Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

What about something where the dog is finding the cache while a man stands off to one side scratching his head??

I think I can do this...it's a really cute idea.

------

Basically, I mostly do pixel art. So if you guys don't want that kind of avatar, then please let me know.

That would be great! If you could make the dog a German Shepherd it would be excellent. Also, I have brown hair and use a 60Csx, if that helps.

Thanks again.

Do you need an Avatar?

Do you need help with a current Avatar?

Do you have questions about Avatars?

This is your place

Many people ask for help on their avatars. Well, I like to help and so do many other people in the forums.

This is your place to bring them to our attention.

How can we help you today?

Wow..we would love some help. We've been caching for 2 years and can't figure out how to build an avator. We're a husband and wide team...lucky to still be alive and still married. I go one way he goes the other. We love hills. We're technically challenged..not paperless yet...John's always looking at his watch..he loves clocks. We're antiques and love antiques. John's in the Navy..I work for the Navy..that should help maybe? Thanks so much.

You are the person I have been looking for! I cannot find any images to go with my name - lonesumdove. Was hoping for something with a dove with the geocaching colors, perhaps flying out behind the dove like you did in the bike one? Whatevery creative ideas you have I would be grateful for. I also need one for Mr. MagOO who has to wear his glasses at everything or he can't see where he is going. Dove is priority though. Thank you a zillion times for doing this!

That's the idea I had in mind! Is it possible to put a GPS in the mans hand??

Okay, changed it. Look back at original post. :mad:

LOL. That's pretty neat. Thanks!

I used it as an avatar on our local geocaching assoc. website. I really appreciate your efforts and hate to ask this, but how do I make it larger? I would like to have it about twice the width.

I am looking for artistic help for an avatar. I would like to incorporate the letter "H" for our last name, and use the letters M R W C around the H. Somehow also I'd like the state of arkansas and maybe a compass. Incorporating the GC colors would be nice. Again, I would appreciate anybodys feedback. Thanks

What about something where the dog is finding the cache while a man stands off to one side scratching his head??

I think I can do this...it's a really cute idea.

------

Basically, I mostly do pixel art. So if you guys don't want that kind of avatar, then please let me know.

Thanks much! I am also interested in seeing your work Geogilly.

I too would like to have my own avatar but have no clue how to make one. I work as an jet aircraft maint tech which is why I chose the geocaching name of JetMonkey. I'd like to have an avatar that incorporates a jet plane, a maint tech (possibly as a monkey) and maybe also an ammo can and a gps (I use a Garmin 60CSx if that helps). I know sometimes less is more so I understand if everything can't be included. Eventually I'd like to be able to use the same image to have custom wood nickels made and maybe even someday a personlized geocoin.

I appreciate any help you could provide!

Thanks,

Steve (JetMonkey)

I am looking to see if someone can help with creating a new attribute for my cache listings I want one that shows a car my reason for this is we cache with a car and I want to show how close you can get to the cache in a car and how close you can get in 4x4 gc.com as you know already has this one jeeps-yes.gif I was wondering if anybody could come up with somthing that looks like a car. Right know I am using the Parking symbol but would really like to use one that looks like a car, but I have 0 skill in this area so if any of you talented ones could make this for me I would be very appreciative

Example of what I am doing

I've not forgotten you Dusty, though I'm having some problems located a good base. I know I've seen one, I just have to find it again. Otherwise I have to build my own, which will take longer.

So I may work on some of these others folks' avatars in the meantime. :lol:

---------

That new KandRS logo looks really nice, fox-and-the-hound.

I am looking to see if someone can help with creating a new attribute for my cache listings I want one that shows a car my reason for this is we cache with a car and I want to show how close you can get to the cache in a car and how close you can get in 4x4 gc.com as you know already has this one jeeps-yes.gif I was wondering if anybody could come up with somthing that looks like a car. Right know I am using the Parking symbol but would really like to use one that looks like a car, but I have 0 skill in this area so if any of you talented ones could make this for me I would be very appreciative

Here's a car:

car3.gif

Edited by mizdeeds
if anyone is able i would like one have been looking at different web sites but some are strange im retired navy live in wv was thinking along the lines of poodeck pappy or popeye i also use an exporist 200

Sorry I took a break for awhile, thought someone else would take over but I guess not.

Here is a shot at it for ya, hope you like it4d85b704-5493-45eb-a57c-fb2e1aa0e778.jpg

I like this one but I was thinking poopdeck pappy might be better, Im wanting to TRY to make a poker chip or a business card or both also I need something for the opposite side, any input on making one or in helping with the art would be awesome. Im as creative as a rock. on a side note this is one of my favorite topics because its the community helping the community. to all the designers ya'll are great, keep up the awesome work

Any help would be Greatly appreciated

Here's a car:

car3.gif

Sweet thanks is there any way you could make the box a little wider so it is the same size as the original and there is a small space of black in the front and back of the car.

Thanks again!!!!

I've not forgotten you Dusty, though I'm having some problems located a good base. I know I've seen one, I just have to find it again. Otherwise I have to build my own, which will take longer.

So I may work on some of these others folks' avatars in the meantime. :lol:

---------

That new KandRS logo looks really nice, fox-and-the-hound.

You guys are doing some awesome work! I will be patiently waiting to see what you come up with. Thanks.

I like my current avatar, but I was looking for something I can also use on my signature items. I carve coyote petroglyphs on rocks and leave them in caches. I was looking for something similar to this, but using the leatherman Gx logo and flipped horizontally so the tail is on the left and it is facing to the right. I can do it on a small rock, but computers are a different matter. Thanks.

coyote_small.jpg

I've been admiring the great work you are doing and I can't wait to see what you come up with.

