Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

Is anyone able to make ours better? You can probably tell what we both do for a living............... ;)

Nick & Ali

(nicktinknick was our original caching name)

OK .. here's a stab at it. I have assumed, from your profile that you are officers with the Essex Police. If I have guessed wrong, or if you don't like it and want something more like your original, don't be shy! :)

nickaliav.jpg

There is some GREAT work here.

Anyone care to give this a try?

Termite Hunter

Male, Structural Pest Control Regulator for the State of NC

Something with a termite (not too cartoony or typical hunting equipment)

I work mostly in the city, in, around and UNDER homes with a flashlight, big screwdriver and computer.

Current avatar is an actual termite and I just liked the blue swirl (kind of 007ish) Prefer the darker colors and glow of the blue

Here's an attempt

termhuntav.png

Or another

termhuntav3.png

Edited by BC & MsKitty

Is anyone able to make ours better? You can probably tell what we both do for a living............... :laughing:

Nick & Ali

OK .. here's a stab at it. I have assumed, from your profile that you are officers with the Essex Police. If I have guessed wrong, or if you don't like it and want something more like your original, don't be shy! :D

nickaliav.jpg

:D:D It's very good, but neither of us work for Essex. We are both with the Met. Can I be a pain and ask for something less obvious? Similar to our present one if possible.

Is anyone able to make ours better? You can probably tell what we both do for a living............... :D

Nick & Ali

OK .. here's a stab at it. I have assumed, from your profile that you are officers with the Essex Police. If I have guessed wrong, or if you don't like it and want something more like your original, don't be shy! :D

nickaliav.jpg

:D:D It's very good, but neither of us work for Essex. We are both with the Met. Can I be a pain and ask for something less obvious? Similar to our present one if possible.

well, there ya go! Shows you what happens when you assume! :laughing:

No problem. I'll play with something else.

Would anyone like to try something different for mine? Mintaka is the third star in the belt of Orion. I seem to be limited to images of the constellation. Thanks!

Here's a quick one. Just playing so if it doesn't grab you, that's ok. :D

mintakaav.jpg

Edit: Ok ... I wasn't logged in before so I didn't see your current avatar. I might be able to dress it up a bit

Another attempt

mintakaav2.jpg

Edited by BC & MsKitty

Hi, i have an avatar that i sue most of the time but would like to have it changed a bit for geocaching. Could you incorporate the geocache sympol in this picture for me.

Im planning on printing out some stickers also so if you could also have a normal sized pic as well.

Thx,

Nick

Haven't been in the forums in a while! :D How about this?

taz-av.jpg

And large size:

teamtaz.jpg

Amazing work mizdeeds thz that is fantastic

I'm looking for a new avatar design. I'd like to stick with the rounded lower case 'e' but would like to have it look like a 3D bent metal wire/cylinder. Have that positioned at an oblique angle, tilted back at the right perhaps and viewed from slightly above center. Perhaps with a shiny black floor or square plane beneath it, perhaps even a spot light effect. Something along those lines. I'm debating if I want a Canadian Maple Leaf adorned to it or not. I don't have the skills or tools to bring this to fruition, anyone up for the challenge?

I found this, which is along the lines of the design I'm looking for:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Question_mark_3d.png

Anyone up for some 3d rendering :laughing:

My avatar suits me fine but it's now the wrong size to fit the new site. It shows up on the main gc.com page as a squished version of itself. Can someone tell me how to make it the proper size without screwing it all up? I know I can simply make it smaller all over but then it's really little. How can I take an image that is 75 x 102 and make it into a square 75 x 75 image to fit the new site design (also an 85 x 85 for POI Factory) without screwing it up?

As you can tell, I lack any trace of the graphics gene....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also have an animated version that I need to fix. Sigh......

These are the images in question.

thrak-SAT-_color1.jpg

Thrak_Icon_-_Ani.gif

I'm not a graphics artist at all, but Thrak, yours seems like a simple resize job. See if these don't come out round when you post them to your avatar.

