Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

I'm thinking of H to the 5th power of some sorts with lightening bolts and also would like red as strong color. Unless you have some other/better ideas.

Here's something quick and basic along the lines you said.

All the time I have for at the moment.

H5lge.jpg

H5sm.jpg

And here's one for the future :laughing:

H6lg.jpg

H6sm.jpg

Those are cool, thank you.

I was thinking more of an H with a superscript 5 (or 6 :laughing: ) and red-ish glowing lightening bolts around. The font style doesn't have to be the same as mine. So other styles may look better with a "power" type feel.

Does that make sense?

Those are cool, thank you.

I was thinking more of an H with a superscript 5 (or 6 :laughing: ) and red-ish glowing lightening bolts around. The font style doesn't have to be the same as mine. So other styles may look better with a "power" type feel.

Does that make sense?

Yep, makes sense. As I said, they were just quick basic things. More to get some feedback than anyting else. I'll try to get something out in a day or two, and maybe someone else can do something in the meantime.

My ideas:

Larger:

2hxmw6s.jpg

33kzkf6.jpg

For the Future :)

Larger:

2rg0r6g.jpg

ix5heq.jpg

-Rozie

Very Cool! Like those! Hope I can use the future one as well someday! :)

BTW - Bump is used just to make the thread topic move to the top of the board list without actually posting relevant topic info.

I will think about "contractor type" paint avatars... hmm.

I made my own new avatar as well :D I wanted a more geocaching oriented avatar.

-Rozie

Right now, I'm hoping that they are moving the server with the avatars loaded up... I see they are doing more upgrades today... Otherwise we are going to be busy soon. Nothing showing at 1051 MDT.

Everyone have copies in case? :o

[edit to say... 1052 they're back! ]

Doug

Edited by 7rxc

What about a cartoon of Signal (or other similar) dressed in white painter's overalls and one of those white painter's caps with either crossed or uncrossed arms with one hand holding a paint roller and the other holding a GPSr? Maybe Signal could have a puzzled look not knowing which way to go.

Just a thought.

What about a cartoon of Signal (or other similar) dressed in white painter's overalls and one of those white painter's caps with either crossed or uncrossed arms with one hand holding a paint roller and the other holding a GPSr? Maybe Signal could have a puzzled look not knowing which way to go.

Just a thought.

I'm getting back to this slowly, but just a comment. I've been getting a bit uneasy about our using GC symbols a bit to freely. There are limitations to what you can do with them as noted in several FAQs and much earlier in this forum... but yet we are still working with things that are someone elses intellectual? property. I'd love to hear from someone as to whether even the 4 colour square is protected. I suspect that the 'unaltered' bit would apply... we can use them non commercially with limits, but there are some.

just a thought...

Anyway, when I heard 'contractor' and 'painter' in the same line, I went back to my memories of school, the game with three words and you draw something incorporating all three, each modifying the image of the other two... I'm missing something right now, but I flashed to 'mr and mrs Smith' with paintball guns...

but that has been messed up by your house painter... perhaps a 'aunt polly's fence' thing.

Got to run, more classes.

Doug

Didn't know about the "limited" use of Signal. Sorry about that. It was just a thought, because I seem to remember seeing a picture of him a while back that had him in a painter's outfit. I may be wrong, but it may already be created for use. I wouldn't know where to look though. It's not on the goodies page.

Didn't know about the "limited" use of Signal. Sorry about that. It was just a thought, because I seem to remember seeing a picture of him a while back that had him in a painter's outfit. I may be wrong, but it may already be created for use. I wouldn't know where to look though. It's not on the goodies page.

It's not so much that we can or can not use something... but that those of us that are new to creating the avatars probably don't have sufficient knowledge of the of the subject of what is permitted.

