Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

Here is one I did for myself, but I think it is too big? What do you guys think?

120341935_ec4655ae7d_m.jpg

I may be able to be of assistance to some of you on here. Still learning photshop, but am fairly decent at it. I can at least try :D

Actually now that I added it, I can't even see what it says...

Edited by BluegrassSteel23

Here is one I did for myself, but I think it is too big? What do you guys think?

I may be able to be of assistance to some of you on here. Still learning photshop, but am fairly decent at it. I can at least try :D

Very nice, you did a great job! As for the size, the forum only allows an av to be 75 pixels wide, so you do lose detail when it's downsized. I usually try to add to the height to compensate for that. :D

I'm learning that horizontals do not translate well to avatars because of the limited size so you might try a different icon or incorporate it some other way. The text is pretty hard to read to, but don't give up on your design because it would probably work very well as sigitem art or wooden nickel art! :D

I have been trying to find an adequate avatar, then I read this topic....WOW...When you have time: i am a retired Navy Pilot, travel in a Class A motorhome, cache along the way with eTrex legend cx...many thanks for any consideration. Guy & Daphine B)

For Wild Thing....

8fcc66cc-8756-4079-9864-9fa42844fd32.jpg

I'm afraid it looks better bigger....

Wild_Thing_73big.jpg

Edited by Dino Hunters

Not trying to compete with you DinoHunters, just trying to help. I did one for Wild Thing too. But as usual, my sizes might be off and it will probably lose detail when avatar size. But anyway, here it is

Mine may be more of a Signature item type thing? I just can't get any of mine to look good with the small avatar size

120836425_f75bd678b1_m.jpg

While everyone is at this. I just can't make one for myself...too critical haha. I want to see what someone else might come up with.

My name comes from my state THe Bluegrass State (Kentucky) Also known for Horse racing, and bourbon

and the Steel23 is from my favorite team (Pittsburgh Steelers)

the 23 as been with me since high school :-)

If you don't mind. BluegrassSteel23

I would love to have a new avatar, but am graphically challenged. I would like it to include my GC nick- tdecell, I was thinking of having the lower case t being made into a fishhook cause I like to fish, I geocache with a Magellan Meridain Marine, I like the GC 4 colors, use your imagination and I thank you in advance.

tdecell <*(((><

hi, love your designs, but i dont really like the yellow-green-orange-blue color layout. Can you shift each of these colors each to the same degree in order to come up with four completely different colors for an avatar?

Hope you can help! Im already researching the color wheel on the internet, but from what I can see, you're way ahead of me, so I'd love to have your input, thanks.

I have been trying to find an adequate avatar, then I read this topic....WOW...When you have time: i am a retired Navy Pilot, travel in a Class A motorhome, cache along the way with eTrex legend cx...many thanks for any consideration. Guy & Daphine :laughing:

For Wild Thing....

Wild_Thing_73big.jpg

Dino, what if you did some creative cropping to buy yourself a little more height? Then Wild Thing could still use the full graphic on things like calling cards or what-not.

WILD3.JPG

Edited by enfanTerrible

Dino, what if you did some creative cropping to buy yourself a little more height? Then Wild Thing could still use the full graphic on things like calling cards or what-not.

WILD3.JPG

Not a bad plan - also I tried this. Just stretched the vertical and unstretched the horizontal a bit.

I don't think the overall concept is too changed.

bd33bf49-6288-4289-a8ee-fe90960cfd75.jpg

I was desperately needing some help on designing an avatar. LSUFan told me that the creative geniuses watched this forum.

My geonick is Fishingmcman because I like to bass fish and drive a GMC truck (and now geocaching). ;)

I was wanting something that would show all of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How about this...

gmc1-av.jpg

I like that one

place the icon for BASS under the picture of the GMC Serria Z71 (white) beside the geocaching circle

I have been trying to find an adequate avatar, then I read this topic....WOW...When you have time: i am a retired Navy Pilot, travel in a Class A motorhome, cache along the way with eTrex legend cx...many thanks for any consideration. Guy & Daphine :ph34r:

For Wild Thing....

Wild_Thing_73big.jpg

You guys are really great :ph34r: My Wild Thing vehicle is a "VW Thing" built in 1973... :ph34r:

WILD3.JPG

You guys are really great :) My Wild Thing vehicle is a "VW Thing" built in 1973... :anibad:

This was an attempt to illustrate your Class A motorhome. Would you like the VW instead ?

Like this ?

566c9e6c-2316-4b31-ac90-6b5d93b790ba.jpg

Yes, I like them both?????? :laughing: decisions, decisions Thanks to all :anibad:

Could you make it bigger? :)

Edited by Wild Thing 73

I have been trying to find an adequate avatar, then I read this topic....WOW...When you have time: i am a retired Navy Pilot, travel in a Class A motorhome, cache along the way with eTrex legend cx...many thanks for any consideration. Guy & Daphine -_-

For Wild Thing....

Wild_Thing_73big.jpg

Thanks guys they are great and so are you! :P

Not trying to compete with you DinoHunters, just trying to help. I did one for Wild Thing too. But as usual, my sizes might be off and it will probably lose detail when avatar size. But anyway, here it is

Mine may be more of a Signature item type thing? I just can't get any of mine to look good with the small avatar size

Wow! this is great, thanks very much! You guys are really good!!!! -_-

Wow! this is great, thanks very much! You guys are really good!!!! -_-

This matches my retirement coin that I carry, I will see if I can get it to fit etc. But this what I had in mind at the start....I am using all avatars that have been put together for us...thanks again :P

I have a great avatar made by kimmie but I want to play around with it and maybe modify it so I can print it out so i could do some pokerchips or business cards but what kind of program do you use. like if i wanted to change the font or coloring?

