Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

Hi gordonparsons...

I don't think anyone has responded to this request yet, so I gave it a shot.

I tried to work in some elements here. The obvious hairdressing icons, the colours mimic the Labrador flag, and the overall layout is meant to mimic a layout that might be done by a scrapbooker.

I hope your daughter likes this effort.

23e5620e-bbe2-474f-8f21-2533c25dd270.jpg

I wonder if anyone could make one for my daughter

suzibub

she is a BBW and a hairstylist at Sears

born Labradorian, Canadian and scrapbooking addict.

She has been with me on my first and close to 100 finds,

only just recently got an account and logged a couple of her own

Nice work going on here. I'm looking for an Avatar suitable for making into a T Shirt or Hat in addition to the websites. Here are the examples I have come up with so far.

I like the geocaching stick guy and the color palatte but want to try to work in a cool compass logo too.

Medallion Hunter comes from the St Paul Winter Carnival treasure hunt, but a winter scene is not what I'm looking for. The below sample images represent my tastes. I live in Minnesota and spend time canoeing and caching. From this forum I am especially fond of Geocyclist and Kasma Gang cool fonts.

fecd0a2f-bbd6-4d9f-8869-5e2650f10ae8.jpg

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/thumb/925a...0ce3ee28c29.jpg

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/thumb/e334...67a935a88b0.jpg

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/thumb/2c37...840224d691c.jpg

Hi!

We'd be really grateful if you could help us with your logo or avatar. Unfortunately we're not really artistic when it comes to graphic software etc.

A bit of help would be brilliant!

We're called * The Gerbils *, we are a couple and we love geocaching and have got gerbils as pets. They are really interessting creatures and it's always fun watching them. We'd love to have a logo/avatar with one or two gerbils on it and maybe the geocaching logo?

Thanks to anyone who can come up with an idea.

For * The Gerbils *

eaa6189f-37b3-4225-8947-792337bc00de.jpg

I've really enjoyed viewing all the new avatars. Can anybody help me?

The CacheDetectives name came from Disney's "The Great Mouse Detective". My 3 children and I originally started caching with many of the children in the neighborhood. The kids have gotten older so it is usually just my 9-year-old daughter and I who cache together. We both have long blonde hair and we enjoy hiking. I carry a Magellan eXplorist and she uses a blue Garmin e-Trex.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

hello...any creative people want to design one for us?I would like something that put on a sticker and use as an avatar. something other geocachers would like to find and collect but says that we (my boys and I) put it in the cache ...thanks for the help :laughing::unsure::blink::(

Edited by unitydnk

OK, isn't it funny how you expand your insanity the more you get into something? Just me? OK. Well, I saw this post a long time ago, and thought "Avatar? Why the heck would I want an avatar?". Well, now I am thoroughly consumed with geocaching and the forums. I have a drawing for my avatar (see left). I would love to have the middle (pupil? Iris? whatever.) be a modified version of this compass_07.gif compass rose. Any one want to take a stab?

Thanks!

I was desperately needing some help on designing an avatar. LSUFan told me that the creative geniuses watched this forum.

My geonick is Fishingmcman because I like to bass fish and drive a GMC truck (and now geocaching). :laughing:

I was wanting something that would show all of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NotNutts:

I had an idea for one...

notnutz2.jpgnotnutz-av.jpg

Edited to add: Can the site use the larger version with the white background for printing your nickles?

:(

Those are great, thanks! Unfortunately, they won't work on the wooden nickel site. They only accept line art. Thanks, though.

I was desperately needing some help on designing an avatar. LSUFan told me that the creative geniuses watched this forum.

My geonick is Fishingmcman because I like to bass fish and drive a GMC truck (and now geocaching). :(

I was wanting something that would show all of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How about this...

gmc1-av.jpg

My geonick is Fishingmcman because I like to bass fish and drive a GMC truck (and now geocaching). :unsure:

How about this...

gmc1-av.jpg

I like that one

Lots of talent here.

I would love an avatar, but I have zero creativity. My handle came after 25 or so fustrating, failed attempts for something not taken, and there was a bottle of water next to my computer with, (you may have guessed), a cap on it. I warned you about my creativity. Oh well, what's done is done, and I'm stuck with it.