There is a link back in the first page of postings that point to the 'rules' regarding GC logos and trademarks etc. It is interesting to read that, a bit confusing to me ( I'm not a lawyer), and it seems to both permit non commercial usage without modification and with credit, to forbid alteration of, and to at the same time allow for having some fun with the items... I have done a bit with the 4 colours thing, usually slightly modifying the colours. That seems to be the most common request. And to be honest, I've not seen anything that indicates any displeasure with that part. Signal of course is getting more proprietary, as are the actual logos and symbols themselves. There was a thread about a 'user' image that would be public domain for us, but I lost track of that one... they were working on a graphic that we could improvise with at will.

[edited ] Public Domain Logos

One problem we face, again, is the 75x75 pixel rule for avatars... shrinking things to that size seriously limits resolution other than a few blobs of colour, so it may be that for that size, we can be a little more 'free' to express ourselves... within the limits of good taste of course... since no one can truly see it anyway, and it is limited to a GS site. As for large art for the profile page and other uses, THAT is where we need to be careful a touch.

Your idea for a painter cartoon is sound though... good one.

Doug

Edited by 7rxc

Wow, thank you so much for the cool ideas - I really like the purple and teal one. I am the contractor type of painter (should have made that clear early on) - if you have any thoughts about that, I would appreciate it. Thanks for the avatars!

Here's an attempt. I tried to make it look like he red paint was morphing into the GC colours.

paintav.jpg

paintavlge.jpg

Hi Guys

Not been around for a while, work pressures.

Just been going through the thread not really expecting anything and find somebody has been looking at an Avatar for me.

I know these things are a big ask, but as somebody said in an earlier thread. Creating avatars for us non artistic folk is a bit like creating a spell for us.

Living in hope :-)

Pete

Doug told me he ws working on something for TechnomageUK, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind someone else putting something out too. I played around a bit but came up short.

Then there's wa3. I don't know if they have anything yet or not. The problem is that if you don't see their first post, and they get an avatar, you never know if what they have is the finished one or not. :lol:

I used to do this for a computer help forum a couple of years ago, but there we had our own private forum where we were assigned jobs in rotation. Easier to keep track that way :)

The worst thing on here is you will get a request, work on an image, and the requester never comes back! I have started sending a PM to let them know I finished one for them.

Oh well .. it's all good! :D

I have to say that now I have gone through the thread and looked at all the Avatars they are awesome.

I envey those with the ability to be so creative, I couldn't even draw a straight line lol

Hope you like one of them... mine sort of fizzled out, but I may get it done... lost steam with NnS version of Galen...

BTW... don't know if you have it down pat or just 'fingered' this time. Your quote didn't work because...

you deleted the quote reference and STARTED with a '/quote', Use the bottom quote button then reply, then carefully delete what you don't want... but you do need the first and last tags and the reference...

of course... it could simply be a late night / early morning there... eh!

Might also be the system... I got 6 notices for two replys from them.

Doug

I have to say that now I have gone through the thread and looked at all the Avatars they are awesome.

I envey those with the ability to be so creative, I couldn't even draw a straight line lol

Hope you like one of them... mine sort of fizzled out, but I may get it done... lost steam with NnS version of Galen...

BTW... don't know if you have it down pat or just 'fingered' this time. Your quote didn't work because...

you deleted the quote reference and STARTED with a '/quote', Use the bottom quote button then reply, then carefully delete what you don't want... but you do need the first and last tags and the reference...

of course... it could simply be a late night / early morning there... eh!

Might also be the system... I got 6 notices for two replys from them.

Doug

I'm not really sure how the quote works, I tried to just quote a couple of lines and it presented me with the whole post so I deleted a section.

I work with computers but don't use boards much :D

Thanks for letting me know, I will be carefull when editing to not remove any code markers.

I'm going to go through the thread again, not sure if your reference to "hope you like one of them" means I missed one for me?

Pete

Do you need an Avatar?

You've made such awesome avatars for me so far!!

Now Sol Seaker and Too Cool have teamed up to create Team So Cool. Some adult children may be getting in on this team shortly.

So how about an avatar for Team So Cool?

We don't have any ideas at this point, but if no one thinks up anything, we'll come up with some ideas.

Thanks so much!!!