I use adobe photoshop CS. I know some others on here us more advanced software, but if you just want to mess with colors and fonts, photoshop would do it.

I have a great avatar made by kimmie but I want to play around with it and maybe modify it so I can print it out so i could do some pokerchips or business cards but what kind of program do you use. like if i wanted to change the font or coloring?

I use adobe photoshop CS. I know some others on here us more advanced software, but if you just want to mess with colors and fonts, photoshop would do it.

is it a free program or something i need to buy, I think I have photoshopdeluxe business, I think it came with my camera but when I tried to do anything it says to put disk in so im not sure. I know there are alot of free programs out there that you can do some of the things that the expensive paid for ones do Im just not to familiar with them

Photoshop is actually one of the most advanced softwares for photo editing available if you just buy a basic version for about $650. I've been using it professionally for almost 20 years (used macpaint for awhile before that) and still haven't learned every little trick there is and there are an almost unlimited numbers of filters and effects that work between all the Adobe softwares. Corel is also another excellent choice and Painter has made dynamic strides in the last few years. I think that's why this thread is so successful. It takes a lot of time and effort to learn the basics of these programs so those of us who have often offer our help. If you need a simple text change or color switches you can probably just post the image here and one of us can help. If you want high clarity for small detail on a sigitem, you should also consider getting help rebuilding your art as a vector based format so you can make very small and very large items from nickels to T-shirts. So show us your stuff and we'll try and give you a hand. Even if you just have a pencil sketch, the people who have volunteered here are turning out some really great stuff. :unsure:

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

I have a couple of freebies that came with different hardware. The one I use is called ULead and it came with my scanner. If your camera one asks for a disc but no disc came with it, that's a microsoft style come-on that makes you think you have a program installed, then you realize they are trying to get you to buy it.

There are a few things you can do in Microsoft Paint, and I use a free website called gifworks.com for transparency and 3-d moving text.

Edited by enfanTerrible
if anyone is able i would like one have been looking at different web sites but some are strange im retired navy live in wv was thinking along the lines of poodeck pappy or popeye i also use an exporist 200

Sorry I took a break for awhile, thought someone else would take over but I guess not.

Here is a shot at it for ya, hope you like it4d85b704-5493-45eb-a57c-fb2e1aa0e778.jpg

I like this one but I was thinking poopdeck pappy might be better, Im wanting to TRY to make a poker chip or a business card or both also I need something for the opposite side. on a side note this is one of my favorite topics because its the community helping the community. to all the designers ya'll are great, keep up the awesome work

Photoshop is actually one of the most advanced softwares for photo editing available if you just buy a basic version for about $650. I've been using it professionally for almost 20 years (used macpaint for awhile before that) and still haven't learned every little trick there is and there are an almost unlimited numbers of filters and effects that work between all the Adobe softwares. Corel is also another excellent choice and Painter has made dynamic strides in the last few years. I think that's why this thread is so successful. It takes a lot of time and effort to learn the basics of these programs so those of us who have often offer our help. If you need a simple text change or color switches you can probably just post the image here and one of us can help. If you want high clarity for small detail on a sigitem, you should also consider getting help rebuilding your art as a vector based format so you can make very small and very large items from nickels to T-shirts. So show us your stuff and we'll try and give you a hand. Even if you just have a pencil sketch, the people who have volunteered here are turning out some really great stuff. :unsure:

Are you using photoshop for the ones you are doing like the team logo in the above posts? I know I have alot to learn in photoshop! Thats for sure. Of course I am just now delving into it a bit. I was given a laptop by my stepdad that has photoshop on it already, so figured I would take advantage of that.

Are you using photoshop for the ones you are doing like the team logo in the above posts? I know I have alot to learn in photoshop! Thats for sure. Of course I am just now delving into it a bit. I was given a laptop by my stepdad that has photoshop on it already, so figured I would take advantage of that.

Yes, but I really need to upgrade. I'm using an old Photoshop 7.0.3 and I'm a bit behind. I think 2 or 3 updates have already been released now. Anything from 4 up should be fine for what we're doing though. Most of the new upgrades are features for multimedia design and ease of use. Generally I'll start by sketching on paper, move to Photoshop and then to Illustrator if I want to print it later. Sometimes I cut corners and just work at a higher resolution from the begining so I don't have to rebuild for sigitems. You definitely need a vector-type for big stuff and printscreening. You might be able to get away with hi resolution images for handcut printscreening, but most of the screeners I work with locally are using robotic cutters and vector files now. :)

Was just fooling around a minute ago and realized there's a blue grass paintbrush in this version!

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

Jimmie, how about these guys? One of the big ones for your decal and a little one for your avatar?

knightsm.JPGCACHESM.JPG

KNIGHTsticker.jpg

CACHELG1.jpg

The both look wonderful but the wife and I both like the one with the guy holding the gps but without the cache slayer (I recon I can live without any saying if it gets her to let me put sticker on "her" car :) ) Soooo would it be possible for you to keep the pic and just remove the cache slayer from it?