Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

car3.gif

Sweet thanks is there any way you could make the box a little wider so it is the same size as the original and there is a small space of black in the front and back of the car.

Thanks again!!!!

Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner! It's changed now. :shocked:

Looking to see if anyone can help out our dogs. They go by Wonder Pup N Mighty Dog. Here is a link to their account. http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=59...ce-113507c07346 Wonder Pup is the bigger one which you can only see the head of and Mighty Dog is the baby who is all stretched out. Mighty dog is only about 3-4 weeks old. Wonder Pup is about a year old. I can email someone some pictures of them if needed, just send me a pm. Thanks in advance.

car3.gif

Sweet thanks is there any way you could make the box a little wider so it is the same size as the original and there is a small space of black in the front and back of the car.

Thanks again!!!!

Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner! It's changed now. :shocked:

Thanks a ton no rush at all.

Looking to see if anyone can help out our dogs. They go by Wonder Pup N Mighty Dog. Here is a link to their account. http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=59...ce-113507c07346 Wonder Pup is the bigger one which you can only see the head of and Mighty Dog is the baby who is all stretched out. Mighty dog is only about 3-4 weeks old. Wonder Pup is about a year old. I can email someone some pictures of them if needed, just send me a pm. Thanks in advance.

Wow a dog that can hide its own cache.... ;) I want one. :shocked:

Good job Mizdeeds ;) Jsam's avatar looks great. I was amazed at the first one though. Thinking "inside" the box never occured to me and it's very, very cool :D - Hound

I was just scrolling back through this thread and saw this post. Don't know how I missed it before, but wanted to say thank you!! :shocked: Credit for the final av goes to geogilly, and yes, it does look great!

Miz :D

Oh I always need help!

Looking for something doggy related. Would LOVE Shar pei. Jelinidas is our kennel name.

Our website is www.jelinidas.net

I was gonna try to use this but it was to big

Thanks for any help you can give!

Those puppies are TOO cute!! This idea popped into mind immediately, and it was quick to make... can take the name off if you don't want it on the av...

jelinidas-av.jpg

Edited by mizdeeds

Thanks, 'preciate it.

After seeing all the GREAT work you do, I am very hesitant to ask you for some help. I and a few friends cache as a group. We call ourselves "TEAM CVG" (Crescenta Valley Geocachers). We've discussed the possiblities of a logo, but can't seem to come up with any ideas. We're all from very diverse occupations, so we tend to be drawn what we know...I won't go into it. So, an impartial person may solve our problem. Can you help? Let me know.

After seeing all the GREAT work you do, I am very hesitant to ask you for some help. I and a few friends cache as a group. We call ourselves "TEAM CVG" (Crescenta Valley Geocachers). We've discussed the possiblities of a logo, but can't seem to come up with any ideas. We're all from very diverse occupations, so we tend to be drawn what we know...I won't go into it. So, an impartial person may solve our problem. Can you help? Let me know.

I think the one that fox-and-the-hound did for K and RS would look great with "Team CVG" on it!! I wish I had the software and the talent to make something like it from scratch. I saw in a previous post that hound is very busy right now, but hang in there and someone will come up with something for ya! :laughing:

Just a quick note to let crative minds know I'm still interested. About a year ago I asked about having an avatar created and I'm guessing due to the heavy volume of requests mine got lost in the mix. Recently I posted a request again and yep, I understand there are tons and tons of requests so I'm just letting the people who create these things know that I'm still interested and as time permits I'd still like have my own avatar/logo made.

Thanks!

Just a quick note to let crative minds know I'm still interested. About a year ago I asked about having an avatar created and I'm guessing due to the heavy volume of requests mine got lost in the mix. Recently I posted a request again and yep, I understand there are tons and tons of requests so I'm just letting the people who create these things know that I'm still interested and as time permits I'd still like have my own avatar/logo made.

Thanks!

Here's something for JetMonkey...

jetmonkey-av.jpg

Thanks mizdeeds!

I have a question, can I send you a picture or two of the jets that I take care of to use in the image instead of the F-16? If so, where should I send them to?

One last one, I don't know if there is a standard per say for an avatar but could I have something that is more square than rectangular, eventually I'd like to use the image on some signature items such as wooden nickels. If this messes up some sort of avatar "standard" then don't worry about it.

Thanks for your time, I do appreciate it.

Steve (JetMonkey)

Thanks mizdeeds!

I have a question, can I send you a picture or two of the jets that I take care of to use in the image instead of the F-16? If so, where should I send them to?

