Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

Hi there

I was able to change the avatar on the left of the forum thanks to Dougs mail, but I'm not thrilled with the result. It's resized and doesn't look like it should. I'm not fond of the red color for "Wa3" ...

The bug I made is something I just tried but if one of you have a better idea ... why not. If I think it's better, I'll use it!

Thanks a lot!

Hi there... I had enough time and patience to finish what I started... I've seen at least one or two others.

Anyway, I was going to fiddle yours a little bit. And here they are hopefully... Use whoever you want, but I said I would take on YOUR effort with MY effort... no concerns re the outcome.

wa3x400.jpgwa3x75.jpg

I think that mostly clears out my current effort since Lydford Locators has got switched around.

Any time I have for a few days is going over to my poster for TCSI, since we all have versions of the mag glass thing... but I have promised a better effort for the profile... and they may still want changes. You guys may have to exercise patients if BC is back on shift and I'm looking for work... but I will still be monitoring. And working on learning more about THIS art package. Lots to absorb.

Anyone having problems with uploading the avatars, apparently what I've written is useful and getting more so. Just ask for a copy. or I might just post it... most is in the testing thread but back a few pages now.

Doug

Doug!! I totally hear ya about the depleted funds stuff... (yay self-employment).

Anyhoo, I'm done working a little early today and the hubby is off on a motorcycle ride up to Portland, so I am listening to my favorite talk radio show and playing with avatars :P

So on my list is: Technomage, Psychy and I'll take a whack at the Snoopy Joe Cool

I have some ideas for W3 if you do need help... -Rozie

I just put up my work on Wa3 which was mostly working their idea for them, and trying out some of BC's suggestions for improving things... which mostly worked... still need to polish that, and fine tune my storage system there... I'll hit you for ideas too eventually, yours seem nice and crisp, I'm going to go back and tough up a few I've done with the new info and let the owners decide whether to upgrade or not. It's already quite a bit more predictable. .GIF's were seldom this much trouble... which dates me a bit. Good side is I'm used to creating in small images at the pixel level... used to think 640 x 480 was wastefully huge image. actually it IS... but I got good at working smaller first and then growing it up. I try to compromise here, but try to avoid really fine details.

Looks like you are it for now til Friday... Good luck... keep your eyes out for mizdeeds and the others.

That was nice image of .... Galen, I think... certainly not Elric... I didn't catch much of the spin off series.

I really wanted to see if either of you would do the couch potato thing... I guess I'll have to do that one myself.

Doug

Note. I've been in touch with the Lydford Locators... They seem to have switched the avatar and profile images, and should be corrected soon.

Now we're back from our hols we've managed to get our fantastic new images up and running. Thanks Doug for all your help and sorry for all the emails whilst we waded our way around the system.

OK ...

Here's one for Too Cool

This will likely be the last one for me until next week. Starting four 12 hour shift days tomorrow.

cool.jpg

coolsm.jpg

Wow, you guys are awesome!!!!!

Thanks so much for this. I'll get it to him right away. I'm impressed and I think he will be too!!

Thanks again for all your work and contribution to this site!!

May it come back to you ten-thousand fold!!

SS

Here's mine for Jake anyhoo... the one made already is fabulous, so Jake you can use whichever you like I suppose :)

1) With Pennsylvania in it:

Larger:

2cntgjq.jpg

2vlwhg7.jpg

2) With the World in it:

Larger:

307q2ww.jpg

2eumzhe.jpg

3) With no background:

Larger:

4hcu9l.jpg

4)

2ewmzyd.jpg

-Rozie

Wow, all of these are excellent, along with the others that were made. I have a one more small request though! Could you take out jakeinpa and put in Cache Snatchers? That's what I'm hoping to change my name to as a "team name" type of thing. OOOrrr, just add that to the bottom. I like the one with the earth in the background the best.

Thanks to everyone for taking your time to work on these. They're great.

Wow, all of these are excellent, along with the others that were made. I have a one more small request though! Could you take out jakeinpa and put in Cache Snatchers? That's what I'm hoping to change my name to as a "team name" type of thing. OOOrrr, just add that to the bottom. I like the one with the earth in the background the best.