I would really love for someone to help me out with a new avtar. I have a love of Basset Hounds and Bass fishing. I know nothing about computer graphics.....some one was gracious enough to create the avtar I use now. I will be waiting with baited breath. :mad:

Thanks

I would really love for someone to help me out with a new avtar. I have a love of Basset Hounds and Bass fishing. I know nothing about computer graphics.....some one was gracious enough to create the avtar I use now. I will be waiting with baited breath. :laughing:

Thanks

OK..I'll beg

PLLLLLEEEEAAASSSSE help me out. ^_^

OK..I'll beg

PLLLLLEEEEAAASSSSE help me out. :o

There's a bit of a line ahead of you :lol:

Plus, and I'm only speaking for myself here, it takes quite awhile to do some of these, and work and other things can often get in the way. (darn work! sucks up all my fun time)

OK..I'll beg

PLLLLLEEEEAAASSSSE help me out. :lol:

There's a bit of a line ahead of you :o

Plus, and I'm only speaking for myself here, it takes quite awhile to do some of these, and work and other things can often get in the way. (darn work! sucks up all my fun time)

Thanks GeoGilly

I was just waiting for a reply, not trying to be a pain in the rear. :o

Thanks for replying.

Bob

Don Coyote

Did you mean something like this? don%20coyote%20charm.jpg or did you want an image based on that charm?

Edit: Like this? don%20coyote2.jpg

More along the lines of the second image. I like it. How would it look with arms and maybe a bushier tail? I don't know what else you would want to add, but I use a GARMIN eTrex Legend GPSr. Thank you, GeoGIlly, so much for your efforts, you do great work.

Thanks for the compliments guys ;) I'd like to help some more, but I'm swamped for the next couple weeks. I still have to get some high res versions to Medallion Hunter and we're in the middle of sweeps at the television station. I promise I'll be back to help soon though. 'Til then :unsure:

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

More along the lines of the second image. I like it. How would it look with arms and maybe a bushier tail? I don't know what else you would want to add, but I use a GARMIN eTrex Legend GPSr. Thank you, GeoGIlly, so much for your efforts, you do great work.

How about this? I could add a couple more colors overall if you want more detail in the fur, but I was keeping it a bit abstract to look like a petroglyph still.

I have no idea where to put arms on.... they kept looking like they were coming out of his back. I can keep trying if you want, or if you have a specific idea, let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

Personally, I'd rather not add a gps unless you really want it. I don't think it really needs that, do you?

And thanks :laughing:

Whoops! Forgot to actually add the image.. don%20coyote%20tail.jpg

Edited by GeoGilly

I could add a couple more colors overall if you want more detail in the fur, but I was keeping it a bit abstract to look like a petroglyph still.

I have no idea where to put arms on.... they kept looking like they were coming out of his back. I can keep trying if you want, or if you have a specific idea, let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

And thanks <_<

don%20coyote%20tail.jpg

You're right. When I thought about the arms I was still thinking monochromatic and front view, like when I etch it. With the colors, it is a side view and the top of the G sort of looks like an arm anyway. It doesn't need more detail in the fur because it probably wouldn't show up in this size and it would detract from the petroglyph look.

I like it. It is nice and simple; I can quickly etch it on a stone and people will know that I made that petorglyph. Thank you once again.

Edited by Don Coyote

I have one last small request. Could you make a holstein cow (black and white, udders optional) similar to this? I go geocaching with my wife and her handle is "Moo Cow". I think she would love it.

oof.. I can try. I'm not really used to doing stuff like this. Yours was pretty easy cuz I just copied over your petroglyph charm. ;)

Do you want the cow to have a Gx body like the coyote, or solid?

And thanks everyone ;) *tries to fit her head through the door*

Edited by GeoGilly

I have one last small request. Could you make a holstein cow (black and white, udders optional) similar to this? I go geocaching with my wife and her handle is "Moo Cow". I think she would love it.

oof.. I can try. I'm not really used to doing stuff like this. Yours was pretty easy cuz I just copied over your petroglyph charm. ;)

Do you want the cow to have a Gx body like the coyote, or solid?

And thanks everyone ;) *tries to fit her head through the door*

I wanted it to be as easy on you as possible. I was thinking about using the first avatar you created for me (don coyote2.jpg) but white with a couple of black spots on it and some modifications to the head to make it look cow-like.

:ph34r: I can't even get my avatar to post! Somehow, I managed to change it the other evening...I don't know what I did...but now I can't even get anything to show up in the forums! I've tried logging in/out and re-uploading the pictures, but still nothing. :P I am also still trying to figure out how people insert pictures in their posts! But, once I can get this explained and fixed, I'd really love to learn how to design an avatar that expresses me. Can you help? :)

:rolleyes: I can't even get my avatar to post! Somehow, I managed to change it the other evening...I don't know what I did...but now I can't even get anything to show up in the forums! I've tried logging in/out and re-uploading the pictures, but still nothing. <_< I am also still trying to figure out how people insert pictures in their posts! But, once I can get this explained and fixed, I'd really love to learn how to design an avatar that expresses me. Can you help? :blink:

Can't tell if you still need help getting the avatar changed? The one you have looks good, looks like a great place to be! You have to edit your profile, and in there are two places to put a graphic/photo: one for the avatar and separate one for the profile. Just change/edit the avatar one to a photo or graphic you've uploaded to your profile.

As for pictures in the posts, they need to reside elsewhere on the web, and you just put a link to them in your post. There are quite a few free photo-sharing-hosting sites on the 'net and at the moment I can't think of any (sorry!). I use my personal web space to put the pix I make for avatars. OH! .. Photo Bucket is one of the free sites that I've seen mentioned in the forums.

:ph34r: