Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

Okay, let's see...

you must be from Goshen, Indiana, the maple city. Your current avitar is probably your badge. I'm guessing you want something different in order to have a clearer image or a more personalized one, something that represents you, personally, rather than the department in general.

What if we do a traditional shield shape (not just round), highlighted to give it a 3-D look; have a maple leaf, same color as now, on a white background; use the same sort of gold trimming; have the name "Miller Family" at the top and...

some sort of symbol over the maple leaf. I know the current image is of two guys with guns. Perhaps something more geocaching-related? Either that or a different symbol, something easier to see.

Any avatar ideas for "ChaseOnTheGo"?

You could start by telling us a little about yourself. Before anyone can suggest a symbol that represents you, personally, we would need to know what kind of person you are.

You could tell us the meaning behind your name.

My name is Chase and I am always "On the go". I am turning 15 next month so I am a young cacher that has found over 800 caches. I have been geocaching since 04'. Nothing else really went into my handle..whatever you can come up with would be great!

Miller Family:

1c3476cf-1471-4b3c-814b-0c63d8ffe5b8.jpg

ddcfdff1-cdf0-43c1-9a18-ff0ac891caa0.jpg

b4027c61-1483-4d0b-bf4f-5f3c8953b12e.jpg

82cd6c0d-d131-430a-9cf7-eda403c500a5.jpg

Well, I started out with the emblem of three swat team members, only to discover that it looks like an ink spill when it gets shrunk down to a smaller size. So I went back and re-did it to pare it down to two members. The edge of the shield looks grainy because I doubled the size midway through the design to keep myself from going blind while working on it. They're actually meant to be displayed at half the size you see here. I could shrink it for you, but that will happen anyway, if you make it an avitar. Besides, you can always cut a rope shorter, but you can't cut it longer, if you get my drift. If it matters, I can always smooth it out for you, but that will take a few days, as I'll have to get to another computer to do it right.

Any avatar ideas for "ChaseOnTheGo"?

You could start by telling us a little about yourself. Before anyone can suggest a symbol that represents you, personally, we would need to know what kind of person you are.

You could tell us the meaning behind your name.

My name is Chase and I am always "On the go". I am turning 15 next month so I am a young cacher that has found over 800 caches. I have been geocaching since 04'. Nothing else really went into my handle..whatever you can come up with would be great!

Well...I'll start brainstorming. I've got your name and the fact that you like to go geocaching. That's enough to give us some word art. Not a lot of symbolism to work with yet. The more I have to work with, the more confident I am that I'm working in the right direction...the harder I'm willing to work on it... the better it ends up looking.

I'd be curious to know if there are other people out there interested in designing one. I just jumped in here, and I don't mean to take over the show.

Our name is "rozecki" there are 5 of us. Rozecki is Polish for rose so we would like a rose and I am Irish so maybe a shamrock or some other type of irish symbol. We live in NJ and we use a garmin GPSMAP60cs. We make a lot of puzzle caches. Other than we are open to anything that pops into your head. Thanks! It is very cool of you to offer to fo this for people

Greetings one and all! I found this image on the net. It was a little small so I enlarged it, cleaned it up and added detail. But my skills pale in comparison to those here. I was hoping some one could make it look nicer. I would like to be able to use it in a sig item. Tho I have yet to figure out what I am going to make for a sig item yet.

pepe_le_peu.gif

John Z. Doe

Greetings one and all! I found this image on the net. It was a little small so I enlarged it, cleaned it up and added detail. But my skills pale in comparison to those here. I was hoping some one could make it look nicer. I would like to be able to use it in a sig item. Tho I have yet to figure out what I am going to make for a sig item yet.

pepe_le_peu.gif

John Z. Doe

mad0228.gif It's times like these when I wish I didn't have a filtered internet service. I can't see a thing. I just don't get access to photobucket.com

snip image

John Z. Doe

mad0228.gif It's times like these when I wish I didn't have a filtered internet service. I can't see a thing. I just don't get access to photobucket.com

I hope this works. I am a bit new at this. I was going to try and use google's version of photo bucket but I do not have OS enough to run the custom uploader that it required. Where as photobucket has more options that can be used with any OS.