Thanks to everyone for taking your time to work on these. They're great.

Hey Jake,

I can very easily change the neame, not a problem. I'll fix it after work today, so by this evening I'll have the new one up.

-Roz

I am looking to design a logo for our caching group. I have some good ideas but no way to put them together and digitize them. Could one of you guys help?

RVGCacheStamp.jpg

This is the old one and my ideas would use the basics of the old one but modified.

If someone would like to help I will send them my ideas! :(

Hi. I'd like to suggest that you may like to start with creating a list of items that you wish to retain.

Follow that with clear but simple description of things you would like to add / modify, including such things as bigger, smaller, colour shifts etc. That gives us something to work with. I see that you had no problem sending along the original graphic. Most computers come with MS paint or something similar. You could do some simple sketches and post them as well, if you have access to image storage. If not, one / all of us could receive them by email. Some people are much better at this than they give themselves credit for. I like to use the ideas created by the 'client' regardless of how they are presented. So don't be shy... I'm in the process of learning new software, and like the tasks for practice. I'm also a bit busy, but fire away if you are not in a hurry. The others also like to do this as long as life gets dealt with too.

Doug

I am looking to design a logo for our caching group. I have some good ideas but no way to put them together and digitize them. Could one of you guys help?

This is the old one and my ideas would use the basics of the old one but modified.

If someone would like to help I will send them my ideas! :(

edit note:]

Rules: This contest is open to all members of the River Valley Geocachers. You have until April 30th to create and submit your image (multiple submissions are allowed) by emailing it to...

Since this is for a club contest... I'm still willing and assume the same for the others...

IF we are working on YOUR ideas and not mine or someone elses, and

IF you tell the others who are graphically / digitally challenged in RVG that they can do the same here.

That said, you have left things quite late given how occupied we are... plus you lose time to most of us... I'm MDT, and the others vary from EDT to PDT.

How much to join RVG??? hmmm...

Doug

Wow this topic is filling up fast. Can anyone take my Menehune ( Hawaiian gremlin ) clip art and make it more Geo friendly? I'm a dude that uses a yellow Garmin Etrex for now.

Just generally speaking, I can think on it... right now I'm hustling... DO you happen to have that image in a larger size...? or know where to find it. Whoever does this will likely want it or something similar... although it is not impossible to work with 75x75 to start. Other than GPSr and other georegalia...

did you have anything specific in mind?

Doug

[edit note: I did capture your current avatar for reference... I guess that you aren't interested in the one where I couldn't resist converting it to a Hawaiian SMURF. Just couldn't help myself... I've been tired lately and stressed etc. I get these strange urges... Almost as if a giant occult hand...

Dang I've been reading to much of Vinny... again.

[end note]

Edited by 7rxc

Ok, well i want something that could represent our name, RookieCrew. I have not thought of anything good. But if you could make something for us, we would really appreciate it. Thanks

Hi there... like I say to most people here welcome... and Did you have anything specific in mind?

My first data query would be What KIND of rookie crew? How many? Doing what? With what?

My first flash of inspiration went back to my first time on a brigantine... yep a storm blow... and then the management found out they had the date wrong and we were NOT the experienced sailors... anyway the rail was quite busy, like the rest of us... learned a lot FAST that night!

Somehow I don't think that image is what you had in your mind.

Doug

If someone would like to help I will send them my ideas! :huh:

edit note:]

Rules: This contest is open to all members of the River Valley Geocachers. You have until April 30th to create and submit your image (multiple submissions are allowed) by emailing it to...

Since this is for a club contest... I'm still willing and assume the same for the others...

IF we are working on YOUR ideas and not mine or someone elses, and

IF you tell the others who are graphically / digitally challenged in RVG that they can do the same here.

That said, you have left things quite late given how occupied we are... plus you lose time to most of us... I'm MDT, and the others vary from EDT to PDT.

How much to join RVG??? hmmm...

Doug

Sorry .. not me.