Hmmmm nevermind, I can't seem to post pictures. Guess I have to pay to do that?

E-mail me, I have two images for you.

I'm looking for a new avatar design. I'd like to stick with the rounded lower case 'e' but would like to have it look like a 3D bent metal wire/cylinder. Have that positioned at an oblique angle, tilted back at the right perhaps and viewed from slightly above center. Perhaps with a shiny black floor or square plane beneath it, perhaps even a spot light effect. Something along those lines. I'm debating if I want a Canadian Maple Leaf adorned to it or not. I don't have the skills or tools to bring this to fruition, anyone up for the challenge?

Anyone up for some 3d rendering :rolleyes:

I'm In...

Edit: waiting to see what it looks like here... bumping this up a bit too!

Edit2: Not to bad... we might need to adjust the thing a bit, perhaps the corners off...?

Doug

Edited by 7rxc

Hi I hope someone can help my Husband and I. We are new to Geocaching and LOVE IT. We want to have someone make us an avatar for stickers/coins and didn't know where to go for what we want. Or name is "The Wandering Jews" and we kinda wanted a cartoonish thing of a guy in hiking boots/clothes holding a GPS and the woman (same hiking clothes) holding a walking stick (Moses type), possible with maps and??? marks (obviously lost) but happy! We would like it to say our name at the top and either "Peace N Love" at the bottom of the design or peace sign and heart. I don't know this might be to much?? After today and all the hiking we came up with that name and design but can't design anything (except in our heads!! Let me know what you think. We would appreciate any help/advice we can get.

Thanks so much! ;)

Bump! Just so your request stands a chance of being seen, again... there is a new request...

This thread should maybe be pinned, like the testing area!

Anyone know why a 2009 entry gets bumped into storage anyway? January 25 09 isn't that far back...

Doug

Hi I hope someone can help my Husband and I. We are new to Geocaching and LOVE IT. We want to have someone make us an avatar for stickers/coins and didn't know where to go for what we want. Or name is "The Wandering Jews" and we kinda wanted a cartoonish thing of a guy in hiking boots/clothes holding a GPS and the woman (same hiking clothes) holding a walking stick (Moses type), possible with maps and??? marks (obviously lost) but happy! We would like it to say our name at the top and either "Peace N Love" at the bottom of the design or peace sign and heart. I don't know this might be to much?? After today and all the hiking we came up with that name and design but can't design anything (except in our heads!! Let me know what you think. We would appreciate any help/advice we can get.

Thanks so much! :D

Well, I'll try to put something together, but that is a bit much for something that will be that small. Details tend to get lost in smaller images (the size to fit on a coin, etc.)

I'll see what I can come up with.

EDIT: Here's what I came up with....

wandering%20lg.jpg Smaller for the forum wandering%20sm.jpg

And in png format (less image degradation while saving etc.)

wandering%20lg.pngwandering%20sm.png

Edited by BC & MsKitty

Hi there,

Could some one help with an Avatar for us, I'd love something i can use for stickers and stuff to leave in caches, but i'm particularly uncreative and have no ideas at all. Please let me know if you need more information but i'm not sure what else to put!

Thanks,

Becky

Well, usually, something about you, or your interests. likes, etc. would help.

Hi there,

Could some one help with an Avatar for us, I'd love something i can use for stickers and stuff to leave in caches, but i'm particularly uncreative and have no ideas at all. Please let me know if you need more information but i'm not sure what else to put!

Thanks,

Becky

Hi Again... thought I'd seen you on this forum... no more humorous tonguelashings from me...

I agree that we would need a few hints about this family... I was going to ask, but you beat me to it...

I did some of my own research, their gallery and profile etc... I don't know if you did it but the larger version of their current avatar has that neat circular fish tile mosaic... I tried working with that, but have NO idea of whether it has any significance (or copywrite for that matter)... one can work around it, but even the

largest I could find was still grainy... Nice to know where they took that pic if that is interesting to them...

we might find a higher res one... Also played with the names a bit... I'm a bit busy this month...