If something can be done that includes my handle, something to do with geocaching (please no signal, he's cute and all, just not my style), and I'm a huge Pittsburgh Steelers fan, I would greatly appreciate it.

Do you need an Avatar?

Do you need help with a current Avatar?

Do you have questions about Avatars?

This is your place

Many people ask for help on their avatars. Well, I like to help and so do many other people in the forums.

This is your place to bring them to our attention.

How can we help you today?

b292c77b-bc27-421c-bad2-2db7b00a0f63.jpg

P.S. : And now a word from Jeremy to anyone who is going to make an avatar.

3_600.jpg

"Please don't make derivatives of the logo. Legal mumbo jumbo forces me to say this. Come up with something unique and original."

For more info about Groundspeaks Logo Usage Policy....Click Here!

I have been trying to find an adequate avatar, then I read this topic....WOW...When you have time: i am a retired Navy Pilot, travel in a Class A motorhome, cache along the way with eTrex legend cx...many thanks for any consideration. Guy & Daphine ;)

Is anyone good at drawing? I would love a picture of signal playing the trumpet.. maybe wearing sunglasses or something. I have so many ideas, but music is my thing, not visual arts! :)

signal27zj.jpg

When you went into detail, that's what popped into my mind. I know it's bad quality and probably won't work anyway, so if anyone wants to fix it up/use the idea, go ahead. :)

Edited by GeoLizz

Lots of talent here.

I would love an avatar, but I have zero creativity. My handle came after 25 or so fustrating, failed attempts for something not taken, and there was a bottle of water next to my computer with, (you may have guessed), a cap on it. I warned you about my creativity. Oh well, what's done is done, and I'm stuck with it.

If something can be done that includes my handle, something to do with geocaching (please no signal, he's cute and all, just not my style), and I'm a huge Pittsburgh Steelers fan, I would greatly appreciate it.

Bottlecap...

Here are a couple, I didn't know what kind of GPSr you use...

bottlecap-av-magell.jpg ... bottlecap-av-garm.jpg

Is anyone good at drawing? I would love a picture of signal playing the trumpet.. maybe wearing sunglasses or something. I have so many ideas, but music is my thing, not visual arts! :)

signal27zj.jpg

When you went into detail, that's what popped into my mind. I know it's bad quality and probably won't work anyway, so if anyone wants to fix it up/use the idea, go ahead. :)

Wow, GeoLizz... that's amazing! And that was also really fast. Thanks so much!

Lots of talent here.

Bottlecap...

Here are a couple, I didn't know what kind of GPSr you use...

bottlecap-av-magell.jpg ... bottlecap-av-garm.jpg

COOL! Good 50/50 chance with the GPS'r, but you missed, I use the Lawrence I-Finder. However, no one needs to know that, or really cares. It's past beddybye time, so I'll have to figure out how to load them tomorrow evening, I have 2 FTF's to get tomorrow!

Thank you very much for your help!

Has anyone had a chance to have a go at doing one for me as per my post 7/8 March?

Crew153...

How 'bout this?

So many of the avs I do are a state or country in geocaching colors, but I do like how they look, and they're pretty easy to do! :)

crew153-av.jpg

Thanks Mizdeeds, that looks great. Much appreciated.

Do you need an Avatar?

Do you need help with a current Avatar?

Do you have questions about Avatars?

This is your place

Many people ask for help on their avatars. Well, I like to help and so do many other people in the forums.

This is your place to bring them to our attention.

How can we help you today?

b292c77b-bc27-421c-bad2-2db7b00a0f63.jpg

P.S. : And now a word from Jeremy to anyone who is going to make an avatar.

3_600.jpg

"Please don't make derivatives of the logo. Legal mumbo jumbo forces me to say this. Come up with something unique and original."

For more info about Groundspeaks Logo Usage Policy....Click Here!

How do I get my request for an Avatar in the topic sessions? :)

If you could do something for us it'd be very cool, and most appreciated.