My personal opinion : Seems that the intent is to have the members themselves come up with their own work, not go to an outside agency to help them win the prizes. Also, no mention of it being a contest in the original request. Nice catch, Doug. If the caching group had come to us to do something, then great, but it seems to me the requester is trying to get unfair help to win the contest.

I'll get back into the swing of things in another day or two, Doug, after I recuperate from these 12 hour night shifts! :(

edit for spelling

Edited by BC & MsKitty

Ok, well i want something that could represent our name, RookieCrew. I have not thought of anything good. But if you could make something for us, we would really appreciate it. Thanks

Hi there... like I say to most people here welcome... and Did you have anything specific in mind?

My first data query would be What KIND of rookie crew? How many? Doing what? With what?

My first flash of inspiration went back to my first time on a brigantine... yep a storm blow... and then the management found out they had the date wrong and we were NOT the experienced sailors... anyway the rail was quite busy, like the rest of us... learned a lot FAST that night!

Somehow I don't think that image is what you had in your mind.

Doug

Well, now that you ask, yea i think so. My wife and i are both on the Fire and Rescue Department. Maybe something along the lines of that. thanks

Here ya go. I made some improvements to the design as well. If you need me to change anything about the picture, don't worry about asking. It only took me about ten minutes to make them.

Large:

no7w20.jpg

29cs7s8.jpg

Enjoy!

-Rozie

Flippin awesome. Pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Jake,

Glad you like your avatar! :( I will try to help with some of the latest that have come up after work today. Just had a busy busy weekend (Great CITO event too! We cleared out 3500 pounds of garbage from a transient camp in Springfield, OR. Amazing!)

Anyhoo, as always I should be done working about 6PM Pacific time, and then I can think about avatars. :huh:

-Roz

Well I was not going to enter because of my lack of the digital know how but I ran into this thread.

If you read the forums there you will see that there are a # of our members using outside help.

So I see... Insult the guy who asked for help. Make him out to be someone who is trying to get an unfair advantage. Well I see how you people are!

REMEMBER WHEN IT COMES TO THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS AND THOSE TO COME IN THIS POST, IF THE SHOE FIT WEAR IT. IN OTHER WORDS DON'T GET INSULTED IF MY COMMENT IS NOT A RESPONCE TO YOURS.

If there was an ounce of optimism in you, you might note that the contest has no relevance. I had ideas and no way to make them happen so I asked for help. Enough said.

As for any prize I would be more than willing to share it with who ever helped me out!

Oh forget it...

I RETRACT MY REQUEST FOR HELP ON THE LOGO DESIGN!!!

Thanks 7rxc for you offer to make my ideas a reality, and if you still send a logo and it wins I will make it right. :unsure:

Well I was not going to enter because of my lack of the digital know how but I ran into this thread.

If you read the forums there you will see that there are a # of our members using outside help.

So I see... Insult the guy who asked for help. Make him out to be someone who is trying to get an unfair advantage. Well I see how you people are!

REMEMBER WHEN IT COMES TO THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS AND THOSE TO COME IN THIS POST, IF THE SHOE FIT WEAR IT. IN OTHER WORDS DON'T GET INSULTED IF MY COMMENT IS NOT A RESPONCE TO YOURS.

If there was an ounce of optimism in you, you might note that the contest has no relevance. I had ideas and no way to make them happen so I asked for help. Enough said.

As for any prize I would be more than willing to share it with who ever helped me out!

Oh forget it...