Loved what you and mizdeeds did with TWJ... ideas.

To the Kellys... I threw me together a temporary avatar using only my cache name... and variants on the

GC colours to avoid cw infringement... ha ha. Sometimes simple is best, especially at 75x75.

Is there some basic idea you have,,, if you don't know, just close your eyes and think about what you expect to see... that's basically what we all do... some better than others... Sometimes it doesn't come

until you realize what you DON'T want...

As for the TWJ project... I notice you guys both went for 'similar' clothes... I was thinking about the request

asking for the SAME clothes... something like the pushmepullyou of Dr. Doolittle... mr/mrs Moses and two large GPS taking the place of the stone tablets, each going the other way... one large set of robes...

what can I say... I'm creative for a technician, technical for a poor artist... always good for ideas, but still a bit limited in art skills, but getting better.

Off topic, but did you ever find that cacher or teacher... I'll watch the TB thread for reply...

Doug

Hi there,

Thanks,

Becky

Hi Again... thought I'd seen you on this forum... no more humorous tonguelashings from me...

I agree that we would need a few hints about this family... I was going to ask, but you beat me to it...

I did some of my own research, their gallery and profile etc... I don't know if you did it but the larger version of their current avatar has that neat circular fish tile mosaic... I tried working with that, but have NO idea of whether it has any significance (or copywrite for that matter)... one can work around it, but even the

largest I could find was still grainy... Nice to know where they took that pic if that is interesting to them...

we might find a higher res one... Also played with the names a bit... I'm a bit busy this month...

Loved what you and mizdeeds did with TWJ... ideas.

To the Kellys... I threw me together a temporary avatar using only my cache name... and variants on the

GC colours to avoid cw infringement... ha ha. Sometimes simple is best, especially at 75x75.

Is there some basic idea you have,,, if you don't know, just close your eyes and think about what you expect to see... that's basically what we all do... some better than others... Sometimes it doesn't come

until you realize what you DON'T want...

As for the TWJ project... I notice you guys both went for 'similar' clothes... I was thinking about the request

asking for the SAME clothes... something like the pushmepullyou of Dr. Doolittle... mr/mrs Moses and two large GPS taking the place of the stone tablets, each going the other way... one large set of robes...

what can I say... I'm creative for a technician, technical for a poor artist... always good for ideas, but still a bit limited in art skills, but getting better.

Off topic, but did you ever find that cacher or teacher... I'll watch the TB thread for reply...

Doug

Hey,

Sorry I didn't give you any more information, our current picture was the first picture we took at one of our first geocaches, so significant in that way.

I find it hard to find anything interesting to say about me and what we get up to, we started geocaching as a way of getting out a bit more, to get some more exercise, generally we like spending time together, we like swimming, I'm a mostly stay at home mum and dh works for a newspaper printing company.

I guess id like to see possible the inititals TEK or the full name in the avator but to be honest i've got know ideas thats why we've got the current picture!

I hope that helps!

Thank you

Becky :lol:

Sorry I didn't give you any more information, our current picture was the first picture we took at one of our first geocaches, so significant in that way.

I find it hard to find anything interesting to say about me and what we get up to, we started geocaching as a way of getting out a bit more, to get some more exercise, generally we like spending time together, we like swimming, I'm a mostly stay at home mum and dh works for a newspaper printing company.

I guess id like to see possible the inititals TEK or the full name in the avator but to be honest i've got know ideas thats why we've got the current picture!

I hope that helps!

Thank you Becky :(

Thanks... I must have missed a few pages of pics when I first scoped out your profile... I found the better

ones of the 'electric fish'... Not sure that helps, but I like the design... I believe in simple when small.

You can always scale up size... Problem with avatars is that big images get squished down anyway, with some bizarre results... look back or in the avatar testing thread at the beginning of the getting started forum.