621d4895-b6bf-4787-a2ae-891328962650.jpg

John Z. Doe

I did mine, from a GIF of a squirrel with the Superman Emblem, converting it to a JPeG using Windows Paint.

UberSquirrel, was a mixture of someone else's Supersquirrel, whited-out the emblem in the center,

placing a reduced picture of the 'UberBots' emblem (Avon High School's Robotics team, F.I.R.S.T. #1124)

next to it, and cut/paste a section of the squirrel's belly over the emblem (in opaque mode, NOT overwrite.)

then, cut/paste the whole section back. Then, reduced down to size..

I initially created the avatar for the Uberbot's forum, with the same slogon: "Ubersquirrel, Let's get NUTZ!"

Objective: Start with a normal size picture, THEN reduce it.

Stephen (gelfling6)

Edited by gelfling6

I am looking for a AVATAR

Using my name KIT CAT

with a laughing cat

Thank you

Perhaps I could interest you in one of these:

a6fea447-c417-4a52-b4ae-14f0abfee8b5.jpg

You know, I had a cat for over a decade, and not once did it laugh. I think that if it ever had, I would have run like the wind. :tired: It was a hard thing to imagine, at first, but the internet provided some good material to work with.

While proofreading this message I suddenly discovered that I had misspelled your name. Ooops. No, I'm guessing you wouldn't be interested in a "Kit Kat" avitar. I went back and changed it in a hurry.

I did mine, from a GIF of a squirrel with the Superman Emblem, converting it to a JPeG using Windows Paint.

UberSquirrel, was a mixture of someone else's Supersquirrel, whited-out the emblem in the center,

placing a reduced picture of the 'UberBots' emblem (Avon High School's Robotics team, F.I.R.S.T. #1124)

next to it, and cut/paste a section of the squirrel's belly over the emblem (in opaque mode, NOT overwrite.)

then, cut/paste the whole section back. Then, reduced down to size..

I initially created the avatar for the Uberbot's forum, with the same slogon: "Ubersquirrel, Let's get NUTZ!"

Objective: Start with a normal size picture, THEN reduce it.

Stephen (gelfling6)

In a nutshell :anibad:

Except that it gets reduced anyway when it becomes an avitar, so as long as the original is bigger than about 75 pixels wide, then it's good enough.

Our name is "rozecki" there are 5 of us. Rozecki is Polish for rose so we would like a rose and I am Irish so maybe a shamrock or some other type of irish symbol. We live in NJ and we use a garmin GPSMAP60cs. We make a lot of puzzle caches. Other than we are open to anything that pops into your head. Thanks! It is very cool of you to offer to fo this for people

7888fe9a-0597-4596-b5ef-47c139bd8de4.jpg

Okay, I'll bite. If you don't like it you can toss it back :anibad:

I hope this works. I am a bit new at this. I was going to try and use google's version of photo bucket but I do not have OS enough to run the custom uploader that it required. Where as photobucket has more options that can be used with any OS.

621d4895-b6bf-4787-a2ae-891328962650.jpg

John Z. Doe

375314b3-9e28-4d46-95c6-cc2e17e683e5.jpg

Not entirely sure what it is that you want. Did you want any background with that? Your name, perhaps? I may just edit-out those lines running through the whites of the eyes. They just don't make any sense to me.

Edited by nonaeroterraqueous

Snip out large image

John Z. Doe

375314b3-9e28-4d46-95c6-cc2e17e683e5.jpg

Not entirely sure what it is that you want. Did you want any background with that? Your name, perhaps? I may just edit-out those lines running through the whites of the eyes. They just don't make any sense to me.

Not entirely sure myself. The image I ended up with just seemed flat I guess. The coloring you did is less stark than the black and white of my image. I thought about the lines in the eyes but I did not like them with out the lines. Maby it needs larger pupils instead. I can add a name or such to it easy enough. Don't need a background. It is mostly matter of improving the look of the image either thru better coloring or shading. Both of witch I am lacking in skills with.