Thanks 7rxc for you offer to make my ideas a reality, and if you still send a logo and it wins I will make it right. :unsure:

I will start by saying, I'm sorry you have had some rejection... Part of the problem was simply communication delay and some unclarity. For the record, I asked for your ideas, and you sent them promptly to me directly. That was good. Unfortunately, I started some research on your area and came across the website and noticed it was a contest... BEFORE getting your note. To be clear, you DID mention that it was contest material in that note, but after I noted the fact for the other artists. I was correct in my assumption that it would make a small difference to some. WE don't wish to create ideas/ art for people to enter contests. However, I thought that my 2 rules were apt. I work with YOUR ideas only in order to get it into computerized format ( probably to a good sketch level), and you would tell the others that they could seek help from at least me in order to level the field for everyone. I still don't have a problem with that, and as you said, your organization was actually encouraging idea man / technogeek teaming. In that light I am no different than your locals [ I was kidding about entering by the way, my way of saying that if my ideas went into your project or someone elses, that I might as well enter]. I like to get good ideas from people who are not as artsy as some, and most here would agree that I am NOT a daVinci... Anyway, I am looking at your project and will keep that at arms length from this forum. I don't think that you have all of our communications to judge by, and people do have other opinions, as well as fatigue, illness etc to deal with. I still say the biggest problem is the lack of TIME to get things done... Read back and you will see that I am trying to back off from this for a bit, yet here I am trying to stay lightly engaged in the fray...

Got to run again, but don't take things too hard, I understand dissappointment and reaction to something that seems harsh, but that might have been avoided by a little different wording at the getgo... but that was not all that serious.

Doug

Oh forget it...

Thanks 7rxc for you offer to make my ideas a reality, and if you still send a logo and it wins I will make it right. :lol:

I will start by saying, I'm sorry you have had some rejection... Part of the problem was simply communication delay and some unclarity. For the record, I asked for your ideas, and you sent them promptly to me directly. That was good. Unfortunately, I started some research on your area and came across the website and noticed it was a contest... BEFORE getting your note. To be clear, you DID mention that it was contest material in that note, but after I noted the fact for the other artists. I was correct in my assumption that it would make a small difference to some. WE don't wish to create ideas/ art for people to enter contests. However, I thought that my 2 rules were apt. I work with YOUR ideas only in order to get it into computerized format ( probably to a good sketch level), and you would tell the others that they could seek help from at least me in order to level the field for everyone. I still don't have a problem with that, and as you said, your organization was actually encouraging idea man / technogeek teaming. In that light I am no different than your locals [ I was kidding about entering by the way, my way of saying that if my ideas went into your project or someone elses, that I might as well enter]. I like to get good ideas from people who are not as artsy as some, and most here would agree that I am NOT a daVinci... Anyway, I am looking at your project and will keep that at arms length from this forum. I don't think that you have all of our communications to judge by, and people do have other opinions, as well as fatigue, illness etc to deal with. I still say the biggest problem is the lack of TIME to get things done... Read back and you will see that I am trying to back off from this for a bit, yet here I am trying to stay lightly engaged in the fray...

Got to run again, but don't take things too hard, I understand dissappointment and reaction to something that seems harsh, but that might have been avoided by a little different wording at the getgo... but that was not all that serious.

Doug

Not a problem 7! I appreciate what you did and have no problem with the rules stated. The only part of the rules you put to me that I thought stunk was that I would need to tell everyone else at RVG where to get help and that only stunk because they would not have to seek it out. But hey if it was a rule you wanted and I wanted you help so be it. I can guarantee I will loose no sleep over any of this. To be honest I had to go to our forums to see what the prizes were because I did not think there were any, just that your logo was the one picked! They are some good prizes and being that our group is "FREE" to join I would not expect them to put up any prizes but then again it is nice. I would go as far as to say that if I had the programing I could do it myself but I don't have it. You guys have a talent and you like to use it. It is no different that if I had a talent that you guys did not and I could help you out. If ya love to do it, the fun of using your talent is sometimes all you need for a reward for a job well done!

You guys keep making avatars and maybe some day I will be back in here for help with one for me. Until then, cache on! :unsure:

In case it might help; my idea for WA3:

281he2a.jpg

-Rozie

Hi, I'm sorry it took a while to respond to your excellent work (both of you: Doug and Rosie).

I like both the avatars ... so I'm having a bit of trouble of deciding which one to use. :)

My wife tends to Rosies avatar idea because the name Wa3 is on top of the bug. I think the use of a shadow - what makes the bug seem to fly / float over the image - is what makes me agree with her. Is it possible to see that in a bigger image?