Simple works best. I'm doing a simple one for fun... I'm just short of time right now... Better after Friday...

Probably NOT what you want, but that's OK, since almost no one gets it first time... Take a look up the postings for what I'm working with 'ertyu'... that was about the 5th or 6th variant before we tested it...

We are already up to 8 and 9 fine tuning... we're both occupied right now... so it will sit a bit more.

No problem... I bet BC & MsKitty and some others are thinking too... One thing I lack at the moment is

a method to show it here... I'll work on that one... I think I'm going to need it... I'll try emailing you

to tell you about it... yakking here doesn't always work well...

Doug

I hope that helps!

Thank you

Becky :D

Here are a couple... :)

TEK1.jpg ..... TEK2.jpg

Here are a couple... :D

TEK1.jpg ..... TEK2.jpg

Nice... I've been thinking about the project... but haven't had a lot of free time to doodle...

Things ranginf from the fish mosaic to word and initial stuff like yours... also one other variant once I figure out a new to me software... (hate changing graphics programs)... Becky will certainly have some choosing to do... I've been trying to find out just what her wants were... although the only major problem has been that I so far don't have any useful way to display stuff like this... so far... I had to do it by email...

Like that change to Iphone... Not sure what he wanted either... I was going to put a bullet hole thru it as a joke!... he did say take a shot...

Come to think, I have to get ertyu back online... he is still mulling final changes to his... that's more my style than 'flat' images... been very busy though. Nice to chat... sorry I'm long winded.

Doug If you haven't emailed her I'll mention this post...I think they're about to travel a bit. not sure when.

Here are a couple... :D

TEK1.jpg ..... TEK2.jpg

Nice... I've been thinking about the project... but haven't had a lot of free time to doodle...

Things ranginf from the fish mosaic to word and initial stuff like yours... also one other variant once I figure out a new to me software... (hate changing graphics programs)... Becky will certainly have some choosing to do... I've been trying to find out just what her wants were... although the only major problem has been that I so far don't have any useful way to display stuff like this... so far... I had to do it by email...

Like that change to Iphone... Not sure what he wanted either... I was going to put a bullet hole thru it as a joke!... he did say take a shot...

Come to think, I have to get ertyu back online... he is still mulling final changes to his... that's more my style than 'flat' images... been very busy though. Nice to chat... sorry I'm long winded.

Doug If you haven't emailed her I'll mention this post...I think they're about to travel a bit. not sure when.

Hiya,

I really like the one with our full name, i like the font, the background is a bit loud for me, its made me think that a camo background would be good, preferably in pink - that would make it a bit tacky but in keeping iwth the essex part of our name!

Thanks for your ideas both of you.

Becky

Hiya,

I really like the one with our full name, i like the font, the background is a bit loud for me, its made me think that a camo background would be good, preferably in pink - that would make it a bit tacky but in keeping iwth the essex part of our name!

Thanks for your ideas both of you.

Becky

Okay, here are some more. The text was geocaching colors. Not sure if you wanted that changed too? <_<

tek4.jpg ... tek3.jpg ... tek5.jpg

Y'all do OUTSTANDING work!!!!

Could we ask for one based on our name? Pretty, pretty please. :rolleyes:

Edited to add: Maybe something with a magnifying glass with an ammo can inside it and our name? You can use whatever colors you think best.

We sure would appreciate it as I'm certainly not artistic (unless it has to do with yarn, lol) and the guys just don't have time to come up with anything right now.

Edited by Team Cache Scene Investigators

Hi there

I just discovered this topic and it seems awesome ...

I made an avatar myself with the travel bug logo, but I think that is not quite ok with the rules ...

Can anybody help me with an avatar where there is still a travel bug in, but somewhat reformed and in colour? I haven't got much inspiration myself ...

"Wa3" is a reference to our kids (parts of their names put together), so I don't know if you can do anthing with that... Most of the time we go caching with our team of four: 2 children, my wife and myself.

Thanks in advance!