One last one, I don't know if there is a standard per say for an avatar but could I have something that is more square than rectangular, eventually I'd like to use the image on some signature items such as wooden nickels. If this messes up some sort of avatar "standard" then don't worry about it.

Thanks for your time, I do appreciate it.

Steve (JetMonkey)

PM sent. :laughing:

I wanted it to be as easy on you as possible. I was thinking about using the first avatar you created for me (don coyote2.jpg) but white with a couple of black spots on it and some modifications to the head to make it look cow-like.

Don Coyote/ Moo Cow

Sorry this took so long. I'm still not terribly happy with the mouth/nose area, so if anyone has suggestions, please share.

moo%20cow.jpg

I wanted it to be as easy on you as possible. I was thinking about using the first avatar you created for me (don coyote2.jpg) but white with a couple of black spots on it and some modifications to the head to make it look cow-like.

Don Coyote/ Moo Cow

Sorry this took so long. I'm still not terribly happy with the mouth/nose area, so if anyone has suggestions, please share.

moo%20cow.jpg

Thank you so much, my wife loves it.

We need some help with an avatar! "The 4 F's" is made up of myself (female), my brother, and his two teenage daughters. We got into caching as form of entertainment for my nieces, but it turns out that my brother and I are MUCH more interested in caching than they are. They still go caching with us some times, but there are lots of other things they would rather do. Therefore, we were thinking of a cartoonish avatar involving two adult (male and female) who look absolutely crazed and in a desperate hurry (perhaps in the front seats of a car) with 2 girls in back looking completely bored to death. Of course, we're open to suggestions! Can anyone help?

I liked the way dino hunters edited my avitar with the garmin 76. Though I would also like my logo to be with my cheese. I would like some how tie my hobbie of skydiving in to my logo if possable and the cheese back in my hand, also mabyt the state of WV in the background behind the icon? Or if someone else has any ideas that could ad to my icon. I would also waht it to be a coin idea. Though I know this isn't a coin design fourm but the logo will start as my personal calling card and avitar. I saw some of other work here and would like to get my logo spiced up.

My original post for my rough scan is at the following:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...dpost&p=2142004

Thanks.

I have only been caching a short while and would really appreciate a cool avatar to call my own. I live in Florida and spend all my free time caching, hiking, canoeing and biking. I would really like something that is more representative of my activities. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dino Hunters and/or anyone else with skills. I need to make a couple of updates to my avatar, and am hoping someone can help.

I have a new puppy, another Irish Wolfhound and will be having a son in the next couple of weeks. I'm not quite sure how to add them into my avatar and am hoping that you can be of some assistance.

Sorry I've been quiet for so long but things got a bit busy...

I'll see if I can brainstorm anything for these new requests, but I want to remind you all that we have only a 75 pixel width to work with. If you want 6 different things in your avatar, then it's going to look very cramped and be hard to tell what's going on.

Now some of these better talented folks can do big pictures that shrink down to a nice avatar, but keeping it simple is also nice. :lol:

And even though there's no limit on image height (as far as I know), it can really stretch out posts if you have a super-tall avatar. For example.. you post "Yeah! I agree!" as a reply. Normally this wouldn't take too much screen space. However, if your avatar is 800 pixels high then your post will be too, and will take up most of the screen.

I certainly don't want to damp anyone's enthusiasm, but it's just something to keep in mind, I guess. Remember, we're all volunteering so don't make it too hard on us! :lol: Maybe some of these could even be a series of avatars which depict different hobbies, and you could then change them out when you wished to. I dunno.

I know I don't speak for all the artistic-types here, but I'm willing to put myself out to be the bad guy if needed. :lol:

Just a general question for you all with the photoshop experience. I have a large image, when I modify it (even a tiny bit) then resize it to Avatar size, it loses its clarity. However, the same image resized by Dino Hunters is crisp and clean. How do I do that?

Just a general question for you all with the photoshop experience. I have a large image, when I modify it (even a tiny bit) then resize it to Avatar size, it loses its clarity. However, the same image resized by Dino Hunters is crisp and clean. How do I do that?

Generally most images you scale down will stay relatively crisp in Photoshop, but there are a couple things you can do. Make sure your image mode is an 8Bit RGB to start. Always scale the layer not the image until you're finished. Also try and scale ONLY ONCE. When you do scale, try and scale by "clean scales" (75%, 50%, 25%, 12.5%, 10%, 6.125%, etc.) When your program is making the image smaller it is interpolating pixels badly if you don't give it clean scales to use.

Try this... Build your original image at 750 x 750 pixels (10 times the final size) for a square avatar. That way when you're finished you can simply scale it to exactly 10% of it's size for very clean interpolation. Also, don't save the image flattened repeatedly until you're finished. Some file types like JPEGs will lose quality with each save.