We have a Garmin GPSMap 60Cx. We are of Polish descent. Some ideas that I came up with are something with the Polish eagle with a geocaching background, or a Polish eagle with a geo shield on it's chest...? From there I'll leave it to your best judgement and imagination, as I'm sure that whatever you come up with will exceed our expectations. ;)

I truly admire your talent for this, and your generosity in creating these for folks you only know through this forum. :(

Dave & Shelly

If anyone is willing to design one for us, I'm sure it would be simple. Our family is "The Fun Group" and we are from Maryland. I like the avatars with the state outlines and the gc colors filling in, like Crew 153. I also like the "Gx" symbol as part of the word "Group" using a fun type of font. Maybe just overlay our name where northern Virginia would normally be, and you're done! Thanks.

If anyone is willing to design one for us, I'm sure it would be simple. Our family is "The Fun Group" and we are from Maryland. I like the avatars with the state outlines and the gc colors filling in, like Crew 153. I also like the "Gx" symbol as part of the word "Group" using a fun type of font. Maybe just overlay our name where northern Virginia would normally be, and you're done! Thanks.

Easy for YOU to say! I had it all done, with Virginia as the state instead of Maryland!! :lol: That will teach me to read the posts a little better! Hope you like it.

thefungroup-av.jpg

My geonick is Fishingmcman because I like to bass fish and drive a GMC truck (and now geocaching). :unsure:

How about this...

gmc1-av.jpg

HEY!! That is his truck, color and everything. I know he has been busy lately. I'll call him and tell him to get on the forums and take a gander.

We have a Garmin GPSMap 60Cx. We are of Polish descent. Some ideas that I came up with are something with the Polish eagle with a geocaching background, or a Polish eagle with a geo shield on it's chest...? From there I'll leave it to your best judgement and imagination, as I'm sure that whatever you come up with will exceed our expectations. :unsure:

I truly admire your talent for this, and your generosity in creating these for folks you only know through this forum. :(

Dave & Shelly

How 'bout this?

wojo1024-av.jpg

COOL! Good 50/50 chance with the GPS'r, but you missed, I use the Lawrence I-Finder. However, no one needs to know that, or really cares. It's past beddybye time, so I'll have to figure out how to load them tomorrow evening, I have 2 FTF's to get tomorrow!

Hope you got those FTF's! :unsure:

Here's an iFinder...

bottlecap-lowrance-av.jpg

QUOTE(The Fun Group @ Mar 29 2006, 10:24 AM)

Easy for YOU to say! I had it all done, with Virginia as the state instead of Maryland!! That will teach me to read the posts a little better! Hope you like it.

233067thefungroupavatar.jpg

Very cool! Thanks mizdeeds.

Edited by The Fun Group

Hope you got those FTF's! :unsure:

Here's an iFinder...

bottlecap-lowrance-av.jpg

Nope! Sorry to say that #1 turned out to be a second to find. I'm still working on the other, it's a tough multi, but I'm 1 stage behind.

Thanks much for the Lowrance upgrade.

Edited by bottlecap

I've really enjoyed viewing all the new avatars. Can anybody help me?

The CacheDetectives name came from Disney's "The Great Mouse Detective". My 3 children and I originally started caching with many of the children in the neighborhood. The kids have gotten older so it is usually just my 9-year-old daughter and I who cache together. We both have long blonde hair and we enjoy hiking. I carry a Magellan eXplorist and she uses a blue Garmin e-Trex.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

For CacheDetectives

0af76202-dbca-4e57-bb74-d1b19eed7c80.jpg

There's two of us and we both work in the space industry. She works on the Space Station stuff and I work on the Space Shuttle. She does scrapbooking and I do road biking. Not sure if that's enough to give anyone some good ideas, but if someone wants to make us an avatar we'd appreciate it. I have very little artistic skill, but I see some very good work being done in here.

We have a Garmin GPSMap 60Cx. We are of Polish descent. Some ideas that I came up with are something with the Polish eagle with a geocaching background, or a Polish eagle with a geo shield on it's chest...? From there I'll leave it to your best judgement and imagination, as I'm sure that whatever you come up with will exceed our expectations. :)

I truly admire your talent for this, and your generosity in creating these for folks you only know through this forum. :D

Dave & Shelly

How 'bout this?

wojo1024-av.jpg

It ROCKS! Thanks much! :D