I hope Doug is not offended ... :D

Thanks very much!

Wa3

Hi, I'm sorry it took a while to respond to your excellent work (both of you: Doug and Rosie).

I like both the avatars ... so I'm having a bit of trouble of deciding which one to use. :D

My wife tends to Rosies avatar idea because the name Wa3 is on top of the bug. I think the use of a shadow - what makes the bug seem to fly / float over the image - is what makes me agree with her. Is it possible to see that in a bigger image?

I hope Doug is not offended ... :ph34r:

Thanks very much!

Wa3

Never offended, it was good working on the project with your imaging... of course you could use one as avatar and the other on your page.... that is what the two sizes are for. But that's up to you, I think you can also get the larger one from Roz since that is usually the source for the smaller ones... Have fun!

BTW, I used yours to correct a few problems with colouring and file storage.. and learned a lot about this new software (to me) and I'm tickled we all win out. Well almost, it just started SNOWING again... drat.

Doug

I like both the avatars ... so I'm having a bit of trouble of deciding which one to use. :D

I hope Doug is not offended ... :ph34r:

Thanks very much!

Wa3

Never offended, it was good working on the project with your imaging... of course you could use one as avatar and the other on your page.... that is what the two sizes are for. But that's up to you, I think you can also get the larger one from Roz since that is usually the source for the smaller ones... Have fun!

BTW, I used yours to correct a few problems with colouring and file storage.. and learned a lot about this new software (to me) and I'm tickled we all win out. Well almost, it just started SNOWING again... drat.

Doug

That's funny since I like Doug's version of the avatar better than mine. :lol:

Anyhoo, I wanted to work on some of the newest requests yesterday and ended up being way too swamped at work. But I'm done early today, so I'm going to go through the thread and see what still needs doing.

-Rozie

Okay, here's my idea for Rookie Crew.

First of all I came up with one that I thought was fun, but I think it has too much detail for an avatar. You can decide though.

Here's the one that has too much detail, but if you like it, it's up to you.

spvqlv.jpg

fehw0h.jpg

Here's the one that looks better as an avatar, but it's not as detailed:

29ejcs4.jpg

nw1z8.jpg

Let me know if I'm on the right track!

-Rozie

Edited by nymphnsatyr

That's funny since I like Doug's version of the avatar better than mine. :D

Anyhoo, I wanted to work on some of the newest requests yesterday and ended up being way too swamped at work. But I'm done early today, so I'm going to go through the thread and see what still needs doing.

-Rozie

Even funnier... I like yours... BTW did you catch the request for the larger version of yours by Wa3...

I haven't found the shadowy stuff on this software yet... but I know how to get it done. I'm just a bit occupied. Working on a similar concept for something else, but I suspect the easy way is to go back to my animation software and shoot pics. I did that for ertyu 's e. He never did use the better ones hmm.

Like the fire truck. I started to research that, but have got bottlenecked. Maybe this weekend, just for fun. but I did find some interesting pics in Nebraska that might have some use... at least for fun.

I have to find time for my hawaiian smurf... aka menehune in blue.

Doug

Even funnier... I like yours... BTW did you catch the request for the larger version of yours by Wa3...

Ha! That's great. :D I didn't catch the request for the larger version, but do now that I read back. Thank you for catching that! I'll make that for them.

I'm not sure if I like my designs for the firetruck one or not. When I've got some more free time I'll try to redo that one.

So the person who was looking for the logo for the contest doesn't want a design? I feel bad that their feelings were hurt.

I might PM them and see if they still need something made...

-Rozie

Really glad to hear about this thread. Awesome avatars I've seen created here. Wonder if I could get some help.

Curious to see what someone could come up with for Harwell5. You should be able to see what I have so far, but that took a lot of work in MS paint (best I got).

I'm thinking of H to the 5th power of some sorts with lightening bolts and also would like red as strong color. Unless you have some other/better ideas.

The 5 is for the number in our family, so this may need to be changed in the near future. If an extra one with H to the 6th power could be created with it, that would be great!

Edited by Harwell5