Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

These avatar's have been great!! We have never thought of getting one before, but looking at these makes me want one too. Not too hard to tell from our username that we are a husband/wife team. We use a Garmin geko GPS have been geocaching since Christmas 2004. We have been involved with Boy Scouts and both have earned the highest award a council can give the Silver Beaver award. We are currently involved with Habitat for Humanity being the President and Treasurer of our local Habitat. I love Eagles, and clipper ships. We live in Northern California. Our hobbies are geocaching, and helping in our community. Don't need all these represented in the avatar, but wanted to give you some info on us to get ideas from.

We collect geocoins and would love to someday have one made so perhaps this will also give us a good idea for the design of that also.

Thanks in advance for all your effort. Glen&Nancy

Here are a couple... I couldn't decide what I liked on this one, although the one with more height shows a bit more detail. Width is limited to 80 pixels wide.

glennnancy-av.jpg

glennnancy-av2.jpg

Thanks mizdeeds I really like the first one, except for the silver beaver. I am wondering if we can replace that with the Habitat for Humanity logo. The one with the green house and 3 blue people under it. You can get it here http://www.habitat.org/ Thanks!!

Edited by Glen&Nancy

I wonder if it would be possible to have an avatar designed like this:

Round, with text: THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GEO-EARTHDOGS inside the perimeter, and cartoon of a happy dachshund and a Jack Russell Terrier's heads looking at an ammo can and or GPSr... or something like that.

Thanks. It would be for avatar, profile page pic, and membership cards in our secret dog society.

BUmp!

Glad to find this thread, I need help. I'm a CPA (which other than being able to do accounting means, Can't Portray Anything). Anyway, I took a stab at an avatar a letter H made to look like it is made of notes, but it was done in paint so not very professional. HooTunes is a take on our last name, but also because we are into music, both playing and listening. It is a team of a mom, dad, kid and on some hunts a dog. Can anybody make this look a little better? I do want fairly simple. Thanks in advance for any help.

Round, with text: THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GEO-EARTHDOGS inside the perimeter, and cartoon of a happy dachshund and a Jack Russell Terrier's heads looking at an ammo can and or GPSr... or something like that.

Thanks. It would be for avatar, profile page pic, and membership cards in our secret dog society.

BUmp!

I saw that one, but I'm sorry, it's a bit above my talent level :laughing: I can get the circle with the text and the dogs and ammo can/GPSr but unfortunately I can't get all of that so that it's legible at avatar size.

Glad to find this thread, I need help. I'm a CPA (which other than being able to do accounting means, Can't Portray Anything). Anyway, I took a stab at an avatar a letter H made to look like it is made of notes, but it was done in paint so not very professional. HooTunes is a take on our last name, but also because we are into music, both playing and listening. It is a team of a mom, dad, kid and on some hunts a dog. Can anybody make this look a little better? I do want fairly simple. Thanks in advance for any help.

20hag4k.jpg

BUmp!

I saw that one, but I'm sorry, it's a bit above my talent level :laughing: I can get the circle with the text and the dogs and ammo can/GPSr but unfortunately I can't get all of that so that it's legible at avatar size.

It is going to be very hard to get all those items into 75 pixels. Even the words alone in a circle are not really readable at 75 size. I have made an image of just the text to show what it looks like. If you like this text this way, let me know, and maybe scale back the amount of items requested inside and it may be possible.

Hope this helps - D.H.

e4cf090b-7eda-4dcd-b35a-7e524f359bf8.jpg

:edit: Actually if you don't mind an oval shape, there might be better ability to read this text and place something inside of it... Let me know...

33ee6975-f7f5-4b53-8138-2e5860e5229f.jpg

Edited by Dino Hunters

BUmp!

I saw that one, but I'm sorry, it's a bit above my talent level :huh: I can get the circle with the text and the dogs and ammo can/GPSr but unfortunately I can't get all of that so that it's legible at avatar size.

Can we see what you'v got? maybe we can just use the dogs/ammo can for the avatar and the whole thing for the profile pic...

For EarthDog....

dfdf6be0-7d89-4c7a-a7d4-3f191dae46ac.jpg

Dino hunters, that's spectacular--just what the wee doggies wanted!! I t even looks like Patrick!! Let me try it out!

Dear Dinio Hunters:

The executive Board of TLOEGED would like to thank you for the cool avatar! You may click on our name to find out about our secret geocaching society!(which is open to all earthdogs with their own account) Thanks again! :huh::huh:;)

OH THIS IS JUST TOO,TOO BIZZARRE!! The League can't log onto the forums, they get a note that says the name is too long! It's not too long for GC.com, tho. We'll have to figure something out. Heres a link to their profile page tho for anybody that's interested:

little doggies

Edited by SixDogTeam

For EarthDog....

dfdf6be0-7d89-4c7a-a7d4-3f191dae46ac.jpg

Dino hunters, that's spectacular--just what the wee doggies wanted!! I t even looks like Patrick!! Let me try it out!

Dear Dinio Hunters:

The executive Board of TLOEGED would like to thank you for the cool avatar! You may click on our name to find out about our secret geocaching society!(which is open to all earthdogs with their own account) Thanks again! :huh::huh:;)

OH THIS IS JUST TOO,TOO BIZZARRE!! The League can't log onto the forums, they get a note that says the name is too long! It's not too long for GC.com, tho. We'll have to figure something out. Heres a link to their profile page tho for anybody that's interested:

little doggies

Just to show Dino Hunters the avatar in use!! (If this works)

Wow, I am just amazed at the art work I've seen in this thread, and I can't believe that people have been volunteering their services for two years. When I first saw the thread I thought there was no way it was still active. You are all the greatest.