John Z. Doe

Well, my gut reaction with the lines in the eyes is that it seems to approximate the lines on the sides of the eyes that Charles Schultz used on his Peanuts characters, indicating a feeling of being overwhelmed or embarassed. Something like this:

dfd4b8b6-34be-40cf-9f2d-955a84f20759.jpg

Well, anyway, I've saved all of my intermediate sketches, so if you want any further changes I'll be more than happy to give it a shot. :rolleyes: Thanks for letting me have a crack at it.

I can't believe I have never really noticed this thread before. What kind of a geek am I?!

Anyway, we have been struggling with creating an avatar. We are both computer geeks, but neither of us is very good at the graphics stuff. In fact, we are downright terrible at it.

We are mostly looking for something to embody our caching handle.

I hope that's enough to work with!

Looking at the other offerings here, I would say that anything you come up with will be 1000% (I know a very non-geeky number) better than anything we have toyed with so far.

-SGG

This AVATAR is great i really appreciate all your hard work

as soon as i saw it i loved it :anibad:

I am looking for a AVATAR

Using my name KIT CAT

with a laughing cat

Thank you

Perhaps I could interest you in one of these:

a6fea447-c417-4a52-b4ae-14f0abfee8b5.jpg

You know, I had a cat for over a decade, and not once did it laugh. I think that if it ever had, I would have run like the wind. :laughing: It was a hard thing to imagine, at first, but the internet provided some good material to work with.

While proofreading this message I suddenly discovered that I had misspelled your name. Ooops. No, I'm guessing you wouldn't be interested in a "Kit Kat" avitar. I went back and changed it in a hurry.

Well, my gut reaction with the lines in the eyes is that it seems to approximate the lines on the sides of the eyes that Charles Schultz used on his Peanuts characters, indicating a feeling of being overwhelmed or embarassed. Something like this:

Snipped nifty picture

Well, anyway, I've saved all of my intermediate sketches, so if you want any further changes I'll be more than happy to give it a shot. :laughing: Thanks for letting me have a crack at it.

I had not thought of those types of lines. They are a little hard to see in this image tho. Not sure of the coloring in the tail but I think I can deal with that. I will do some stuff with it then repost it to see what you think. It will prolly take a few days. I see a few other little problems with it that I want to fix. Tho it is not your fault but my mistakes. I certainly appreciate the little bit of work you have done for me.

John Z. Doe

This AVATAR is great i really appreciate all your hard work

as soon as i saw it i loved it :lol:

Glad you liked it :unsure:

I had not thought of those types of lines. They are a little hard to see in this image tho. Not sure of the coloring in the tail but I think I can deal with that. I will do some stuff with it then repost it to see what you think. It will prolly take a few days. I see a few other little problems with it that I want to fix. Tho it is not your fault but my mistakes. I certainly appreciate the little bit of work you have done for me.

John Z. Doe

Good luck on it.

I'll be going on vacation in a few days, so I probably won't get started on anything new until I get back. Aside from that, I've got a new graphic design program, thanks to Martinelli, that I want to get to know a little better (and hopefully not beat myself to death with MS Paint anymore). If anyone else wants to jump in and design a few, don't be shy. It's really great fun.

I was wondering if there was anybody out there who could improve upon our "Smiley G" logo or our "WMC Brand". We actually have two avatars that we use interchangeably, I'll include them both. Perhaps something that incorporates both?

You can choose one and modify just that one, or you can work with both of them together. Thanks! :ninja:

The "Smiley G"

0c736516-8100-4a19-b6a5-9e05ba440cba.jpg

The "WMC Brand"

3343bd43-36d6-49b7-8322-0f9a106ce1ca.jpg

I have recently moved to SC and was wondering if anyone in here could create another signature photo similar to this one one but with the state of SC instead of Maine. My avatar is the one in the center. I make my own signature items by printing them out on magnetic sheets. Thanks for the help Haffy

HaffyWasHere.jpg

Ok here is some help, I have my avatar and a new pic of SC that I tried to make, it may need some tweaking but it was the best I could do with PSE2.

av-898.gif

SCoutcopy.jpg

Edited by haffy

I can't believe I have never really noticed this thread before. What kind of a geek am I?!