For those of us who have no artistic talent this is like a wizard offerig to do a spell for us. I tried to make an avatar online once and got completely frustrated.

Could you come up with one based on these facts

My geocaching nickname is Wooden Cyclist. It comes from my other hobbies, woodworking and cycling.

I use a BlackBerry as a GPSr

I am rather large for a bicyclist.

If you have time you could work on one for my 9 yr old son. Cacher Aliens is his nickname.

Thanks

I was just lookig through some clip art in word to see if I can come up with some sort of template or idea but I'm not coming up with anything right off. Maybe I can get some help from this thread. What I picture for "The Lazy Sunbathers" is a big guy sleeping in a beach chair, all sunburned with the sun overhead with some sort of geocache logo in it. Or maybe a big beach umbrella with the with the logo colors on it. I'll keep looking but if you can hook a brother up I'de be totallly stoked!!

I was just lookig through some clip art in word to see if I can come up with some sort of template or idea but I'm not coming up with anything right off. Maybe I can get some help from this thread. What I picture for "The Lazy Sunbathers" is a big guy sleeping in a beach chair, all sunburned with the sun overhead with some sort of geocache logo in it. Or maybe a big beach umbrella with the with the logo colors on it. I'll keep looking but if you can hook a brother up I'de be totallly stoked!!

Only had time to play around using a new software to me... anything like this... ps. it's still a draft image. I'm still having trouble getting it to stay close to the colours I select when shrinking... Just want to know if this is the right direction...

Doug

beach75h.jpg

Only had time to play around using a new software to me... anything like this... ps. it's still a draft image. I'm still having trouble getting it to stay close to the colours I select when shrinking... Just want to know if this is the right direction...

Doug

beach75h.jpg

Sorry for the late response! I think the concept is perfect. Maybe have a few Z,Z,Z's coming out near the head like he's sleaping! What program is the most popular for creating these avatar pics? I'de like to try and learn how to create these on my own too! Thnx.

Sorry for the late response! I think the concept is perfect. Maybe have a few Z,Z,Z's coming out near the head like he's sleaping! What program is the most popular for creating these avatar pics? I'de like to try and learn how to create these on my own too! Thnx.

Hi There... That was the first one I've created from scratch using this new (to me) software... It's an older version of Paint Shop Pro 7... the last JASC version I hear... Many people of course use Photoshop.. or just about anything that will create an image or alter one... Blue Deuce and others pointed me at the Irfanview software package for imagery... I like it, but it still is a bit sloppy compared to what I'm used to. It is a terrific program for it's versatility though... and the price is certainly right... I don't have the url right to hand, I can post that when I have some time after tomorrow... or you can google it...

As for the 'sunbather'... I've actually been improving that one a bit... I'll get the 'newer' version up here for you... Like I tell people... the really big problem is that 75x75 pixel limitation... .jpg images are compressed and they mess up the intended coloring... same for any details... THAT is where I'm having the tough time, since I'm not used to working with .jpg for line art... you do start to get a feel for what will work and what won't... I originally did the image much larger and shrunk it... that so I control the appearance as much as possible... If you send a large image or a different format... or both... GC chooses the resize and other to make it a 75 pixel square... Take a look thru this thread to see what happens... One can always expand a good small drawing for larger purposes, but it's really tough to shrink well. I am highly impressed with some of the others work in maintaining small text... mine dissappears and I try to avoid it... one thing for when the text is everything there is... but not small stuff... Any ways... some zzz's and maybe a small refreshment container might be possible soon... Then you can try again...

Doug

I've been doing a bit of upgrading recently such as: upgraded my 60CSx to an Oregon; upgrading my family by adding a baby girl (due in June). So I thought maybe it's time to upgrade my avatar as well.

I like the basic design, but was hoping someone with both a good imagination and some artistic skill could give me a bit of help on this.

Here's my current one:

b98bb990-548d-4759-867d-fedc88959d60.jpg

Edited by BRTango