Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

capedrA.jpg

WOW that's spot on!!!!!!

I'll use that!

Is one last tweak possible? Can I be so bold to ask?

If the left over bit of flower could be cloned out (front left) and the geocaching colors could be put onto the sea, radiating out (following vague lines out from the mouth and beard). (Is that allowed?)

Something like this:

e248ddd3-bd77-4928-8bf7-e4cf480fef7f.jpg

only with the colors filling the sea and blurring together,maybe a little transparant and the lines more aimed at the mouth. (See why I need the help?) :P

If this is becoming a hassle please say so, I am really happy with result so far!

capedrA.jpg

WOW that's spot on!!!!!!

I'll use that!

Is one last tweak possible? Can I be so bold to ask?

If the left over bit of flower could be cloned out (front left) and the geocaching colors could be put onto the sea, radiating out (following vague lines out from the mouth and beard). (Is that allowed?)

Something like this:

e248ddd3-bd77-4928-8bf7-e4cf480fef7f.jpg

only with the colors filling the sea and blurring together,maybe a little transparant and the lines more aimed at the mouth. (See why I need the help?) :P

If this is becoming a hassle please say so, I am really happy with result so far!

Like this?

capedrB.jpg

Is this just for avatars? I need some artwork help for T-shirts I am making.

I help, when I have time, for things that aren't for profit.

If something is for profit, I still might help but my generosity is a little more limited. :anibad:

Not for profit. :anitongue:

Is this just for avatars? I need some artwork help for T-shirts I am making.

What exactly is it you're looking for? I might be able to help, but my abilities are pretty limited.

I always have ideas for T-shirts. (I buy woot shirts every once and a while when they are my style.) I am trying to figure out a way to make shirts with my ideas for my son. I'd really like to find an inexpensive way to screen print. I guess I just need to keep searching web sites to try and get the details.

Example: Paris Hilton holding a cup of coffee up. (The coffee is more prominent.) Obviously the shirt would read: "That's hot." It's not the best idea, but it is a play on words, at least i think it is. I would think it would need to be a line drawing.

Preface: My grandma is crazy.

Years ago I made a shirt that said "I know I'm not crazy..." on the back it said "because I smell ham and bacon!" (It was just a printer transfer.)

My grandma told my sister that. Apparently she thought there was a tunnel from her basement to the neighbors house and she could smell the neighbors cooking breakfast. The bad thing about it was that I wore it to a NAMI meeting and people could only see the front of the shirt. In retrospect that wasn't such a great idea. :laughing:

Do you have any other ideas? The Paris Hilton idea is beyond me.

NOTE:

It would be great if this topic can be pinned....there are so many requests. I will try and do what I can but if anyone else wants to jump in and make some they are more than welcome....really like the mustard devil.

ALSO:

If you are making a request.....

1. Make sure to post more than just asking for one.....what are your ideas....are you male....female....what type of GPS do you have.......what is the meaning of your name.....etc

2. I may do others before yours because I have an idea or it may be easy to roll out

3. I may not get to yours at all.

4. Please be patient.

If you are going to post and avatar for someone else.....put there name first in Bold, Impact font, Largest, and Red. If you create more than one for them post to the same message or edit your existing one.

Thank You

AmishHacker

Hi. If this offer is still open, we would love to have you make an avatar for us and we are more than willing to wait. Our name is Afternoonshift because our friends all like to get up at 5 or 6 in the morning but we are more 'afternoon' people. We are a husband and wife team and have an Oregon 400T and a Map60cs. Hobbies include RVing, campfires with good friends and radio-controlled model airplane flying and it would be cool to mingle some of that into the avatar.

Thanks so much for this service!

Edited by Afternoonshift

Is it still possible to ask for an avatar design? I'd like one I can also use for a sig item, so I'd like my GC ID on it. I'd also like to pay tribute to my most loyal geocaching companions: my dogs. I'm constantly being asked if they are wolf-hybrids (they aren't) so if there was something with a wolf-ish look, that'd be fabulous.

Thanks for your consideration! UPSgirl

de27ed93-8c1e-415c-ab35-7399c0dbf560.jpg

Is there anyone out there that would like to create a cool avatar for me? I think it would be cool if 5 - 10 people came up with designs. I'll donate a Geocoin to the person whose design I choose. Thanks for the help.

