Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

I'm rather short on free time at the moment, but if BC & Ms Kitty doesn't get to it first and they don't mind, I can do it probably tomorrow.

Also, Doug, the hand-drawn lightning looks really cool!! Good job!

-Rozie

I might get time this afternoon. It'll be quick because I still have it in all the layers.

Actually I was going to say no way, because I missed the first note on this and thought it was just someone wanting to use the avvie I put together for Too Cool! :unsure:

Anyone have time/energy to take a crack at ours? We like the basic concept, just want a little more pizazz. The basics of it are we are both Cancer hence the moon, both women hence the female symbol and then we added the compass points. Would love something we could make a pathtag out of.

I haven't been around in quite a while, but had some free time at work this morning and was browsing the forums. You all are doing a great job in here, hope you don't mind me taking a stab at this one... :laughing:

wanderwomen-av.jpg

wanderwomen-lg.jpg

Anyone have time/energy to take a crack at ours? We like the basic concept, just want a little more pizazz. The basics of it are we are both Cancer hence the moon, both women hence the female symbol and then we added the compass points. Would love something we could make a pathtag out of.

I haven't been around in quite a while, but had some free time at work this morning and was browsing the forums. You all are doing a great job in here, hope you don't mind me taking a stab at this one... :laughing:

Are you kidding??? :lol:

Good job!

images removed by 7rxc for space.

That's a good one. Welcome back!

[edited ... my early thinking was befuddled and reconsidered... too much late night research I guess nothing important though]

Doug

Edited by 7rxc

Awesome! Thanks, that will make and awesome pathtag and avatar!

I haven't been around in quite a while, but had some free time at work this morning and was browsing the forums. You all are doing a great job in here, hope you don't mind me taking a stab at this one... :huh:

wanderwomen-av.jpg

wanderwomen-lg.jpg

Yessir... that one has what it takes to reproduce well... my efforts bogged down somewhat.

I had their best interests at heart... got my research etc. took their concept image...

And I don't think this looks all that bad at 400x 400 pixels... (BTW I'm still playing with it for practice).

BUT it's a good illustration of what happens to things when shrunk to avatar size 75 x 75.

The text went on me, the detail in the compass rose went on me, the moon was OK but collapsed, the venus glyph went ragged... just about everything... I still have hope on the idea, but it was test of nerves getting it this far. I lost files by 'thinking' I had saved changes, when I actually carried them over to a copy file then closing the one I made the changes to but not saving it. Then merged the layers on the one that stilll had them... SIGH! On the other hand it forced me to get practice recovering layers that were lost. THAT I'm good at. Just one of those days I'm afraid. Good thing it's a holiday weekend... Of course the beer might have something to do with it.... too.

Anyway here is what I have to this point, ASSUMING the darn thing will load properly... but I think I have that one figured... NO small version at this point, I want to rework the text and colour a bit more... this is just a claim to shame... sob sob.

ww400ps.jpg

Looks like it will work.

Doug

Thanks for the avatar, sorry I didnt have any decent clip art to work with. Thanks for putting the GPS in his arm, that looks good. Is it possible to swap the ammo box for the 4 color background.]

menehuneav3.jpg

I had to reverse him so the etrex didn't disappear in the yellow background.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. That's exactly what I was looking for.

~ Mahalo for your ko'kua~

Yessir... that one has what it takes to reproduce well... my efforts bogged down somewhat.

I had their best interests at heart... got my research etc. took their concept image...

And I don't think this looks all that bad at 400x 400 pixels... (BTW I'm still playing with it for practice).

BUT it's a good illustration of what happens to things when shrunk to avatar size 75 x 75.

The text went on me, the detail in the compass rose went on me, the moon was OK but collapsed, the venus glyph went ragged... just about everything... I still have hope on the idea, but it was test of nerves getting it this far. I lost files by 'thinking' I had saved changes, when I actually carried them over to a copy file then closing the one I made the changes to but not saving it. Then merged the layers on the one that stilll had them... SIGH! On the other hand it forced me to get practice recovering layers that were lost. THAT I'm good at. Just one of those days I'm afraid. Good thing it's a holiday weekend... Of course the beer might have something to do with it.... too.

Anyway here is what I have to this point, ASSUMING the darn thing will load properly... but I think I have that one figured... NO small version at this point, I want to rework the text and colour a bit more... this is just a claim to shame... sob sob.

ww400ps.jpg

Looks like it will work.

Doug

It looks very cool! Thanks for the efforts from both of you. I love what I am seeing!

Sorry about not responding earlier, was on vacation and had no internet. :(

Edited by WanderWomen

Awesome! Thanks, that will make and awesome pathtag and avatar!

You're welcome! Please let me know if you get it made into a Pathtag (or if you need help getting it into a Pathtag template) ... I'd like to get a few tags if you do.