I'm hoping that someone is willing to help out a nOOb create an avatar that would be also be appropriate for a geocoin, wooden nickel, stamp, etc. The "Carey" in Cache'n'Carey is our last name, which is Irish. I am really completely open to ideas because I am not a very creative type. A few ideas I have been able to come up with is a celtic knot transformed into a compass rose. Another obvious one would be a leprachaun using a gps to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but I'm not really thrilled about being represented by a short funny looking guy! I also love anime, and if that's the direction someone wants to try I am petite with short blonde hair and drag around my not-entirely-committed-but-does-it-to-humor-me tall and dark-haired husband. I use a Garmin MAPS60csx. I have also thought about using CnC in a logo somehow, which is my shorthand for our name. Ideally, two different images would be perfect for a coin.

I can do anything to a photograph in Photoshop, but haven't the first clue where to start with grapics work. As I said, I am completely open to ideas, because I don't even have a clue where to start with this.

TIA!

Cache'n'Carey

I'm looking for one that would incorporate the Domino's Pizza Noid from the '80's, a GPSr and a White Jeep TB. Something like this pic...

Winning submission will get a $5.00 certificate to Domino's Pizza. Or a noid. <_<

Here's a try....

e9a984f1-9958-4948-9d1a-76b24d5a1aae.jpg

Me likes, me likes...

I'm looking for one that would incorporate the Domino's Pizza Noid from the '80's, a GPSr and a White Jeep TB. Something like this pic...

Winning submission will get a $5.00 certificate to Domino's Pizza. Or a noid. <_<

Here's a try....

Me likes, me likes...

How about with a background ?

5abdf780-46c4-4d98-81a2-47841ad1b4f6.jpg

Winning submission will get a $5.00 certificate to Domino's Pizza. Or a noid. :(

Here's a try....

Me likes, me likes...

The background really makes it stand out!

Winning submission will get a $5.00 certificate to Domino's Pizza. Or a noid. :(

Here's a try....

Me likes, me likes...

Me likes even more. Can you make the GPSr blue in color?

I can, but it kind of disappears into the sky.

4bb92f3c-a331-49e7-b7f7-133cfdb183a9.jpg

I figured Noid would have a red GPSr :-)

Good point. Leave it red. If no other takers after tomorrow, I will email you for an address to send the certificate. Thanks!!!!

I can, but it kind of disappears into the sky.

4bb92f3c-a331-49e7-b7f7-133cfdb183a9.jpg

I figured Noid would have a red GPSr :-)

Good point. Leave it red. If no other takers after tomorrow, I will email you for an address to send the certificate. Thanks!!!!

Actually, leave it blue. Can you make it a little darker blule?

OK - I made the GPS a little darker, and the sky a little lighter for better contrast.

Here's the avatar sized image...

33cd528e-3f0a-4fda-883c-4a718afeb1f3.jpg

and a bit bigger so you can see it....

Skillet68_big.jpg

P.S. less than 300 views more and this thread hits 50,000 views !

Edited by Dino Hunters

OK - I made the GPS a little darker, and the sky a little lighter for better contrast.

Here's the avatar sized image...

33cd528e-3f0a-4fda-883c-4a718afeb1f3.jpg

and a bit bigger so you can see it....

Skillet68_big.jpg

P.S. less than 300 views more and this thread hits 50,000 views !

Dude, that's it. Perfect. I will email you for your address. THANKS!

This is the first time I've been to this thread. All I can say is, WOW! I am impressed with the creativity of the designers and their responsivness to give back to the community.

If I may make a request and challenge your creativity levels, my two sons and I -- 6 Feet More -- would love to have a custom logo/avatar. Like many others, I have no software or enough creative brain cells to offer any suggestions. I am completely open to any ideas you might offer.

Thanks!

It has been a long time but here is one for you

c3aa0675-67f7-44c2-aab3-1e4d8b67e175.jpg

AmishHacker

Can someone please help me? I am in need of a new avatar design. Would like to keep with the Dennis The Menace theme but he needs to be holding an Explorist XL. A new picture would be nice.

That is sweet thank you!

AmishHacker, man you do some awesome art work. Do you think you could make me an avatar. A combination of any or all of the stuff below.

I live in Missouri. Male, my handle is first 2 letters of Laclede County and the abbrev for Missouri. I like the geo colors yellow, green,blue and orange. I drive a Silver colored Jeep Grand Cherokee and I use a Garman etrex Venture Cx.

My turn...

my caching name is hike n'bike

I seem to do a fair amount of hiking into out of the way caches, I ride both pedal and a motor bike (cruiser style), own a jeep, female, my jack russel terrier is generally with me, Vancouver Island, BC

I have been trying to figure out how to make an avatar but come up frustrated so anyone with any ideas it would be appreciated

21543db6-2095-4d22-9d41-8ab58e6f695a.jpg

AmishHacker, man you do some awesome art work. Do you think you could make me an avatar. A combination of any or all of the stuff below.

I live in Missouri. Male, my handle is first 2 letters of Laclede County and the abbrev for Missouri. I like the geo colors yellow, green,blue and orange. I drive a Silver colored Jeep Grand Cherokee and I use a Garman etrex Venture Cx.