, even has room for text when I get it cleaned up. Allows for a larger ferret, speaking of which I found a larger version for source, have to run them all again later for better resolution... from scratch, then try reassembling it.

Idea two is here.

gfx2150.jpg and gfx275.jpg

I'm guessing how close 'X' is to the spot, Roger. :rolleyes:

Speaking of Roger... do you have this on a watch list? It will send you an email like we get when there is activity here. Watch Topic button is on the top bar of the page.

Now I have to go back to housework for a while. Later.

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

Ive been out of pocket for a couple weeks but have keeping an eye on this forum. Im still liking the globe with the GX on my state but my ferret needs work lol, he doesnt necessarily need the GPS in paw though but...

Roger

Hi Roger... I had sent you an email asking for info on what you figure needed changing... I have been busy digging out almost daily, but now things have slowed... I did start reworking that one with better graphic version on the basic parts... just haven't had a lot of time... One thing I forgot to ask, regardless of it needs one in 'paw'.. What GPS/device do you use? I was using the 450 as a place holder while roughing out. I am also 'adjusting' positioning trying for MORE Ferret less Geo, but it looks like we are going to be stuck with the small size image 48x48 for now. Which leaves out a lot of detail... they said it would go back to 75 somewhere.

Doug 7rxc