Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

Hey I love what you're doing!!!

My name is SCUZBALL

I'm 17, into Japanese culture, and I would love an avitar.

Do I just ask like that? do I owe you something? how do i go about requesting an avitar?

I would love something with arrows in it, like these

ddrarrows.jpg

let me know what to do ASAP!

THANK YOU!

Yup, just like that. :) Here's one with the arrows:

scuzball.jpg

Hokay

My caching name is Fidjit, but truth is I don't even know how you'd represent a fidjit :blink: This nick started when I started baiting a 649er. Fidjit stood for F(*ken Idjit :unsure:

I didn't realise how seriously I'd get into caching when I signed up , but since I've found and hidden a few don't want to change my nick here. Normally my login would be Limbot ( Z80 inside ).

What I'd like is a cartoon robot geocaching........

Anybody willing to give it a go ?? :ph34r:

Here you go :blink:

fidjit.jpg

Hokay

My caching name is Fidjit, but truth is I don't even know how you'd represent a fidjit :unsure: This nick started when I started baiting a 649er. Fidjit stood for F(*ken Idjit :blink:

I didn't realise how seriously I'd get into caching when I signed up , but since I've found and hidden a few don't want to change my nick here. Normally my login would be Limbot ( Z80 inside ).

What I'd like is a cartoon robot geocaching........

Anybody willing to give it a go ?? :blink:

Here you go :ph34r:

fidjit.jpg

Mizdeeds, fantastic job. I love it. No problems if I print off some sig stickers to put when I find caches ???

Thanks again.

Fidjit

Hi

I have been reading this thread with interest. I would love a cool avatar, but lack the required talent.

If anyone wants to give it a go that would be great.

Our caching name is BlazingOtters (we are a family of 5)

The Blazing part of our name comes from me being a firefighter and from us 'blazing' a trail.

The Otters part of our name comes from us living by the River Otter and because we like Otters.

Us your imagination for the avatar but I would like it to include an otter.

Thanks

Steve

don't know if anyone is still taking requests, but if so, i have one please:

GC ID: GnOArmyChicks

we leave little plastic army dudes, green and orange, as our sig item and would like an avatar with one of each, in different poses. you know, the traditional poses that you see these guys in.

i have tried to put one together, but i am not artistic and my clip art book, amazingly, does not have images of little green army men. 1400+ pages of images, but not the ones i need in this case.

thanks in advance to anyone that responds.

the Chicks

Edited by GnOArmyChicks

I'm looking for a new avatar design. I'd like to stick with the rounded lower case 'e' but would like to have it look like a 3D bent metal wire/cylinder. Have that positioned at an oblique angle, tilted back at the right perhaps and viewed from slightly above center. Perhaps with a shiny black floor or square plane beneath it, perhaps even a spot light effect. Something along those lines. I'm debating if I want a Canadian Maple Leaf adorned to it or not. I don't have the skills or tools to bring this to fruition, anyone up for the challenge?

They look great...thanks again!! :rolleyes:

So....are you up for another challenge?

How about a diff path tag for my team

CacheSibs (at top)

Day in the Delta (at botom)

with our avatar that my sister made? I'll have her email it to me so I can show you. Or, you can see her original version on our CacheSibs profile.

Have fun :rolleyes:

Sure! But, with summer here and golf and geocaching in full swing, I'm not at the computer as much. It will take me a bit longer but I will work on it!

:rolleyes:

I was wondering if anyone could help an artistically challenged fellow out.

below is an image of the stamp I use as my signature

What I would love is to get a graphic in 300 dpi of the turtle black outline aimed down and to the right over an outline of the continents (global view) centered on North America with the geocache colors showing through the continents like I see with some state and country outlines. The whole thing above a gradient blue faint at top getting darker on way down. My plan is to use this for a custom poker chip and on a calling card. Also getting "Cliff's Notes" into the thing with the aim to fit into circular objects.

If I do this and I really wanna I will send some of each color chip to the fellow who can lend me a hand.

My turtle, you can see angle I like in avatar I am using at this time.

TURTLE.gif

rough idea of continental outline

istockphoto_1016837_globe_view_north_america.jpg

or

namerica1.gif

Edited by Cliff's Notes

They look great...thanks again!! :anitongue:

So....are you up for another challenge?

How about a diff path tag for my team

CacheSibs (at top)

Day in the Delta (at botom)

with our avatar that my sister made? I'll have her email it to me so I can show you. Or, you can see her original version on our CacheSibs profile.

Have fun :laughing:

Almost finished.... will email it to you shortly!

It has been a couple of years since I started using the avatar I currently have and I still don't have a creative bone in my body. I would love something that I can use as a pathtag and as my new avatar. I'm loving all the work I'm seeing!

Mintaka is the third star in the belt of Orion.

Thanks!