Here's what I've got for TechnomageUK:

Larger size:

2w3wdpt.jpg

2vjtv2b.jpg

-Rozie

Hi Nymphnsatyr

Not been around for a while due to work, just searched through the thread and found the Avata, looks great but I do have a big ask.

Any chance of incorporating the magic (like lighting in the sky), one of the scenes I'm thinking of is when the Technomage summons the Dragon in the Sky. Both Mystical and Technical :-)

I will keep an eye on the thread just in case.

And thanks again for the one you have done, will be uploading it straight away.

Any chance of incorporating the magic (like lighting in the sky), one of the scenes I'm thinking of is when the Technomage summons the Dragon in the Sky. Both Mystical and Technical :-)

I will keep an eye on the thread just in case.

And thanks again for the one you have done, will be uploading it straight away.

Hi there,

Well, i f I can find an image of that somewhere I will be more than happy to try. The other challenge will be getting that to look good at 75X75 px. But, I will definitely try.

-Rozie

Would love some help with an AVATAR please.

Raven Hawk is the name, Astrology is the fame, Geocaching is the game.

I would like to see a Raven standing on the symbol of Mercury, as if in flight or landing

Raven black and Mercury a silvery blue color 3d depth, a full moon in the backdrop.

Happy to donate money for this of requested.

Thanks

Cece

TEAM RAVENHAWK

I would like to see a Raven standing on the symbol of Mercury, as if in flight or landing

Raven black and Mercury a silvery blue color 3d depth, a full moon in the backdrop.

Thanks

Cece

TEAM RAVENHAWK

I'll try something,but remember, it will be hard to get detail with with the size 75x75.

I'll see what I can come up with.

Thanks

Cece

TEAM RAVENHAWK

How's this?

ravenavlge.jpgravenavsm.jpg

Here's one with drop shadow.

ravenavlge2.jpgravenavsm2.jpg

Edited by BC & MsKitty

Hmm, how do I say this.. is there a correct word?

PERFECT, don't touch a thing.. EXACTLY what I had in my mind.

Now how much and where do I send it?

Thank you so much!!

Cece

Ravenhawk

Glad you like it.

No Charge! This is a free service.

Use it in good health, and happy caching.

Hi there,

Well, i f I can find an image of that somewhere I will be more than happy to try. The other challenge will be getting that to look good at 75X75 px. But, I will definitely try.

-Rozie

Hi Roz... Hi to Technomage as well... Since you were going camping I had a minor shot at it since I like to hand draw lightning and need practice. ha. No one has to use this, it was to see what happens to your image... apologies in advance. I'm not getting too much chance to play at all... BTW those RVG entries have been posted... Nothing I did... but we might get some 'cleaning up' for the winner. Might.

tmuklg.jpg

tmuksm.jpg

Anyone have time/energy to take a crack at ours? We like the basic concept, just want a little more pizazz. The basics of it are we are both Cancer hence the moon, both women hence the female symbol and then we added the compass points. Would love something we could make a pathtag out of.

Anyone have time/energy to take a crack at ours? We like the basic concept, just want a little more pizazz. The basics of it are we are both Cancer hence the moon, both women hence the female symbol and then we added the compass points. Would love something we could make a pathtag out of.

Hi There... I've grabbed what I could from your post, including the avatar... For the first time in a while, I may have some time this weekend, so I'm going to ponder it. Barring a SAR event coming up at least I can do that much. It's a holiday weekend for Canada.

One thing that would help any of us... do you have a larger version that you could post in the forum post?

It might be that you have one that would be about 4 to 6 hundred pixel square roughly. Makes life a little

easier. Say if you don't know how to get it in... it's not hard, but some people don't get it. Of course it may want total redraw, but it is a good starting point... even I get the message.

[edit... to be very clear... female, geocache, astrology symbols... simply done... something with Moon, Venus, Cancer and the compass rose perhaps...

I see mizdeeds has one already... I'm still thinking.. researching etc. actually like the profile image as an influence... also considering the fact you might add team members. so it should be sort of neutral that way.

end edit]

Doug

Edited by 7rxc