Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

There are several paint programs out there that don't cost as much as Photoshop.

The GIMP is absolutely free, and open source. I haven't used it myself, but I understand that it's fairly powerful.

I use JASC's PaintShopPro. Though it looks like Corel bought them out. It was about $80, came with an animation program, and can do most of the stuff that Photoshop can. Not all of the really fancy photomanipulation stuff, but I've been using it for a long time and haven't missed any particular feature for making avatars, sigs, etc.

In my opinion, you don't need Photoshop unless you're a graphic professional.

Too bad I'm so slow.. I was working on a cache-slaying knight too. <_<

There are several paint programs out there that don't cost as much as Photoshop.

The GIMP is absolutely free, and open source. I haven't used it myself, but I understand that it's fairly powerful.

That should read "extremely powerful"

In my opinion, you don't need Photoshop unless you're a graphic professional.

In my opinion, you don't need Photoshop even if you're a graphic professional, that's because you can get the gimp for free.

Still no help for JsamFam <_<

I might work on it tonight.

I looked at both of yours and I was stumped.

Kimberly, what color hair do you guys all have? I was thinking of something caricature-y, but I don't know if all 4 of you could fit in such a small space.

For K and RS, is it permissible to use any NASA symbols?

Edited by enfanTerrible

I looked at both of yours and I was stumped.

Kimberly, what color hair do you guys all have? I was thinking of something caricature-y, but I don't know if all 4 of you could fit in such a small space.

For K and RS, is it permissible to use any NASA symbols?

We all have brown hair... Thanks a bunch you guys all rock for helping us out....

<_<

I wold like to have my Avitar cleaned up, and also maybe have a 76csx in the hand instead of the peice of cheese. Then mabye just the words Ratjumper arched over the top. If anyone can help me I would appriciate it. Or if someone has any other idea that might jaz up my logo would help me out. If it turns out I would like to turn this avitar into part of my signature item. aka a wooden coin or brass coin, or rubber stamp. (that is if it can be proprotioned to a coin?)

RatMan%20Med.jpg

Ok, had a chance to play around this morning. Take a look and let me know if you need color changes, add a motto, etc. Happy Caching - Hound

KandRSplain.jpg

KandRSLogoonWhite.jpg

KandRSLogoonBlack.jpg

KandRSAvonWhite.jpg

KandRSAvonBlack.jpg

The last two should work the cleanest for an avatar, but if looks rough shrunk down, let me know and I'll try a less detailed version with heavier text for the transform. - H

I wold like to have my Avitar cleaned up, and also maybe have a 76csx in the hand instead of the peice of cheese. Then mabye just the words Ratjumper arched over the top. If anyone can help me I would appriciate it. Or if someone has any other idea that might jaz up my logo would help me out. If it turns out I would like to turn this avitar into part of my signature item. aka a wooden coin or brass coin, or rubber stamp. (that is if it can be proprotioned to a coin?)

RatMan%20Med.jpg

Maybe like this ? - Took some liberties with rotation etc. for a better fit @ 75 pixels.

67416b87-3d0f-40ad-8a68-f1541498922b.jpg

The K & RS ones look great too, Hound! :blink:

Hey Thanks! I finally found an old project that was canned for this next one. And for KandRS, I'll get those colors changes for you as soon as I can.

For Medallion Hunter, I found something I built a few years ago that I thought might work for you with some small changes. Take a look:

compassmhtext.jpg

compasscopy.jpg

compassav.jpg

compassav75.jpg

Hope you like :o

Here's one for you guys to try. I'd like to incorporate the leatherman logo with a light-blue snowfake with our name in a half circle on top or bottom. Im good with autocad but I dont even have a copy of photoshop to even try. Thanks in advance!

Like this maybe ? ...

81408a9a-8d68-44ca-b5f4-97318303eb9d.jpg

P.S. for those still waiting for a request in this thread, might I suggest adding some ideas to the request. I can't speak for anyone else in here who has created an avatar, but I need a little more to go on. Concept ideas, sketches (no matter how rough), examples etc. will be very useful for myself (and perhaps others creating avatars) to help us get started on your request.

unitydnkmed.jpg

I like this one but was hoping to get the geocaching colors in the circle,UnityDNK smaller and under Geocaching.geochaching right were my name is now....Thank you so much for you help fox-and-the-hound

I LOVE THE HANDS.....THANK YOU.......