My avatar suits me fine but it's now the wrong size to fit the new site. It shows up on the main gc.com page as a squished version of itself. Can someone tell me how to make it the proper size without screwing it all up? I know I can simply make it smaller all over but then it's really little. How can I take an image that is 75 x 102 and make it into a square 75 x 75 image to fit the new site design (also an 85 x 85 for POI Factory) without screwing it up?

As you can tell, I lack any trace of the graphics gene....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also have an animated version that I need to fix. Sigh......

These are the images in question.

thrak-SAT-_color1.jpg

Thrak_Icon_-_Ani.gif

Edited by Thrak

Didn't want you to think I forgot.... I'm just having issues creating it! So far I'm not liking how it's turning out...

:mad:

Oh gosh - I hope you like a challenge! LOL! Your help is most appreciated - thanks! :yikes:

Okay, here you go... I'm still not sure I like it! Let me know what you think.

teamsassy-av-T.jpg

teamsassy-sig-T-2.jpg

Oh yes! Thank you! So sorry it took me this long to see it - I was injured and out of circulation for a while. Cool beans! Great job! Thanks again!

The new site screwed up my avitar. Could someone get things fixed up? Also, instead of the GC logo below Marvin would it be possible to use a state outline of Washington State? That might help with the sizing. I also use a version for my sig item only that has jholly was here wrapped around the top. I have the original files, or take a look at post #2162 and #2166. I use the one from 2166 on my sig item and I clipped the jholly was here from 2162 for the forum avitar.

TIA,

Jim

Ack! How do I resize the avatar for forum use?

Yikes! I've been busy and not here so much lately. I'll have to take a look and see what they've done to the sizing requirements. Used to be fine to have it 200 pixels tall, but now they appear to be shrinking that quite a bit!

:D

My avatar suits me fine but it's now the wrong size to fit the new site. It shows up on the main gc.com page as a squished version of itself. Can someone tell me how to make it the proper size without screwing it all up? I know I can simply make it smaller all over but then it's really little. How can I take an image that is 75 x 102 and make it into a square 75 x 75 image to fit the new site design (also an 85 x 85 for POI Factory) without screwing it up?

thrak-SAT-_color1.jpg

Thrak_Icon_-_Ani.gif

Couldn't do the animated one... here are some for the other:

75x75

thrak-75-1.jpg

thrak-75-2.jpg

85x85

thrak-85.jpg

thrak-85-2.jpg

The new site screwed up my avitar. Could someone get things fixed up? Also, instead of the GC logo below Marvin would it be possible to use a state outline of Washington State? That might help with the sizing. I also use a version for my sig item only that has jholly was here wrapped around the top. I have the original files, or take a look at post #2162 and #2166. I use the one from 2166 on my sig item and I clipped the jholly was here from 2162 for the forum avitar.

TIA,

Jim

Okay, resized, with WA ...

jholly-newforumav.jpg

And WA added to sig:

jholly-newsig.jpg

thrak-SAT-_color1.jpg

Thrak_Icon_-_Ani.gif

Couldn't do the animated one... here are some for the other:

75x75

thrak-75-1.jpg

thrak-75-2.jpg

85x85

thrak-85.jpg

thrak-85-2.jpg

Many thanks. Your's came out much better than my attempts. Sadly, it's still a bit squished. I'm really pissed off at Groundspeak for making this change. I may have to come up with a new avatar.

we leave little plastic army dudes, green and orange, as our sig item and would like an avatar with one of each, in different poses. you know, the traditional poses that you see these guys in.

i have tried to put one together, but i am not artistic and my clip art book, amazingly, does not have images of little green army men. 1400+ pages of images, but not the ones i need in this case.

the Chicks

Here you go :rolleyes:

ArmyChicks-av.jpg

the Chicks

Here you go B)

ArmyChicks-av.jpg

oh my goodness!! thank you so much!! it is perfect!

i posted so long ago, i wasn't really sure if anyone had seen the request. thank you thank you thank you!!!

:cool::cool::rolleyes::lol:

Many thanks. Your's came out much better than my attempts. Sadly, it's still a bit squished. I'm really pissed off at Groundspeak for making this change. I may have to come up with a new avatar.

I'm not too happy with it myself! I liked being able to make the avs longer to make up for the 80-pixel width limitation.

You're welcome. :rolleyes: Sorry I couldn't help with the animated one.

I was wondering if anyone could help an artistically challenged fellow out.

below is an image of the stamp I use as my signature

What I would love is to get a graphic in 300 dpi of the turtle black outline aimed down and to the right over an outline of the continents (global view) centered on North America with the geocache colors showing through the continents like I see with some state and country outlines. The whole thing above a gradient blue faint at top getting darker on way down. My plan is to use this for a custom poker chip and on a calling card. Also getting "Cliff's Notes" into the thing with the aim to fit into circular objects.