:(

You got it! I think this one will be perfect for a pathtag! :ph34r:

I'm making a bit of progress on TRY #2... Got the compass better (simpler) and was able to make it larger by rearranging the furniture er props... If I can get the text to come along for the ride, should be able to shrink it without too much trouble... but text is a bit dicey at that size... WORKING on it though....

Also negotiating for new job (temporary, seasonal) but better than nothing... lots of challenges.

Probably means restricted caching though... I only need a few of them to be happy... few hundred that is.

Doug

We work many hours a week, so we don't get to cache very often at all... don't feel bad. My dad was up this weekend for Memorial day and he'd never been caching, so we took him to find one. Woohoo! It was a pretty cool one though... out at the reservoir where we were camping.

Good luck with your new job!

-Rozie

We work many hours a week, so we don't get to cache very often at all... don't feel bad. My dad was up this weekend for Memorial day and he'd never been caching, so we took him to find one. Woohoo! It was a pretty cool one though... out at the reservoir where we were camping.

Good luck with your new job!

-Rozie

Hi Roz... interestingly enough, I'm going to be working in the local campground... working towards being the manager at least in part... I looked after the washrooms and grounds when I came here 2 years back.

Always did more than requested... including having the time for the campers when people running the place were not there. All that is changing is that this time I get paid for the extra ( normal ) duties.

Doug

Any chance of incorporating the magic (like lighting in the sky), one of the scenes I'm thinking of is when the Technomage summons the Dragon in the Sky. Both Mystical and Technical :-)

Hi there,

Well, i f I can find an image of that somewhere I will be more than happy to try. The other challenge will be getting that to look good at 75X75 px. But, I will definitely try.

-Rozie

Hi Roz... Hi to Technomage as well... Since you were going camping I had a minor shot at it since I like to hand draw lightning and need practice. ha. No one has to use this, it was to see what happens to your image... apologies in advance. I'm not getting too much chance to play at all... BTW those RVG entries have been posted... Nothing I did... but we might get some 'cleaning up' for the winner. Might.

tmuklg.jpg

tmuksm.jpg

As usual work has meant I have not been around as much as I wanted, but have been looking through the great Avatar's that have been created.

Thanks for adding the lightning to mine, I will continue to look through and see if there are any more.

All efforts are most welcome, and thanks again guys and gals for your efforts, they look great.

Pete

I haven't been on the forum for a few weeks... Work and travel and caching have been taking up most of my time!! Phew. Bumping and seeing if there's anyone else who needs an avatar.

-Rozie

Hi Roz... yes, I know what you mean... I managed to put my back out at the CG trying to get everything caught up... now I can't get anything done... But it did open up some time to cache a bit... Getting rid of some other stray ends as well... Thanks for bumping this up, I was about to do it myself.

Don't know if you noticed the Spirit Quest request... that is likely beyond my skills, but we could collaborate on ideas or parts... They seem to know what they want at least. I'm a little annoyed at the image output on this software (psp7).. it seems to do unexpected things to images when you don't need it to... It's there, but really obtuse sometimes... like stripping vector data from .eps files... you have to go .emf or .wmf route..

Anyhow nice to see you back...

Doug

I'm a little annoyed at the image output on this software (psp7).. it seems to do unexpected things to images when you don't need it to...

What your talking about is outside of my expertise - but it might be worth looking at paint.net or GIMP to see if they fit your needs. There are some advantages to working with open source.

What your talking about is outside of my expertise - but it might be worth looking at paint.net or GIMP to see if they fit your needs. There are some advantages to working with open source.

Thanks, I'll look at those. What I was referring to was, apparently PSP7 cannot output a .eps file and still keep it as a vector image... it loses the vector data and outputs as a raster, which is what was NOT wanted.

I suspect that the newer versions (now part of Corel suite) can handle that better since Corel is vector based software... I got caught providing an image that I thought was going to be scalable... not!

It does provide the Windows formats, I just didn't know about the limitation on output. Until it was to late.

I'm still learning this software, but my tastes run much fancier. I do like open stuff... BlueDeuce showed me the Irfanview stuff which is great for manythings. I mostly work with animation software, but for editting PSP has quite a few improvements over my, literally, OLD software. I'm just upgrading to new computer and (sigh) Vista... :)

Thanks again.

Doug

Hi.. I was wondering if I could get some help with an avatar. I am a women's lacrosse referee (hence the nick laxrefd3.. the d3 was my rating at the time.. I should have just been LaxRef, but now with over 200 finds, I don't want to change my name and re-log everything.. but I digress..)

Anyway, I was thinking of a referee whistle with a circular version of the geocaching logo in the round part of the whistle.. or maybe with the 4 colors used somewhere throughout.. or whatever someone who is more talented than I can come up with.

Any help would be appreciated!

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks in advance!

Hi.. I was wondering if I could get some help with an avatar. I am a women's lacrosse referee (hence the nick laxrefd3.. the d3 was my rating at the time.. I should have just been LaxRef, but now with over 200 finds, I don't want to change my name and re-log everything.. but I digress..)

Anyway, I was thinking of a referee whistle with a circular version of the geocaching logo in the round part of the whistle.. or maybe with the 4 colors used somewhere throughout.. or whatever someone who is more talented than I can come up with.

Something like this?

av1.gif

Something like this?

av1.gif

This looks cool! Thanks for the quick response!

Now seeing it, wondering if there was a way to incorporate lacrosse sticks? Maybe 2 sticks criss-crossed horizontally across the bottom? Maybe just the lacrosse stick head watermarked behind the whistle? Maybe the part where you blow into the whistle more horizontal and the sticks in the space to the right of the circle part?

I am not sure what I'm trying to envision, and maybe it won't look as good as what you did with the whistle alone..

Something like this?

av1.gif

Now seeing it, wondering if there was a way to incorporate lacrosse sticks? Maybe 2 sticks criss-crossed horizontally across the bottom? Maybe just the lacrosse stick head watermarked behind the whistle? Maybe the part where you blow into the whistle more horizontal and the sticks in the space to the right of the circle part?

I am not sure what I'm trying to envision, and maybe it won't look as good as what you did with the whistle alone..

No problemo

How about this?

av2.gif

Something like this?

av1.gif

No problemo

How about this?

av2.gif

I don't think I like that one as much as the whistle alone. Do you mind trying one more variation? Instead of the sticks behind the whistle, how about having them below the whistle? I am not sure if that is going to look too much like a bow-tie or not. Also, less of an "X" and more squished so they are more horizontal looking. Thanks.

I don't think I like that one as much as the whistle alone. Do you mind trying one more variation? Instead of the sticks behind the whistle, how about having them below the whistle? I am not sure if that is going to look too much like a bow-tie or not. Also, less of an "X" and more squished so they are more horizontal looking. Thanks.

OK, two more incarnations

av3.gifav4.gif

av3.gifav4.gif

All of those are pretty cool, bittsen :)

av3.gifav4.gif

Thanks.

25 years in the graphics industry finally pays off. :)

av3.gifav4.gif

Thanks.

I have to agree. Very fast returns on the requests, as well! Very cool!

I was an art major (specializing in photography) but haven' worked in that area for 25 years.

I've enjoyed watching you create avatars for others and was wondering if you could give it a try for me. My user name is 2cvdriverr as you can see. I usually drive a Citroen 2CV (Charleston - Gray/Gray). I was wondering if you could create something for me incorporating a Citroen 2CV (if possible a Charleston Gray/Gray)? Here is a picture of what one looks like

2547818198_43bcd297cd.jpg

av3.gifav4.gif

BINGO! The one on the left, with the whistle pointed up a little bit. One last tweak.. please rotate the gc logo so that it's back to true north (keep the whistle in that same new position though).

And would it be possible to have a bigger version as well for sig items?

Thank you for the very nice work!!! I really appreciate it.

BINGO! The one on the left, with the whistle pointed up a little bit. One last tweak.. please rotate the gc logo so that it's back to true north (keep the whistle in that same new position though).

No problem. It gives me something to do

av5.gif

Thanks.

Are you using a vector-based 3-D package for that? It would appear so, based on the way you are rotating the whistle and the logo. Have you ever used POV-Ray?

Never heard of POV-ray.

I'm just using Corel Paint Shop Pro. It uses vector and raster layers. I use mostly raster layers.

av5.gif

If you're not already totally tired of working on it... try raising the sticks JUST a tad... just enough for a tiny bit of overlap with the whistle on the left paddle, but not enough to overlap on the right (which might confuse things). I think it'll give it more of a 3D feel. Do you agree?

Edited by knowschad

I've enjoyed watching you create avatars for others and was wondering if you could give it a try for me. My user name is 2cvdriverr as you can see. I usually drive a Citroen 2CV (Charleston - Gray/Gray). I was wondering if you could create something for me incorporating a Citroen 2CV (if possible a Charleston Gray/Gray)? Here is a picture of what one looks like

2547818198_43bcd297cd.jpg

I'm not sure I know what you are asking for. I'm willing to try to get something for you though.

av6.gif

Edited by bittsen

av5.gif

If you're not already totally tired of working on it... try raising the sticks JUST a tad... just enough for a tiny bit of overlap with the whistle on the left paddle, but not enough to overlap on the right (which might confuse things). I think it'll give it more of a 3D feel. Do you agree?

Here it is that way, just for example

av5a.gif

Edited by bittsen

av5.gif

Here it is that way, just for example

av5a.gif

I really like it! It does make it look more 3D. Thank you bittsen for the great work, and knowschad for the suggestion.