Edited by unitydnk

Here's one for you guys to try. I'd like to incorporate the leatherman logo with a light-blue snowfake with our name in a half circle on top or bottom. Im good with autocad but I dont even have a copy of photoshop to even try. Thanks in advance!

Like this maybe ? ...

Cool!! Almost exactly the type and color of snowflake I was thinking of too. Could you please tweek a couple of things, can you change the font to comic san to match the look of the leatherman logo and increase the size of the leatherman logo to roughly match the diameter of the snowflake. Or would that look off, I dont know if you allready tweeked around with that option.

Dino Hunter thanks! To quote Wayne "Im not worthy, Im not worthy"

Edited by 5winters

Like this maybe ? ...

Cool!! Almost exactly the type and color of snowflake I was thinking of too. Could you please tweek a couple of things, can you change the font to comic san to match the look of the leatherman logo and increase the size of the leatherman logo to roughly match the diameter of the snowflake. Or would that look off, I dont know if you allready tweeked around with that option.

Dino Hunter thanks! To quote Wayne "Im not worthy, Im not worthy"

Maybe this ...

28dafd37-513e-44c5-842c-79f3868efa53.jpg

I'm going to try printing it off now to see how it will look on my new sig card's thanks!

email me with an address that I can send an attachment to. I can email you an AI or EPS or SVG file in vector format if you wish. Way better for printing on cards than a 75 pixel JPG.

Edited by Dino Hunters

I like my current avatar, but I was looking for something I can use on my signature items. I carve coyote petroglyphs on rocks and leave them in caches. I was looking for something similar to this, but using the Gx logo and flipped horizontally so the tail is on the left and it is facing to the right. I can do it on a small rock, but computers are a different matter. Thanks.

coyote_small.jpg

I need alittle help with mine. I made it 583 X 303 and it looks decent, then I resized it to 144 X 75 and uploaded it and now it looks like crap. Any suggestions?

Can you post the big one? It's better to start fresh.

ETA I forgot to log out my son ... I am enfanTerrible, not terribleToo.

Edited by terribleToo

I have been racking my brain for ideas about what I would like for an avatar since discovering this thread a few days ago. I am currently using a pic of a german shepherds head in profile. I often take the dog caching with me and he finds a lot of them before I do. I use a 60csx. I use the name DustyWalker as I have a tennessee walking horse.

I thought I would see what you guys might come up with. Does that spark any ideas for any of you?

I need alittle help with mine. I made it 583 X 303 and it looks decent, then I resized it to 144 X 75 and uploaded it and now it looks like crap. Any suggestions?

Can you post the big one? It's better to start fresh.

ETA I forgot to log out my son ... I am enfanTerrible, not terribleToo.

Here you go, thanks:

plate-pa-large3.jpg

Still no love for Team Jsam

I'll work on this if you like, but I gotta tell you it's going to be hard to squeeze 4 people into a 75 pixel wide space. Especially if you actually want them doing something.

Can you provide a little more detail? "We all have brown hair" doesn't help a whole lot.. is it long or short on each person? What kind of clothing do you want on them? Approximately how old are your daughters? That kind of thing is really helpful, otherwise you'll end up with very generic-looking people in t-shirts and jeans. <_<

What about something where the dog is finding the cache while a man stands off to one side scratching his head??

I think I can do this...it's a really cute idea.

------

Basically, I mostly do pixel art. So if you guys don't want that kind of avatar, then please let me know.

Hi,

I don't have an avatar, but like the ones I see here. I was wondering if you could make one for me? I like the G stick figure, and since I am a nurse, I thought a stick G with feet (kind of running) and a nurse hat (although I don't wear one) with a GPS in one hand and a syringe in the other. I don't know if this is possible, but I work to pay for my caching habit, so it seems appropriate to have both in my hands! Thanks in advance,

rnlorna