If I do this and I really wanna I will send some of each color chip to the fellow who can lend me a hand.

My turtle, you can see angle I like in avatar I am using at this time.

Okay, I took a stab at this one. :rolleyes:

cliffs-notes.gif

I'm not too happy with it myself! I liked being able to make the avs longer to make up for the 80-pixel width limitation.

You're welcome. :rolleyes: Sorry I couldn't help with the animated one.

Oh, please..... don't get me wrong. I'm extremely happy with your help. I'm just not at all happy with the ham-handed way Groundspeak came in and screwed up so many people's avatars. It's idiotic and totally unnecessary. Everything worked fine and they arbitrarily decided to screw things up. It makes NO sense at all. It reminds me of a government move where it's done just because somebody "decided" that's the way it needs to be done.

I've been a staunch supporter of Groundspeak and their policies - until now. This particular change seems to have been implemented for NO good reason. If they want to ban me for saying so then so be it. This is a FREAKING STUPID AND POINTLESS change. Whoever decided this was "the law" should have their a** kicked hard.

Thanks again for helping with the avatar re-sizing. I had no luck at all making it work. You had "mostly" a success but it still suffers due to admininstrative "I'm GOD and screw the rest of you" thinking.

Ack! How do I resize the avatar for forum use?

Here you go... not sure I still like that font... ?

teamsassy-newsize.jpg

Thanks! I think I'm still doing something wrong though... :blink:

Mizdeeds - I have another request - would it be possible to e-mail me a high resolution file of the avatar without the writing on the smiley? We want to get embroidered shirts, but the name inside the circle seems to be a problem and the larger avatar is the one that has the writing on the inside. Thanks, and we LOVE the avatar!

Edited by Sassygeogirl

Mizdeeds - I have another request - would it be possible to e-mail me a high resolution file of the avatar without the writing on the smiley? We want to get embroidered shirts, but the name inside the circle seems to be a problem and the larger avatar is the one that has the writing on the inside. Thanks, and we LOVE the avatar!

Sure thing. PM me your email address and I'll send it.

I was looking at the avatar that's distorted. The file it's using is 27 pixels x 75 pixels. Not sure how it got like that, it should be 75 x 75. You might want to completely delete that one, then re-download the one in the above post and then re-upload it for your av. Hopefully that will fix it!

:sad:

Hi, i have an avatar that i sue most of the time but would like to have it changed a bit for geocaching. Could you incorporate the geocache sympol in this picture for me.

taz.jpg

Im planning on printing out some stickers also so if you could also have a normal sized pic as well.

Thx,

Nick

Hi, i have an avatar that i sue most of the time but would like to have it changed a bit for geocaching. Could you incorporate the geocache sympol in this picture for me.

Im planning on printing out some stickers also so if you could also have a normal sized pic as well.

Thx,

Nick

Haven't been in the forums in a while! :lol: How about this?

taz-av.jpg

And large size:

teamtaz.jpg

Do you need an Avatar?

Do you need help with a current Avatar?

Do you have questions about Avatars?

This is your place

Many people ask for help on their avatars. Well, I like to help and so do many other people in the forums.

This is your place to bring them to our attention.

How can we help you today?

user posted image

I've got a tough one for who ever might want to try it. Our caching name is Swampgirl & Bugboy & TAG.

We would love to have an avatar but have no idea how to incorporate our interest and or names into

an avatar. TAG stands for THE ANONYMOUS GEOCACHER, Swampgirl is from La. and Bugboy is 12 and catches anything that moves. We are also very much into our Jeep if that could be incorporated somehow. We would love to have an avatar if someone comes up with something. Thanks in advance.

Hello all. Im looking for ideas on an avatar, pathtag, sig card, whatever. I'm not very artistic nor creative so any help is welcome. We are the Saginaw Bloodhounds. Anything that can work that into it would be cool. I appreciate the help. :-)

Here's something:

saginawbloodhounds-av.jpg

And bigger for sig cards:

saginawbloodhounds.jpg

;)

There is some GREAT work here.

Anyone care to give this a try?

Termite Hunter

Male, Structural Pest Control Regulator for the State of NC

Something with a termite (not too cartoony or typical hunting equipment)

I work mostly in the city, in, around and UNDER homes with a flashlight, big screwdriver and computer.

Current avatar is an actual termite and I just liked the blue swirl (kind of 007ish) Prefer the darker colors and glow of the blue

Ok, anyone up for this? We're McDonalds..Jim and Cheryl. When I registered it was only using my name, but would really like something reflecting the two of us.Perhaps some thing Celtic to reflect our Irish heritage, We're 63, soon to retire (less than 400 days) to SE MO from KS. Currently using two Explorist 500's, but awaiting the arrival of a De Loreme PN40. Other pastimes are reading, woodworking and quilting.

Thanks in advance

Jim McDonald