About Me:

I am hoping it will represent my user name JoeSpaz

I was thinking a lighting bolt for the "z" would be neat

I am a music major and I play trombone

I really like the idea of CITO

I am trying to start a local group called F.A.M.E. (Fremont Area Meet and Eat)

I am trying to be a TB caretaker

I just threw out some info about me, I don't expect it all to get used, if you have more questions please let me know. Thanks!

JoeSpaz

Is there anyone out there that would like to create a cool avatar for me? I think it would be cool if 5 - 10 people came up with designs. I'll donate a Geocoin to the person whose design I choose. Thanks for the help.

About Me:

I just threw out some info about me, I don't expect it all to get used, if you have more questions please let me know. Thanks!

JoeSpaz

Here's a quick attempt

spaz.jpg

About Me:

JoeSpaz

Here's a quick attempt

spaz.jpg

Thanks for getting this started. I was looking for more focus on the user name. I was thinking that the the "z" could actually be the lightning bolt. The other idea were just in case.

As my brother said a Avatar should be a unique, easily recognizable, picture that shows a bit of your personality.

Please keep the ideas coming, I really appreciate the help!

Wow.

I got kind of burnt out on the Groundspeak forums, and have not logged in for some time. Then I see this thread is still active and WOW going along. I've not posted in this thread since 2006, back on page 39!!! Good to see some things are still the same.

Too bad the forum has changed from a kb max to an enforced 75X75 pixels, since it squishes down all the avatars which were a bit taller than 75, but still under the kb limit.

I guess I'll have to make a new one for myself now, so it can fit without squishing.

About Me:

JoeSpaz

An option...

6b3c84cc-5dc9-4f9b-a755-bb22d381270e.jpg

About Me:

JoeSpaz

An option...

That looks great. I would think the lightning bolt should rotate a little bit more though. It reads as "span" for me.

About Me:

JoeSpaz

An option...

That looks great. I would think the lightning bolt should rotate a little bit more though. It reads as "span" for me.

To me, I didn't even realize the lightning bolt was a letter at first. I thought it said "Joe Spa" as a result. Then I scrolled up to see the actual username. Otherwise, it looks like a really nice icon.

To me, I didn't even realize the lightning bolt was a letter at first. I thought it said "Joe Spa" as a result. Then I scrolled up to see the actual username. Otherwise, it looks like a really nice icon.

Good points...

2a355665-e925-4618-9ada-0d1843b2cc80.jpg

This is looking good!

I was wondering about making the "O" face the same size as the letters, and making all the letters the same size.

How would it look if the whole design was turned at a 45 degree angle?

As I scrolled down the page quickly, I noticed this appeared as a blur. What color scheme could we use to make it POP off the page more?

Edited by joespaz

This is looking good!

I was wondering about making the "O" face the same size as the letters, and making all the letters the same size.

No problem.

You'd loose a lot of pixels, since the space is only 75X75 pixels.

As I scrolled down the page quickly, I noticed this appeared as a blur. What color scheme could we use to make it POP off the page more?

I'm open for suggestions on a different colour scheme.

Please suggest colours for various components, if this version is not quite there yet.

3a629bb7-08c4-4946-8f84-52f0f4c8083b.jpg

This is looking good!

No problem.

Please suggest colours for various components, if this version is not quite there yet.

Thank you so much for trying to incorporate my ideas.

I can see now that the variety of letter sizes actually adds a quirkiness that goes along with the "spaz" concept, keeping them the same size is to "normal."

Also...especially in the forums which are blue and white, the blue and white color scheme doesn't work at all. I was trying to thing about colors that would "POP" off the page.

I guess my biggest concern now is to make the "Z" feel like more of a part of the work Spaz. If the "z" is rotated more towards the alignment of the other letters, but...let it extend out above the "A" and off the the bottom right on the other side??

Once again thanks for trying to help me come up with a great avatar. Yours is very cool! Now how to tweak it just a bit....

This is looking good!

No problem.

Thank you so much for trying to incorporate my ideas.

I can see now that the variety of letter sizes actually adds a quirkiness that goes along with the "spaz" concept, keeping them the same size is to "normal."

Also...especially in the forums which are blue and white, the blue and white color scheme doesn't work at all. I was trying to thing about colors that would "POP" off the page.

I guess my biggest concern now is to make the "Z" feel like more of a part of the work Spaz. If the "z" is rotated more towards the alignment of the other letters, but...let it extend out above the "A" and off the the bottom right on the other side??

Once again thanks for trying to help me come up with a great avatar. Yours is very cool! Now how to tweak it just a bit....

OK...

* made the "O" a bit bigger again.

* altered the "Z" to try and match your description

* put orange against the light blue. Orange is opposite blue on the colour wheel, and this creates high contrast.

* left the smiley face yellow, since smiley faces are yellow.

22921011-478d-4b5e-a1a3-43df5d3b2dc8.jpg

Oh and I had one more idea right after I posted...

* rotated and jumbled the "SPA" a little to indicate some more "SPAZ!"

edc7824a-87db-494c-b4b0-faa813246510.jpg

messed with the colours, just to see what it would look like.

I think you have done an awesome job on this one and been very patient considering it was free.

If it were me, I would have done, maybe, 3 changes and then quit.

I applaud your work and think it's great on this last incarnation.

Oh and I had one more idea right after I posted...

* rotated and jumbled the "SPA" a little to indicate some more "SPAZ!"

edc7824a-87db-494c-b4b0-faa813246510.jpg

messed with the colours, just to see what it would look like.

I think you have done an awesome job on this one and been very patient considering it was free.

If it were me, I would have done, maybe, 3 changes and then quit.

I applaud your work and think it's great on this last incarnation.

I agree...I think you have done an awesome job!!! I love the jumbling of the letters, I think it makes the "z" more effective. The colors are bold and eye catching. I really do appreciate your work.

I am working on making tags that get attached to TB's, Stash notes for caches that don't have one, and special "JoeSpaz Treasure Chest" sig items. Is it okay if I use this avatar on those items too? Will this look okay if I print it in black and white?

I would say you are the winner of my contest! I would like to send you a "Geocoin" as a prize. You can either get an unactivated one, or I can activate one and "adopt" it over to you. If you want an unactivated coin, I can mail it to you. If you prefer to adopt one, then I can send it out at my upcoming "F.A.M.E. Travel Bug Photo Shoot" event this Sunday.

Congratulations! Thanks for your help!

Someone told me that if the background color was "clear" or "translucent" it would woek on any backround, and wouldn't look like it was in a box.

Unfortunately the upload pic page states...

"Final images will always be converted to jpg."

JPG file type does not allow a clear or transparent background, so our hands are tied.

(pls someone correct me if you know a way to have GIF/transparant avatars)

Joe - I sent you a private message, yes you can use this image for any purpose.

Edited by Dino Hunters

Is there anyone out there who could turn a YouTube clip into an animated gif? I'd like to use it for another site that allows animated avatars.

:):laughing:

If you can crop the video to center the action, that would be even better!

Thanks in advance.

For some reason my download program won't pull that vid. Otherwise I could do it for you.

For some reason my download program won't pull that vid. Otherwise I could do it for you.

I find that my dl program won't grab some u tube videos so I fire up Internet explorer, open th page, clear the temp internet files, run the video, and pull it from the temporary internet files. If you watch the video, it will be there. Haven't figured out how to do that with firefox! :)

Edited by BC & MsKitty

Is there anyone out there who could turn a YouTube clip into an animated gif? I'd like to use it for another site that allows animated avatars.

:):laughing:

If you can crop the video to center the action, that would be even better!

Thanks in advance.

How bout this? I took the liberty of cropping and resizing for a 100 pixel limit avatar.

FrogFail.gif

How bout this? I took the liberty of cropping and resizing for a 100 pixel limit avatar.

FrogFail.gif

Looks good. Mind if I ask for(perhaps) most of us, what software you used to convert it...

I got bogged down on the catching it, and have been doing it by hand (that later, if at all)...

Anyone know how copyright applies, I was following the information looking for an easier to grab

source file... ended on the creators website. Decided not to wholesale process for that reason, but am using the percentage rule and credit, IF I post it at all... Still thinking.

Another point, since other sites allow different sizes of avatars, did anyone find out the finish size expected, I haven't seen one listed so I'm still 'smaller' but still big right now. Also playing with other aspects.

Doug