Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

I notice that the background color for the forums has changed so that the avatars that previously blended in perfectly now have a gray square around them. I'm trying to match the color but not succeeding.

Same here! If you notice on my previous 2 posts, one matches and the other doesn't. There are 2 different background colors now... so now I have it right only half the time.... hmmmm

I fixed yours, but it will only match when your post lands on the right color... LOL

thrak.jpg

Miz :)

The background color of the forums has changed slightly in this new version, although only on alternating posts. I've changed the color and re-uploaded the avs I've created, if the owners would like to go back and download again.

Miz :ph34r:

One thing I did with my avatar on another forum that has every second message in a different background was to have a gradient background on my avatar so that either the top faded into the background or did the bottom depending on if I posted an "even" or "odd" background colour post.

This worked OK, for the most part my avatar appeared to blend out of the background quite nicely.

BTW the current two BG colours are ... RGB 238-242-247 and RGB 245-249-253

The effect can be seen with this worm graphic....

b619930f-d09a-4bbc-90aa-b4b87be073ba.jpg

Edited by Dino Hunters

I've never really understood why a transparent background won't work for this but it doesn't appear to do so.

Is it due to the forum changing the image to a .jpg and the transparent background is a .gif thing? (I'm horribly graphically challenged.) :laughing:

Edited by Thrak

I've never really understood why a transparent background won't work for this but it doesn't appear to do so.

Is it due to the forum changing the image to a .jpg and the transparent background is a .gif thing? (I'm horribly graphically challenged.) :laughing:

Yup, as I understand it, JPG does not support transparant backgrounds. Perhaps TPTB would enable GIF avatars, or really move forward to SVG if the software supprts it :-)

Here's the worm on the opposite BG...

b619930f-d09a-4bbc-90aa-b4b87be073ba.jpg

Ok, I feel a little guilty asking for help with an avatar when I know I can't repay - I know absolutely nothing about graphics. beffums is just a nickname (take an older brother and add in alcohol... Beth Ann... Bethann... Betan... Befan...Befum...Beffums). But, if you could come up with ANYTHING with penguins and geocaching, I would love it. I leave penguins as trade items in any caches I can fit them in, so I would love to have one as an avatar... I just can't offer anything in return. :P

:laughing::o

Hello all you talented people. You can see our team logo on your left. I digitize art for embroidery for a living, however, I suck at graphic art. Go figure... I would like to see our logo with clean edges, prefer cdr or ai format if possible. If it's just a couple clicks of the mouse, I would also like to see it with a chrome or metallic look to it.

Anyone willing to help me out with this, I will digitize your team logo for embroidery use. I can send you a file that you can take to your local embroiderer and have it sewn on whatever you would like. There are some limitations to embroidery, we can discuss all that at a later time.

Thanks a bunch!

I need some avatar help!!! I have seen some really great work here and hope you folks can work a little magic for me as well.

My nickname is BigDaddyD, and I am looking for an avatar that incorporates my nickname along with a RiverRat holding a GPSMAP60 in one hand and an ElDiablo hiking staff in the other. I have a picture of the kind of RiverRat I am looking for but leave out the boat and fishing pole. It's mainly a colorful, ugly looking rat, but he doesn't have to look quite as mean as the one in the picture.

If you can help, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

35d5adde-ea28-443a-a6e9-8efdfa722f7b.jpg

Ok, I feel a little guilty asking for help with an avatar when I know I can't repay - I know absolutely nothing about graphics. beffums is just a nickname (take an older brother and add in alcohol... Beth Ann... Bethann... Betan... Befan...Befum...Beffums). But, if you could come up with ANYTHING with penguins and geocaching, I would love it. I leave penguins as trade items in any caches I can fit them in, so I would love to have one as an avatar... I just can't offer anything in return. :(

Beffums....

I left out the brother and the beer :)

beffums.jpgbeffums-av.jpg

I didn't have much detail to go on except what I could find in your profile, but I gave it a shot. I think we could do something better if you come up with a theme (maybe along the lines of your current projects). But here you go, hope it works for you. I'll send to email as well. - Hound

Looks Great!!! Email Sent

I need some avatar help!!! I have seen some really great work here and hope you folks can work a little magic for me as well.

My nickname is BigDaddyD, and I am looking for an avatar that incorporates my nickname along with a RiverRat holding a GPSMAP60 in one hand and an ElDiablo hiking staff in the other. I have a picture of the kind of RiverRat I am looking for but leave out the boat and fishing pole. It's mainly a colorful, ugly looking rat, but he doesn't have to look quite as mean as the one in the picture.

If you can help, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

How about this guy?

bdd-1.jpg ... bdd-av.jpg

:D

is it possible to makea avatar thats linux compatable for me and has some thing to do with a dragon and a tiger?? like a tiger hiding from a dragon or something like that

i would really appreciate it

You shouldn't have a problem with the standard file formats (jpg, gif, etc.) and you can download a copy of the GIMP to use for image editing/viewing. It's free and is intended to be an alternative to PhotoShop. This will let you swap files with someone who might be able to help you out with your avatar.

Hello

I would love it if someone could help me with a graphic for a cache series we're working on. I would like to try to put the image on prizes (maybe buttons or wooden nickels or maybe even T shirts) and the cache pages; basically using it as a "logo" for the series. Without giving too much away (locals lurking?) let's just say it is a mystery series. I'm looking for a comical image of a detective with a GPS in his hand and maybe a magnifying glass and a sherlock holmes type hat. Integrating the 4 geo colors would be great too.

Thanks ahead of time.

Hello

I would love it if someone could help me with a graphic for a cache series we're working on. I would like to try to put the image on prizes (maybe buttons or wooden nickels or maybe even T shirts) and the cache pages; basically using it as a "logo" for the series. Without giving too much away (locals lurking?) let's just say it is a mystery series. I'm looking for a comical image of a detective with a GPS in his hand and maybe a magnifying glass and a sherlock holmes type hat. Integrating the 4 geo colors would be great too.

Thanks ahead of time.

Sleuth..... :mellow:

mystery1.jpg

I'm looking for help with a 32x32 icon for the geocoin I'm working on. I would like to have a 3d orb in orange with a 99 in it. I have tried using the software I have and I just cant get it to look good. If someone can help it would really be a help.

Thanks

allwayslooking_99

The 3D effect seems to get lost when reduced to 32x32, but is this what you're looking for?

orange.jpg - orange99-32.jpg

I am working on a sig item and I need a line drawing of an ammo box. Since this will be imprinted fancy graphics are out. Just a simple line drawing is all I need. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated. Once I get the sig item done, I can send you a sample. The final size will be 3/4 inch and the people doing the item will shrink the image as needed, of course.

Thanks in advance.

I am working on a sig item and I need a line drawing of an ammo box. Since this will be imprinted fancy graphics are out. Just a simple line drawing is all I need. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated. Once I get the sig item done, I can send you a sample. The final size will be 3/4 inch and the people doing the item will shrink the image as needed, of course.

Thanks in advance.

I drew this one for an open source clipart project that I am involved with. Public domain!

You can e-mail me for the source line drawing files if you like it.

D.H.

AMMOC2.jpg

Thanks in advance.

I drew this one for an open source clipart project that I am involved with. Public domain!

You can e-mail me for the source line drawing files if you like it.

D.H.

AMMOC2.jpg

Thanks, I will send it off and see if this works. It should.