Anyway, we have been struggling with creating an avatar. We are both computer geeks, but neither of us is very good at the graphics stuff. In fact, we are downright terrible at it.

Looking at the other offerings here, I would say that anything you come up with will be 1000% (I know a very non-geeky number) better than anything we have toyed with so far.

-SGG

Here's a stab at it...

SeattleGeekGrrrlz.jpg

And small...

SeattleGeekGrrrlzSmall.jpg

-SGG

Here's a stab at it...

SeattleGeekGrrrlz.jpg

And small...

SeattleGeekGrrrlzSmall.jpg

Wow!! We loove it! thanks! It will be added to our profile soon! ...and you even guessed we both wear glasses. :P

Edited by seattlegeekgrrrlz

7888fe9a-0597-4596-b5ef-47c139bd8de4.jpg

Okay, I'll bite. If you don't like it you can toss it back :laughing:

LOVE IT! THANKS so much. This is way cooler than anything I could have managed!!!!!

After not having an avatar for most of my adult life, I suddenly feel the need for one. Perhaps this will pass. Perhaps it's just gas.

Anyway, I'm a cellist professionally, and often hunt geocaches on the way to/from gigs, so some kind of cello/gps thingie would be cool. Any ideas? Thanks!

I really hate to ask as it seems you're overwhelmed but I give up. I have tried to make my own avitar and failed. So I ask the pros. I've been trying to create something with a mountain background ( no snowcaps) and a rose compass. We are a family of five who really enjoy hiking as well as geocaching. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

O.K. here goes. You can see our current avitar, but it really just shows half the team. Hubby is a firefighter, I am a RN. Our other two team members are teens. The 17 y.o. girl, likes anime, Japan and anything Canadian. The 15 y.o. boy is "emo". He wears girl pants, listens to "emo" music.. has black hair that is shorter in back and bangs cover his face. Does anyone think they can make an avitar that shows all four of us and uses the name Team Fireboy? Thanks in advance for trying!

This is the first time I've been to this thread. All I can say is, WOW! I am impressed with the creativity of the designers and their responsivness to give back to the community.

If I may make a request and challenge your creativity levels, my two sons and I -- aka 6 Feet More -- would love to have a custom logo/avatar. Like many others, I have no software or enough creative brain cells to offer any suggestions. I am completely open to any ideas you might offer.

We live on the Gulf Coast of FL, use a Garmin 60CSx,

Andy, Drew and Max Mason

aka 6 Feet More

Thanks!

I would like an avatar to match my name...Mustard Devil

The last time I tried even simple html I made a mess on texasgeocaching.com!

My posts were about 10 miles long untill 9key fixed what I fouled up.

But what is a Mustard Devil??

Every yin has its yang

Just for fun....

The arch rival to Mustard Devil...

56b3a9ca-8e11-4669-b95f-b7ec98559485.jpg

CatsupAngel!

Can anybody hook a brother up - I'm looking for an animated bobble head using my avatar. I just would like the head to move, is this possible? Thank you for your cinsideration :lol:

4a16d74a23.gif

Bobble-heads...

this just cracks me up.

:) don't tell anyone I did this.

He's not on-beat with my music. I think he bobbles to the beat of a different drum.

Don't stare at it too long or you'll lose your marbles. I was able to upload this to a free image hosting service. GC.com doesn't do animated GIFs.

This is the first time I've been to this thread. All I can say is, WOW! I am impressed with the creativity of the designers and their responsivness to give back to the community.

If I may make a request and challenge your creativity levels, my two sons and I -- aka 6 Feet More -- would love to have a custom logo/avatar. Like many others, I have no software or enough creative brain cells to offer any suggestions. I am completely open to any ideas you might offer.

We live on the Gulf Coast of FL, use a Garmin 60CSx,

Andy, Drew and Max Mason

aka 6 Feet More

Thanks!

Saw your post and had a thought.... may not be what you're looking for, but I figured I'd give it a go... Let me know what you think...

small

6feetsmall.jpg

large

6feetlarge.jpg