Those are the biggest culprits in image loss that we encounter on a regular basis. There are many others, but for this kind of use, these are the most common. :anibad:

Generally most images you scale down will stay relatively crisp in Photoshop, but there are a couple things you can do. Make sure your image mode is an 8Bit RGB to start. Always scale the layer not the image until you're finished. Also try and scale ONLY ONCE. When you do scale, try and scale by "clean scales" (75%, 50%, 25%, 12.5%, 10%, 6.125%, etc.) When your program is making the image smaller it is interpolating pixels badly if you don't give it clean scales to use.

Try this... Build your original image at 750 x 750 pixels (10 times the final size) for a square avatar. That way when you're finished you can simply scale it to exactly 10% of it's size for very clean interpolation. Also, don't save the image flattened repeatedly until you're finished. Some file types like JPEGs will lose quality with each save.

Those are the biggest culprits in image loss that we encounter on a regular basis. There are many others, but for this kind of use, these are the most common. :P

Thanks for the tips... I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight. :anibad:

I've seen the great work you all do here and wondered if someone could come up with something for me. Mintaka is the third star in the belt of the constellation Orion. I have played around with Photoshop, Illustrator and Paint Shop Pro but I just don't have the creative gene :anibad: .

Dino Hunters and/or anyone else with skills. I need to make a couple of updates to my avatar, and am hoping someone can help.

I have a new puppy, another Irish Wolfhound and will be having a son in the next couple of weeks. I'm not quite sure how to add them into my avatar and am hoping that you can be of some assistance.

Well since I still had the original file, I made some edits - how does this strike you ?

24c58fd9-079f-45de-982d-3aa5b119a1f3.jpg

Technically the reason my images look the way they do (crisp and somewhat cartoon styled) is that I do not use photoshop or any other bitmap (matrix of pixels) editor to make the images.

I build them as vector graphics, and then export them to JPG (another bitmap format) at the size I need. I could export the same crispness at 800 pixels wide as easily as 75.

Do a google for InkScape for an open source free vector graphics editor. That's along the idea of the type of software I use for graphic creation.

Edited by Dino Hunters

I've seen the great work you all do here and wondered if someone could come up with something for me. Mintaka is the third star in the belt of the constellation Orion. I have played around with Photoshop, Illustrator and Paint Shop Pro but I just don't have the creative gene :( .

Do you like this one ?

I made the third star red to draw attention.

1cdfe998-082d-4621-835b-327bdce6fc28.jpg

Anyone interested in making a new avatar for me? I like the smileys but was thinking of something different for now. Maybe something involving trap shooting or a girl holding a shotgun. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :laughing:

I couldn't find any girl shotgun images without copyrights, here's a couple handguns though :laughing:

gun1ly.jpg

gun26au.jpg

Here's one that may or may not include a copyrighted image.

rhodetrap0em.jpg

Edited by Dan&Chris

Anyone interested in making a new avatar for me? I like the smileys but was thinking of something different for now. Maybe something involving trap shooting or a girl holding a shotgun. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :ninja:

I couldn't find any girl shotgun images without copyrights, here's a couple handguns though :D

gun1ly.jpg

gun26au.jpg

rhodetrap0em.jpg

Thanks for the help but I'm definitely looking for a shotgun, in particular a Remington 870 Pump Action. :D

Then again a girl with any shotgun will do too. :D

Anyone interested in making a new avatar for me? I like the smileys but was thinking of something different for now. Maybe something involving trap shooting or a girl holding a shotgun. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :ph34r:

I couldn't find any girl shotgun images without copyrights, here's a couple handguns though :)

gun1ly.jpg

gun26au.jpg

rhodetrap0em.jpg

Thanks for the help but I'm definitely looking for a shotgun, in particular a Remington 870 Pump Action. :ph34r:

Then again a girl with any shotgun will do too. :ph34r:

Hey, I found one. WAHOO!

Well since I still had the original file, I made some edits - how does this strike you ?

24c58fd9-079f-45de-982d-3aa5b119a1f3.jpg

Technically the reason my images look the way they do (crisp and somewhat cartoon styled) is that I do not use photoshop or any other bitmap (matrix of pixels) editor to make the images.

I build them as vector graphics, and then export them to JPG (another bitmap format) at the size I need. I could export the same crispness at 800 pixels wide as easily as 75.

Do a google for InkScape for an open source free vector graphics editor. That's along the idea of the type of software I use for graphic creation.

DH, this is great... again, thanks a ton. Can you forward me your working files again?